|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Brent's deceiving letters home, Dr. Flint writes to the major of which city in search of her?
2. According to Chapter 2, what was the total monetary value of the clothing provided for each slave per year?
3. What religion does Vassa's master in Montserrat practice?
4. In his discussion of the Auld household, Douglass says that Mrs. Auld practices which trade?
5. How long does it take for Ellen to arrive in Brooklyn after she leaves Mr. Sands?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 7 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Vassa discusses the customs of his people, he mentions a mark of distinction that the elders wear over the eyebrows. What is this mark called?
2. After the slave auction, which of Brent's relatives and fellow slaves resolves to run away?
3. How many children does Prince's mother have after arriving in Captain Darrel's daughter's household?
4. Brent says in Chapter 22 that Christmas donations frequently reach what sum?
5. As his narrative begins, Douglass says that he has had two masters. What is the name of his first master?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)