|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dara asks Chnay in what direction her family went, what does he answer?
2. What is the Khmer Serei resistance doing to counter the Vietnamese attack?
(a) Building up their arms.
(b) Recruiting more men.
(c) Invading Cambodia.
(d) Fleeing deeper into Thailand.
3. What does the family talk about first when they are reunited and sit around the campfire?
(a) The magic marble.
(b) Sarun's transformation into a soldier.
(c) Going home to their village.
(d) The coming monsoons.
4. Who does Dara unintentionally knock down in the thronging crowd of refugees?
(a) A young woman and her baby.
(b) A boy and an old man.
(c) A boy and an old woman.
(d) Two little girls.
5. What does Dara's mother smell like when she holds Dara in her arms?
(a) Rice and stew.
(b) Sweet flowers that used to grow in Dara's village.
(d) Wet earth after a rainstorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dara do the next morning in the kitchen?
2. What injury does Jantu's baby brother have?
3. Where do Dara and Chnay sleep that first night in the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. Who gives Dara a handful of rice the next morning in Chapter 9?
5. What is the name of the refugee camp on the Thai-Cambodian border?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)