|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarun say is the big chance he now has?
(a) He will be marrying Nea soon.
(b) He has sentry duty and can use his gun.
(c) He is able to join Kung Silor's army.
(d) He will soon drive the family oxcart home to Siem Reap.
2. Where does Dara hear reports of a peace plan?
(a) In the newspaper.
(b) Over the radio.
(c) From Sarun.
(d) From a neighboring village.
3. Before Sarun goes to the flag-raising what does Jantu ask him to do?
(a) Extract the bullet.
(b) Bring her something to eat.
(c) Arrange for the Red Cross van to take her to the hospital.
(d) Move her to the outside hammock.
4. Who goes to the flag-raising to see Sarun?
(a) Nea and Dara.
(b) Nea, Mother, Dara and Chnay.
(c) Nea, Mother and Grandpa Kem.
(d) Nea and Mother.
5. Who rushes to the hammock after Nea utters a cry?
(a) Dara and Grandpa Kem.
(b) Mother and Grandpa Kem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the middle of the clearing in the forest?
2. Why is the boy, Duoic, in the hospital?
3. Why does Dara call to Mother and Nea in alarm in the morning?
4. What does Duoic finally do for himself after he had tried to get someone else to do it for him?
5. The words spoken over the loudspeaker during the demonstration are likened to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the morning they leave for home.
2. Describe the chores Dara is ordered to do by the bad-tempered cook in the kitchen the first day?
3. What does Dara do after Jantu is brought back to the base camp to help her?
4. Describe Dara's interaction with the little monkey chained in the kitchen.
5. What happens when Dara asks Sarun to get the pass?
6. Who do they meet in the hospital when they find Jantu and her baby brother?
7. How does Dara prove her courage in Chapter 17?
8. What is the legacy of the magic marble and the clay toys Jantu taught Dara to make?
9. What does Chnay give Dara and why won't he come with them?
10. Who goes with Sarun to the flag-raising and who stays behind with Jantu and why?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)