|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the author on her first day at the border?
(a) A mother thanked her for coming.
(b) A little child hugged her.
(c) A little girl shared her rice with her.
(d) A little child gave her a ball of mud.
2. Why do the Communists kill Dara's father?
(a) He knew how to read and write and taught the children.
(b) He taunted the Communists.
(c) He was sick.
(d) To put fear into the villagers.
3. What kind of trees are on the trail in Chapter 1?
(a) Mango and teak trees.
(b) Bamboo and palm trees.
(c) Wild tamarind and rain trees.
(d) Banana and Guava trees.
4. A dirt road linked the refugee camp with what Thai town?
(d) Khao Dang.
5. Who was the head of the Khmer Rouge?
(a) Dnang Pot.
(b) Pol Pot.
(c) Chang Ho.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in the same year the Khmer Rouge declared victory in Cambodia?
2. How old is Jantu in Chapter 3?
3. In what year did the Khmer Rouge declare victory in Cambodia?
4. What did the author of the book do when she arrived in Thailand?
5. What marked the beginning of Cambodia's rich history?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)