|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Nea and Dara do after loading the carts?
(a) They give prayers of thanks to Lord Buddha.
(b) They rest for a day and massage each other.
(c) They have a celebration with stew over rice.
(d) They dance around the Tamarind tree with joy.
2. How long has it been since Dara saw Jantu and her baby brother in Chapter 13?
(a) Over a month.
(b) Over five days.
(c) Over two weeks.
(d) Over a week.
3. What does Sarun now think is more important than planting rice?
(a) Marrying Nea.
(b) The flag-raising and marching before the Prince.
(c) Enlisting in Kung Silor's army.
(d) Going to get Jantu and her baby brother.
4. What does Dara find when she reaches the stone pillar?
(a) A note from Mother.
(b) Broken clay dolls.
(c) A note from Nea.
(d) A note from Sarun.
5. How many children does Dara have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sarun's reaction when Dara and Nea show him the the oxcarts fully packed and ready to go?
2. How will Nea and Dara get to the refugee camp where Jantu and Baby are in the hospital?
3. What does Sarun announce to his family after the military demonstration and speech?
4. What does Dara want to teach her daughter?
5. What does Dara see when she wakes up the morning they are to leave for Siem Reap?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sarun and his family leave the campsite at Nong Chan?
2. What does Dara do after Jantu is brought back to the base camp to help her?
3. Who do they meet in the hospital when they find Jantu and her baby brother?
4. What tragic event happens in the forest after the sun has gone down when Dara, Nea, Jantu and Baby are returning to the base camp?
5. Describe the Khao I Dang refugee camp.
6. When Nea asks Sarun if he can come with them to find Jantu and her baby brother what does he answer?
7. What do Dara and Nea do after they finish loading the ox carts for the trip home?
8. How does Dara prove her courage in Chapter 17?
9. What does Dara do in Chapter 13 to prepare for the trip home to Siem Reap?
10. What does Chnay tell Dara when she accuses him of breaking the clay dolls?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)