|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarun return with from the second mass distribution?
(a) Hoe heads and fishnets.
(b) More rice seed.
(c) Varous fruits.
(d) Vegetables for stew.
2. What makes Dara happy when she thinks of her father?
(a) He would dance with her.
(b) He would tell her stories at bedtime.
(c) He'd take her in his lap and cover her ears during a storm.
(d) He would sing to her at night.
3. Where do Jantu and Dara take their food truck food to eat it?
(a) Under the shade of a tamarind tree.
(b) Back to their shelter.
(c) To the stream running through the camp.
(d) Under the shade of an acacia tree.
4. What was the color of the armbands worn by the officials who ushered the registered team of men into the corrals where the sacks of rice had been placed?
5. What does Sarun start doing after breakfast?
(a) He prayswith his mother to Buddha.
(b) He explores the camp.
(c) He starts building a shelter.
(d) He goes off with another Cambodian boy.
6. Who lets big, red stinging ants crawl on his arm?
(d) Granpa Kem.
7. What happened in the same year the Khmer Rouge declared victory in Cambodia?
(a) The US entered the Vietnam war.
(b) Cambodians rallied under one of their soldiers.
(c) The Communists "liberated" Vietnam.
(d) South and North Vietnam turned against one another.
8. What kind of trees are on the trail in Chapter 1?
(a) Banana and Guava trees.
(b) Mango and teak trees.
(c) Bamboo and palm trees.
(d) Wild tamarind and rain trees.
9. How many years did Cambodia's history date back to in the Preface?
(a) Over three thousand years.
(b) Over two thousand years.
(c) Over 700 years.
(d) Over one thousand years.
10. During the last two hundred years whose colonialism had Cambodia survived?
(a) Japanese colonialism.
(b) Chinese colonialism.
(c) British colonialism.
(d) French colonialism.
11. What does Jantu make out of wild vines?
(a) A delicate necklace for Dara.
(b) A green crown for Dara's head.
(c) A delicate bracelet.
(d) A miniature swing for the toy village.
12. With whom does Jantu compare the leaders of Cambodia in her teaching story?
(a) Four stupid brothers.
(b) Five blind men.
(c) Four crippled men.
(d) Four deaf brothers.
13. What color are the Thai soldiers' uniforms?
(b) Deep blue.
(c) Olive green.
14. A dirt road linked the refugee camp with what Thai town?
(c) Khao Dang.
15. What does Dara's mother do before departing for the refugee camp?
(a) She gathers her family around her, telling them she loved them.
(b) She packs provisions of rice.
(c) She digs up her silver Buddha figure.
(d) She packs the family's clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jantu tell Dara after all her dolls and toys had been destroyed?
2. What disturbs the relative peace in the camp?
3. Which members of Jantu's family had died during the long war years?
4. What injury does Jantu's baby brother have?
5. How old is Jantu in Chapter 3?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)