|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gustavus Vassa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vassa argues toward the end of his narrative that Africa will produce opportunities in all BUT WHICH of the following areas?
2. What religion does Vassa's master in Montserrat practice?
3. After deciding to become a missionary, Vassa appeals to the Bishop of which city for the job?
4. What is the name of Vassa's young American friend on the ship in Chapter 3?
5. Which book of the Bible does Vassa quote at the end of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Vassa arrive in Plymouth?
2. In Chapter 6, Vassa's master says he will give him his freedom for what price?
3. Which of the following jobs does Vassa perform at the end of Chapter 8 that he has never performed before?
4. As Vassa discusses the customs of his people, he mentions a mark of distinction that the elders wear over the eyebrows. What is this mark called?
5. When discussing his relationship with Mr. G, Vassa mentions that he enjoyed correspondence with Mr. G until the man died in which year?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)