|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gustavus Vassa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his discussion of slave conditions in Barbados, how much does Vassa say is the penalty for killing a slave there?
(a) 25 pounds.
(b) 0 pounds.
(c) 15 pounds.
(d) 8 pounds.
2. What is the name of the new Captain who replaces Vassa's deceased former master in Chapter 8?
(a) Captain Doyle.
(b) Captain Long.
(c) Captain Phillips.
(d) Captain King.
3. Which book of the Bible does Vassa quote at the end of Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 11, where does Dr. Irving tell Vassa he wishes to start a plantation?
(a) Puerto Rico.
5. What is the name of the doctor who treats Vassa when he is beaten in St. Kitt's?
(a) Doctor Brady.
(b) Doctor Moore.
(c) Doctor Johnson.
(d) Doctor Perkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship on which Vassa travels to Italy?
2. How long do Vassa and his crew mates spend in New Providence on their visit?
3. After his initial voyage as a kidnapped slave, Vassa is taken off the slave ship at which Caribbean island?
4. Vassa argues toward the end of his narrative that Africa will produce opportunities in all BUT WHICH of the following areas?
5. Soon after he is kidnapped, Vassa is threatened with a beating for accidentally killing which of the following animals?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)