|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jantu's personality like?
(a) Mean and stingy.
(b) Noisy and pushy.
(c) Outgoing and friendly.
(d) Shy and retiring.
2. What does Jantu make out of wild vines?
(a) A miniature swing for the toy village.
(b) A green crown for Dara's head.
(c) A delicate necklace for Dara.
(d) A delicate bracelet.
3. What is the name of Dara's village?
(a) Siem Riep.
(b) Sniep Riem.
(c) Dnang Reep.
(d) Siam Rang.
4. What does Jantu look like?
(a) Heavy and jolly.
(b) Tall and thin.
(c) Short and thin.
(d) Average weight and medium height.
5. How high are the piles of stacked rice?
(a) 12 ft. high.
(b) 10 ft. high.
(c) Twice Dara's height.
(d) Twice Sarun's height.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the head of the Khmer Rouge?
2. What river 80 miles upstream from Cambodia did the author stroll along?
3. What else happened to Cambodians during the Khmer Rouge regime?
4. What is Baby's real name?
5. From what direction was the sound that Dara and Sarun heard coming?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is hurt during the bombing of the trucks and what is done about it?
2. Who marched into Dara's village shortly after she turned twelve and what did they do?
3. What does Jantu reveal to Dara that was hidden by a palm fronds?
4. What does Jantu make for Dara that makes her feel better after Chnay destroys a pair of dolls Jantu made?
5. Give a short account of the the wars Cambodia was involved in before the 1970s?
6. Cambodia's history dated back how many years to the building of what?
7. Give a short description of the happier days Dara remembered when she was two or three?
8. What does Jantu do when Dara tells her she cannot find her way back to the camp?
9. What are of the stories Jantu tells to Dara?
10. What were some of the things that happened to the Cambodian people under the Khmer Rouge?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)