|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are most of the children lined up at the food truck?
(a) Ten or eleven.
(b) Five or six.
(c) Eight or nine.
(d) Six or seven.
2. What does Sarun start doing after breakfast?
(a) He goes off with another Cambodian boy.
(b) He starts building a shelter.
(c) He explores the camp.
(d) He prayswith his mother to Buddha.
3. What river 80 miles upstream from Cambodia did the author stroll along?
(a) The Yangtze River.
(b) The Cambodian River.
(c) The Mecong River.
(d) The Yellow River.
4. Where do the villagers hide during the bombing?
(a) In trenches dug by the farmers.
(b) In the temple.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In their houses.
5. What kind of trees are on the trail in Chapter 1?
(a) Banana and Guava trees.
(b) Wild tamarind and rain trees.
(c) Mango and teak trees.
(d) Bamboo and palm trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the food truck stop next to?
2. What caused open conflict to break out in Cambodia in the 1970s
3. How did the author serve the refugees in Thailand?
4. The author of the book took a leave of absence from what university in order to travel to Thailand?
5. In what year did the Khmer Rouge declare victory in Cambodia?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)