|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which members of Jantu's family had died during the long war years?
(a) Her parents and one of her younger brothers.
(b) Her parents and her older brother.
(c) Her parents and her older sister.
(d) Her parents and her younger sister.
2. How long has it been since Dara saw Jantu and her baby brother in Chapter 13?
(a) Over five days.
(b) Over two weeks.
(c) Over a month.
(d) Over a week.
3. When Dara arrives at the Tamarind tree how many people are already lying under it?
4. What does Dara's mother do before departing for the refugee camp?
(a) She packs provisions of rice.
(b) She gathers her family around her, telling them she loved them.
(c) She digs up her silver Buddha figure.
(d) She packs the family's clothes.
5. What else happened to Cambodians during the Khmer Rouge regime?
(a) They didn't have enough food.
(b) They weren't allowed to pray to Buddha.
(c) They were shut off from the rest of the world.
(d) Their schools were shut down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jantu make out of banana leaves?
2. In what year did the author travel to Thailand?
3. What does Nea ask Dara to do at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. What disturbs the relative peace in the camp?
5. What caused open conflict to break out in Cambodia in the 1970s
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)