|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being sold to Mr. D--------, Prince is forced to dig up which of the following minerals?
2. What is the name of the free mulatto woman who makes Prince's life difficult during her service to the Wood family?
3. Which of the following chores does Prince find horribly painful during her time in England with the Woods family?
(a) Farm duties.
(c) House cleaning.
4. What relative does Prince come into contact with during her time at Turk's Island, who is unable to recognize her?
5. The Woods' are very angry with Prince over her marriage, but will not sell her. How many other slaves does Mrs. Woods sell while Prince is with her?
6. What is the name of the second family for whom Prince works after leaving the Woods family?
7. What nickname does Vassa earn after his master dies on board the ship?
8. When taken to the town of Tinmah, Vassa relates that the people there use small white shells as currency. For how many shells is Vassa sold?
9. When discussing his relationship with Mr. G, Vassa mentions that he enjoyed correspondence with Mr. G until the man died in which year?
10. What is the name of Vassa's young American friend on the ship in Chapter 3?
11. Which of the following fruits does Vassa NOT plant on his visit to the Bahamas?
12. While describing the cruelty of Mr. D------'s son, Prince tells of another slave who dies when the son throws her into prickly pear bushes. What is this slave's name?
13. To which of the following people is Vassa sold at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Lord Howe.
(b) Commodore Dennis.
(c) Captain Doran.
(d) Commodore Stanhope.
14. Prince finally escapes Mr. D-----'s service by accompanying Mr. Wood to which location?
(b) Puerto Rico.
15. According to Prince, one of Mr. D----'s slaves steals a bit of rice and eats it for dinner. What is the name of this slave?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what price is Prince sold in order to finance her master's wedding?
2. While in England, how many times do the Woods' threaten to throw Prince out on her own before she finally resolves to go?
3. After deciding to become a missionary, Vassa appeals to the Bishop of which city for the job?
4. In what year does Vassa arrive in Montserrat for the first time?
5. How many years does Prince work for Mr. D-------- in Turk's Island before he retires and takes her to Bermuda with him?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)