1. At the beginning of his narrative, Vassa informs readers that he was born in which African province?
2. As Vassa discusses the customs of his people, he mentions a mark of distinction that the elders wear over the eyebrows. What is this mark called?
3. What does the name "Olaudah" mean in Vassa's native language, according to his description of his childhood?
4. Which book of the Bible does Vassa quote at the end of Chapter 1?
5. As Chapter 2 begins, Vassa says that he was kidnapped at what age?
6. Soon after he is kidnapped, Vassa is threatened with a beating for accidentally killing which of the following animals?
This section contains 3,589 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)