|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fair overseer is replaced by which of the following men at Lloyd's plantation?
(a) Mr. Miles.
(b) Mr. Cantor.
(c) Mr. Gore.
(d) Mr. Nichols.
2. How old is Brent when her second child, a baby girl, is born?
3. As Chapter 24 opens, how many trips has Dr. Flint made to New York in search of Brent?
4. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld had prior to Douglass' arrival?
5. Though he does not know for sure how old he is as his story begins, Douglass estimates that he is roughly how old?
6. After Douglass' aunt is beaten, he learns that she has been meeting her boyfriend. What is the name of the boyfriend?
7. In Garrison's Preface, he says that he sought the aid of the General Agent of the Massachusetts Anti-Slavery Society. What is the name of this man?
8. Where does Benny say he thinks his mother is when Dr. Flint asks him?
(c) New York.
9. How old is Benny, Brent's son, in Chapter 15?
10. For what sum does Mrs. Bruce purchase Brent's freedom at the end of the narrative?
11. How old is Douglass when his mother dies?
12. How old is Douglass in Chapter 8?
13. By what animal is Benny bitten while Brent hides in her grandmother's attic?
14. In his discussion of his childhood, what does Douglass say is the name of the man who owns his mother?
(a) Mr. Cage.
(b) Mr. Gale.
(c) Mr. Stewart.
(d) Mr. Winthrop.
15. How old is Ellen when Dr. Flint throws her in jail in an attempt to get information on Brent's whereabouts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Douglass sent when he leaves Lloyd's plantation?
2. What is the name of the man in Chapter 36 who has been writing to the Flints of Brent's whereabouts?
3. After Brent's deceiving letters home, Dr. Flint writes to the major of which city in search of her?
4. What is the name of the slave who is killed by the new overseer at Lloyd's plantation?
5. What is the name of Douglass' aunt who is badly beaten when he is a child?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)