|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of trees are on the trail in Chapter 1?
(a) Banana and Guava trees.
(b) Wild tamarind and rain trees.
(c) Bamboo and palm trees.
(d) Mango and teak trees.
2. What sound does Dara hear in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The mooing of a cow.
(b) The sound guns and bombs..
(c) The sound of dogs barking.
(d) The tinkling of a cow bell.
3. From what direction was the sound that Dara and Sarun heard coming?
(a) The north.
(b) The east.
(c) The south.
(d) The west.
4. How many times a day are the bombs dropped on the village?
(a) As otten as three or four times a day.
(b) As often as five or six times a day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) About twice a day.
5. What marked the beginning of Cambodia's rich history?
(a) The building of the Buddhist temple complex of Angkor.
(b) The festival of the lights.
(c) .The building of the first Cambodian pagoda.
(d) The festival of the rice harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the villagers hide during the bombing?
2. In what country had the author of the book grown up?
3. In what year did the Khmer Rouge declare victory in Cambodia?
4. What caused open conflict to break out in Cambodia in the 1970s
5. During the last two hundred years whose colonialism had Cambodia survived?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)