|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, where does Dr. Irving tell Vassa he wishes to start a plantation?
(d) Puerto Rico.
2. After his initial voyage as a kidnapped slave, Vassa is taken off the slave ship at which Caribbean island?
(c) Puerto Rico.
3. When Prince is sold to pay for her master's wedding, which of the following children is most unhappy to see her go?
4. How old is Prince when her owner is forced to hire her out to Mrs. Pruden?
5. As Chapter 2 begins, Vassa says that he was kidnapped at what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. Prince's new master puts her in charge of his son, a young boy named what?
2. Which of the following jobs does Vassa perform at the end of Chapter 8 that he has never performed before?
3. As Prince's history begins, she mentions that she was born in which country?
4. What does Vassa buy during his time in St. Kitts?
5. At the beginning of his narrative, Vassa informs readers that he was born in which African province?
Short Essay Questions
1. While in England with the Woods family, what work is Prince compelled to do that is very difficult for her? How does Mr. Woods respond?
2. Why is Prince unwilling to take her things and return to Antigua after leaving the Woods' service?
3. Describe the logic by which Vassa believes he cannot be sold at the end of Chapter 4.
4. Describe Vassa's response to his continued slavery after he is sold.
5. Describe the Embrenche mark as detailed by Vassa when discussing his tribe's culture.
6. What happens when Prince meets her mother again during her time on Turk's Island?
7. Explain Prince's mother's remark made to a fellow slave while preparing her children for sale, that the woman's turn will come next.
8. What is the subject of the poem at the end of Chapter 10?
9. Describe Vassa's early childhood as discussed in Chapter 2.
10. In Chapter 6, what decision does Vassa say he has reached about the life of a free black person?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)