|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dara do the next morning in the kitchen?
(a) Peels potatoes.
(b) Polishes silverware.
(c) Scrubs very dirty pots.
(d) Starts the lunch.
2. What was the color of the armbands worn by the officials who ushered the registered team of men into the corrals where the sacks of rice had been placed?
3. What does the cook call Dara on the next day in Chapter 12?
(a) A sweet and pretty girl.
(b) A nasty, little Cambodian.
(c) A skinny, little orphan.
(d) A helpful little girl.
4. What happens when Dara and Jantu investigate a food truck they see along the way?
(a) They find some hot stew made of yellow squash over rice.
(b) They find some fruit in a pot.
(c) They encounter some mean soldiers.
(d) Bombs drop, destroying the truck and hurting Baby.
5. How old are most of the children lined up at the food truck?
(a) Six or seven.
(b) Ten or eleven.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Eight or nine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jantu look like?
2. What does Jantu make out of banana leaves?
3. Whose father loved mangoes?
4. How old is Dara in Chapter 3?
5. What kind of trees are on the trail in Chapter 1?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)