|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jantu and Dara take their food truck food to eat it?
(a) Back to their shelter.
(b) Under the shade of a tamarind tree.
(c) To the stream running through the camp.
(d) Under the shade of an acacia tree.
2. What is the name of the folktale Jantu tells Dara about a coward who turns into a hero?
(a) "Kling the Fearful".
(b) "Palm the Powerful".
(c) "Khong the Brave".
(d) "Longlu the Coward".
3. Which members of Jantu's family had died during the long war years?
(a) Her parents and her younger sister.
(b) Her parents and her older brother.
(c) Her parents and one of her younger brothers.
(d) Her parents and her older sister.
4. How many years did Cambodia's history date back to in the Preface?
(a) Over 700 years.
(b) Over three thousand years.
(c) Over one thousand years.
(d) Over two thousand years.
5. What is the Khmer Serei resistance doing to counter the Vietnamese attack?
(a) Building up their arms.
(b) Fleeing deeper into Thailand.
(c) Recruiting more men.
(d) Invading Cambodia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the Thai soldiers' uniforms?
2. What does Nea ask Dara to do at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What was the color of the armbands worn by the officials who ushered the registered team of men into the corrals where the sacks of rice had been placed?
4. With whom does Jantu compare the leaders of Cambodia in her teaching story?
5. What did the author of the book do when she arrived in Thailand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Cambodia's history dated back how many years to the building of what?
2. What are of the stories Jantu tells to Dara?
3. What happens when Jantu and Dara see some food trucks?
4. What are the basic rations refugee families receive and what do they do when they first arrive at camp?
5. What injury does Baby have and what is done about it?
6. What does Sarun proudly show Nea when he returns from the distribution center?
7. Give a short account of the the wars Cambodia was involved in before the 1970s?
8. Describe the first person to welcome Dara's family to Nong Chan.
9. What is the lunch truck?
10. Who is hurt during the bombing of the trucks and what is done about it?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)