|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who shares his food rations with Prince on the voyage to Turk's Island?
2. As Chapter 2 begins, Vassa says that he was kidnapped at what age?
3. When Prince's master wishes to remarry, he sells Prince and how many of her siblings to raise money for his wedding?
4. As a free man, Vassa accepts 7 pounds to accompany which captain to London?
(a) Captain Black.
(b) Captain Hamer.
(c) Captain Moore.
(d) Captain Grey.
5. What is the name of the second family for whom Prince works after leaving the Woods family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following ladies does NOT teach at the Moravian church Prince visits during her time with the Woods family?
2. In the care of Mrs. Pruden, Prince looks after children by all BUT WHICH of the following names?
3. Prince finally escapes Mr. D-----'s service by accompanying Mr. Wood to which location?
4. Vassa receives a letter of recommendation from which individual in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 6, Vassa's master says he will give him his freedom for what price?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the response of Betsey Williams upon learning that Prince will be sold to raise money for her father's wedding?
2. When discussing his culture, Vassa notes that they have several things in common with Jews; what are these similarities?
3. What does Pringle state about his wishes for British law in regards to slavery at the end of his Supplement to Prince's narrative?
4. What events lead to Prince being placed with Mrs. Pruden, after her service with the Williams family?
5. What is the fate of Hetty in Captain I-----'s household?
6. What is the conflict between Vassa and Mr. Read after he is freed?
7. What description does Vassa give of the Indians he and Dr. Irving meet in Cadiz?
8. What happens when Prince meets her mother again during her time on Turk's Island?
9. After being beaten by Captain I---- when a cow gets lose, Prince runs away to her mother. What is the result of this flight?
10. Describe the Embrenche mark as detailed by Vassa when discussing his tribe's culture.
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)