|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Douglass when he leaves Lloyd's plantation?
2. What is the name of the kind pastor in Chapter 31 who takes Brent and her friend in?
(a) Rev. Long.
(b) Rev. Peters.
(c) Rev. Elliot.
(d) Rev. Durham.
3. In Chapter 28, Brent mentions that her Aunt Nancy was allowed to marry at what age?
4. How long does Brent live in her grandmother's attic before actually running away?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 16 months.
5. Upon becoming pregnant, which relative does Brent most fear telling of her pregnancy?
6. At the Bruce house, what is the name of the baby for whom Brent cares?
7. How long does Douglass live with his rented master?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 4 months.
8. After Dr. Flint's death, Brent receives a letter from Emily Flint who has been married. What is Emily's new name?
(a) Mrs. Hyde.
(b) Mrs. Taylor.
(c) Mrs. Dodge.
(d) Mrs. Thorne.
9. Where does Benny say he thinks his mother is when Dr. Flint asks him?
(d) New York.
10. Upon arriving at the Auld household, Douglass learns that he is to care for their young child by what name?
11. After Brent's deceiving letters home, Dr. Flint writes to the major of which city in search of her?
12. As Chapter 24 opens, how many trips has Dr. Flint made to New York in search of Brent?
13. In Chapter 9, all BUT WHICH of the following are fellow kitchen slaves?
14. What is the name of the woman who kills a slave for not staying awake all night to watch the baby in Chapter 4?
(a) Mrs. Michaels.
(b) Mrs. Cantor.
(c) Mrs. Hicks.
(d) Mrs. Giles.
15. When discussing his master's house, Douglass says that people come from all BUT WHICH of the following towns to see the master's garden?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Douglass sent when he leaves Lloyd's plantation?
2. Douglass leaves Thomas Auld's house in what year?
3. As Chapter 7 opens, Douglass says that he lived with the Auld family for how long?
4. At the beginning of the narrative, what does Brent say her is brother's name?
5. What is the name of the doctor Brent wishes Ellen to see in Chapter 33?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)