|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Vassa arrive in Plymouth?
2. In what year does Vassa sail for Cadiz?
3. While preparing to take her children to be sold, who does Prince's mother tell that her turn to be parted from her child will come?
4. According to Prince, one of Mr. D----'s slaves steals a bit of rice and eats it for dinner. What is the name of this slave?
5. As Chapter 2 begins, Vassa says that he was kidnapped at what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Prince meets from the Anti-Slavery Society after she leaves the Woods family?
2. Which of the following fruits does Vassa NOT plant on his visit to the Bahamas?
3. What religion does Vassa's master in Montserrat practice?
4. After arriving at the Grand Quay, Prince is put up to see how much she is worth. What is the final sum?
5. Soon after he is kidnapped, Vassa is threatened with a beating for accidentally killing which of the following animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What description does Vassa give of the Indians he and Dr. Irving meet in Cadiz?
2. Describe the work required of Prince and the other slaves under the ownership of Mr. D-----.
3. What is the fate of Hetty in Captain I-----'s household?
4. In Chapter 6, what decision does Vassa say he has reached about the life of a free black person?
5. What is the subject of the poem at the end of Chapter 10?
6. Explain Prince's mother's remark made to a fellow slave while preparing her children for sale, that the woman's turn will come next.
7. According to the preface of Mary Prince's narrative, why did she wish to write her story?
8. Describe Vassa's early childhood as discussed in Chapter 2.
9. Why is Prince unwilling to take her things and return to Antigua after leaving the Woods' service?
10. What does Pringle state about his wishes for British law in regards to slavery at the end of his Supplement to Prince's narrative?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)