|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 11, Toward the Push, Fischer joked that Boukreev and Adam were going to descend lower than base camp to ____.
(a) Meet woman trekkers and drink beer.
(b) Play cards and gamble.
(c) Bring supplies and oxygen to the rest of the crew.
(d) Rest and recuperate before the summit bid.
2. Boukreev encountered Beck Weathers, asking for Rob Hall. How long had he been waiting for Hall?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 4 hours.
3. What was one barrier between Boukreev and his clients?
(a) The language.
(b) Boukreev's attitude.
(c) Boukreev's expectations.
(d) The cost of the expedition.
4. Before flying to Syangboche, what did Boukreev do?
(a) Got food poisoning.
(b) Read the guiding report.
(c) Prepared plans for the climb.
(d) Socialized with friends.
5. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 5, The Trail to Everest?
(a) March 13.
(b) March 22.
(c) March 20.
(d) March 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Boukreev, who else was alone in a tent, at the end of Chapter 17, Snowblind?
2. What concerned Adams about the way the expedition was being managed?
3. At what time did Dr. Hunt talk to Fischer on the Summit?
4. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 11, Toward the Push?
5. Why was Boukreev anxious about Lopsang?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)