|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what direction was the sound that Dara and Sarun heard coming?
(a) The south.
(b) The east.
(c) The north.
(d) The west.
2. What happened in the same year the Khmer Rouge declared victory in Cambodia?
(a) South and North Vietnam turned against one another.
(b) The Communists "liberated" Vietnam.
(c) The US entered the Vietnam war.
(d) Cambodians rallied under one of their soldiers.
3. Who had ruled Cambodia when Dara was two- or three-years-old?
(a) Prince Soknung.
(b) Prince Singnang.
(c) Prince Sihanouk.
(d) Prince Songdacha.
4. In what country had the author of the book grown up?
(a) The US.
5. What color were the Communist soldiers dressed in?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the Khmer Rouge declare victory in Cambodia?
2. How old is Nea who welcomed Dara's family to the refugee camp?
3. How did the author serve the refugees in Thailand?
4. What happened when Vietnamese troops invaded Cambodia?
5. What is the name of the woman who wrote this book?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)