|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Narrative of the Life of Fredrick Douglass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Douglass say he went to St. Michael's?
2. What is the name of the new Captain who replaces Vassa's deceased former master in Chapter 8?
(a) Captain Doyle.
(b) Captain King.
(c) Captain Phillips.
(d) Captain Long.
3. Vassa argues toward the end of his narrative that Africa will produce opportunities in all BUT WHICH of the following areas?
4. Under the ownership of Mr. D--------, Prince has to spend long hours cutting up which of the following fruits used to burn lime?
5. At the beginning of his narrative, Vassa informs readers that he was born in which African province?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Mary Prince preface, who first suggested the writing of her history?
2. After his initial voyage as a kidnapped slave, Vassa is taken off the slave ship at which Caribbean island?
3. What is the name of the church Vassa visits in the opening of Chapter 10?
4. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld had prior to Douglass' arrival?
5. What is the name of the free mulatto woman who makes Prince's life difficult during her service to the Wood family?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)