|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following preachers does Douglass say is the favorite of the slaves in St. Michael's?
(a) Mr. Ewery.
(b) Mr. Humphry.
(c) Mr. Storks.
(d) Mr. Cookman.
2. Douglass leaves Thomas Auld's house in what year?
3. How long do Brent and Ellen support themselves in Boston?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 15 months.
(d) 8 months.
4. Garrison states in his Preface that Douglass proves slaves in Maryland were treated slightly better than slaves in all BUT WHICH of the following states?
5. What is the name of the doctor Brent wishes Ellen to see in Chapter 33?
(a) Dr. Elliot.
(b) Dr. Peters.
(c) Dr. Long.
(d) Dr. Durham.
6. Brent says in Chapter 22 that Christmas donations frequently reach what sum?
7. How old is Brent when Dr. Flint begins to pursue her?
8. What is the name of the neighbor's slave in Chapter 6 whom Douglass witnesses fighting for food with the pigs?
9. To which state does Dr. Flint send his son on a visit in Chapter 7?
(c) New York.
10. For which relative does Douglass feel especially sorry after the death of his former master?
11. How old is Brent when her second child, a baby girl, is born?
12. When discussing slave conditions during his childhood, Douglass says that slaves were allotted how many pounds of pork or fish per month?
13. Brent learns that prior to William running away, Mr. Sands had intended to free him in how many years?
14. After Brent's deceiving letters home, Dr. Flint writes to the major of which city in search of her?
15. In his discussion of his childhood, what does Douglass say is the name of the man who owns his mother?
(a) Mr. Stewart.
(b) Mr. Winthrop.
(c) Mr. Cage.
(d) Mr. Gale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Benny say he thinks his mother is when Dr. Flint asks him?
2. In Garrison's Preface, he says that he sought the aid of the General Agent of the Massachusetts Anti-Slavery Society. What is the name of this man?
3. During which of the following years is Garrison's Preface dated?
4. Upon becoming pregnant, which relative does Brent most fear telling of her pregnancy?
5. The fair overseer is replaced by which of the following men at Lloyd's plantation?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)