|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Narrative of the Life of Fredrick Douglass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being sold to Mr. D--------, Prince is forced to dig up which of the following minerals?
2. What is the name of the new Captain who replaces Vassa's deceased former master in Chapter 8?
(a) Captain Doyle.
(b) Captain Phillips.
(c) Captain King.
(d) Captain Long.
3. Which of the following chores does Prince find horribly painful during her time in England with the Woods family?
(c) Farm duties.
(d) House cleaning.
4. When Mr. Severe, the overseer, dies, he is replaced by whom?
(a) Mr. Townshend.
(b) Mr. Hopkins.
(c) Mr. Anthony.
(d) Mr. Lloyd.
5. In Chapter 9, all BUT WHICH of the following are fellow kitchen slaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 2, which of the following were NOT children of Douglass' master?
2. What does the name "Olaudah" mean in Vassa's native language, according to his description of his childhood?
3. What is the name of the woman Prince meets from the Anti-Slavery Society after she leaves the Woods family?
4. During Douglass' time with the Aulds, which of his former master's children dies?
5. What is the name of the Reverend who teaches Prince while her new master is away in Scotland?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)