|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gustavus Vassa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Vassa earn after his master dies on board the ship?
2. As Chapter 2 begins, Vassa says that he was kidnapped at what age?
3. What is the name of Vassa's new wife?
(a) Miss Cullen.
(b) Miss King.
(c) Miss Jasper.
(d) Miss Edwards.
4. What does the name "Olaudah" mean in Vassa's native language, according to his description of his childhood?
5. Which book of the Bible does Vassa quote at the end of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. When taken to the town of Tinmah, Vassa relates that the people there use small white shells as currency. For how many shells is Vassa sold?
2. Vassa argues toward the end of his narrative that Africa will produce opportunities in all BUT WHICH of the following areas?
3. In his exploration of religions, Vassa touches on all BUT WHICH of the following religions?
4. After his initial voyage as a kidnapped slave, Vassa is taken off the slave ship at which Caribbean island?
5. As Chapter 4 opens, Vassa says it's been how long since he was first brought to England?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)