|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chnay?
2. How old is Dara in Chapter 3?
3. What color are the Thai soldiers' uniforms?
4. What is the name of the dance the young men and women would dance at harvest time back in Dara's village?
5. What does Nea ask Dara to do at the beginning of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jantu make for Dara that makes her feel better after Chnay destroys a pair of dolls Jantu made?
2. What does Sarun tell his family about Nong Chan?
3. What injury does Baby have and what is done about it?
4. Where do Jantu and Dara build a shelter and what do they do there?
5. Give a short description of the happier days Dara remembered when she was two or three?
6. Give a short account of the the wars Cambodia was involved in before the 1970s?
7. Who is Jantu?
8. What does Jantu make?
9. Cambodia's history dated back how many years to the building of what?
10. Describe the first person to welcome Dara's family to Nong Chan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Describe Dara's job in the kitchen. What was the cook like?
2. Where did the cook take Dara after she had worked in the kitchen a while? What was she told to do there? What dis she disapprove of that the women were doing?
3. How was Dara re-united with her familyl?
4. Choose two of the above to write on.
Essay Topic 2
1. What were some of the health problems the children at the hospital suffered from?
2. In which ward did Nea and Dara find Jantu and Baby? Describe the ward.
3. Who was Duoic and what was his story?
4. Choose two of the topics to write on.
Essay Topic 3
1. What was the lunch truck?
2. Describe the various things Sarun, Mother, Nea and Dara did to build a shelter.
3. Describe what Dara saw when she went with Grandpa Kem and Sarun to get the rice.
4. Choose two of the above topics to write about.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)