|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Mr. D------, Mr. Wood purchases Prince for what sum?
2. Vassa mentions that he has been baptized; during which year did his baptism take place?
3. After arriving at the Grand Quay, Prince is put up to see how much she is worth. What is the final sum?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 75 pounds.
(d) 150 pounds.
4. When speaking with Mr. G, Vassa says he thinks he does well with how many of the Ten Commandments?
5. When discussing his relationship with Mr. G, Vassa mentions that he enjoyed correspondence with Mr. G until the man died in which year?
6. In his exploration of religions, Vassa touches on all BUT WHICH of the following religions?
7. What is the name of the second family for whom Prince works after leaving the Woods family?
8. Prince finally escapes Mr. D-----'s service by accompanying Mr. Wood to which location?
(c) Puerto Rico.
9. After deciding to become a missionary, Vassa appeals to the Bishop of which city for the job?
10. What is the name of the woman Prince meets from the Anti-Slavery Society after she leaves the Woods family?
11. After Mr. I--------- sends Prince to Turk's Island, how long is she aboard the ship?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
12. After his initial voyage as a kidnapped slave, Vassa is taken off the slave ship at which Caribbean island?
(b) Puerto Rico.
13. As Chapter 4 opens, Vassa says it's been how long since he was first brought to England?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 years.
14. Which of the following instruments does Vassa learn to play during his spare time as a free man?
(b) French Horn.
15. While in England, how many times do the Woods' threaten to throw Prince out on her own before she finally resolves to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who shares his food rations with Prince on the voyage to Turk's Island?
2. In Chapter 11, where does Dr. Irving tell Vassa he wishes to start a plantation?
3. What is the name of the ship Vassa's master purchases to travel to Philadelphia?
4. As Prince's history begins, she mentions that she was born in which country?
5. At the beginning of his narrative, Vassa informs readers that he was born in which African province?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)