|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did Boukreev arrive at Camp IV?
2. Boukreev encountered Beck Weathers, asking for Rob Hall. How long had he been waiting for Hall?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
3. Besides Boukreev, who else was alone in a tent, at the end of Chapter 17, Snowblind?
(a) Doug Hansen.
(b) Lou Kasichke.
(c) Andy Harris.
(d) Beck Weathers.
4. At the end of Chapter 11, Toward the Push, Fischer joked that Boukreev and Adam were going to descend lower than base camp to ____.
(a) Bring supplies and oxygen to the rest of the crew.
(b) Meet woman trekkers and drink beer.
(c) Rest and recuperate before the summit bid.
(d) Play cards and gamble.
5. What did Charlotte do for Sandy, in Chapter 17, Snowblind?
(a) Replaced her crampons.
(b) Carried her down the Summit.
(c) Gave Sandy a shot of dexamethaone.
(d) Changed her oxygen tanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Boukreev's advice to Adams?
2. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 10, The First Delays?
3. What was one barrier between Boukreev and his clients?
4. How did Ngawang Topche Sherpa get to base camp?
5. What flow rate did Beidleman turn Pittman's oxygen up to in order to revive her?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)