|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tries did Chnay make in order to perfect the wooden cowbell he carved for Dara?
2. What makes Sarun change his mind and go ask for the pass?
(a) Nea flirts with him.
(b) Dara threatens to go to Kung Silor herself and ask.
(c) Mother pleads with him.
(d) He is suddenly ashamed of himself for his selfishness.
3. How many soldiers marched up to the flag pole and fired their guns?
(d) A dozen.
4. How many children do Nea and Sarun have?
5. Who is the leader of the Khmer Serei soldiers?
(a) General Kung Silor.
(b) General Kong Sulir.
(c) General Kang Salor.
(d) General King Sulir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dara protest about to the cook on the second afternoon in Chapter 12?
2. Who had Chnay made friends with besides some loner boys?
3. How many children does Dara have?
4. Before Sarun goes to the flag-raising what does Jantu ask him to do?
5. What could Dara see behind the grove of jacaranda trees over the thatched roof of the kitchen.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the morning they leave for home.
2. What does Dara find when she returns to Nong Chan?
3. How does Dara prove her courage in Chapter 17?
4. What does Chnay give Dara and why won't he come with them?
5. What happens to Dara and Sarun when they return to Siem Reap?
6. Describe Dara's interaction with the little monkey chained in the kitchen.
7. What tragic event happens in the forest after the sun has gone down when Dara, Nea, Jantu and Baby are returning to the base camp?
8. What is the legacy of the magic marble and the clay toys Jantu taught Dara to make?
9. What does Dara do in Chapter 13 to prepare for the trip home to Siem Reap?
10. What happens at the end of the fourth day?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)