|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under the ownership of Mr. D--------, Prince has to spend long hours cutting up which of the following fruits used to burn lime?
2. In Chapter 3, Vassa has chillblains and is unable to enjoy which place he'd been excited to see?
(c) New York.
3. When Prince is sold to pay for her master's wedding, which of the following children is most unhappy to see her go?
4. Upon reaching Mr. I------'s household, Prince says she notices a French Black; what is the French Black person's name?
5. While waiting for the slave auction to begin, Prince notes that the remarks from white people fell on her heart like what?
6. When describing Mr. I-------'s household, Prince says that how many little slave boys live there?
7. After leaving Mr. D------, Mr. Wood purchases Prince for what sum?
8. In the care of Mrs. Pruden, Prince looks after children by all BUT WHICH of the following names?
9. Which of the following chores does Prince find horribly painful during her time in England with the Woods family?
(a) House cleaning.
(b) Farm duties.
10. What is the name of Vassa's young American friend on the ship in Chapter 3?
11. After attending the Moravian church, Prince meets the man who will be her husband. What is his name?
12. After deciding to become a missionary, Vassa appeals to the Bishop of which city for the job?
13. What is the name of the church Vassa visits in the opening of Chapter 10?
(a) St. Mark.
(b) St. James.
(c) St. Mary.
(d) St. Peter.
14. How long do Vassa and his crew mates spend in New Providence on their visit?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 18 days.
15. Which book of the Bible does Vassa quote at the end of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following ladies does NOT teach at the Moravian church Prince visits during her time with the Woods family?
2. Upon arriving at the Grand Quay, Prince is sent to the house of her new master. What is her new master's name?
3. After describing the working conditions under Mr. D----, Prince mentions that he also owns a lame slave. What is the slave's name?
4. What is the name of the man who shares his food rations with Prince on the voyage to Turk's Island?
5. When the farm owner dies, Prince is bought by Captain Darrel and then given to his granddaughter. What is his granddaughter's name?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)