|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Narrative of the Life of Fredrick Douglass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Vassa sail for Cadiz?
2. What is the name of the woman who kills a slave for not staying awake all night to watch the baby in Chapter 4?
(a) Mrs. Giles.
(b) Mrs. Michaels.
(c) Mrs. Cantor.
(d) Mrs. Hicks.
3. When Mr. Severe, the overseer, dies, he is replaced by whom?
(a) Mr. Hopkins.
(b) Mr. Anthony.
(c) Mr. Townshend.
(d) Mr. Lloyd.
4. Which book of the Bible does Vassa quote at the end of Chapter 1?
5. Where is Douglass sent when he leaves Lloyd's plantation?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Garrison's Preface, he says that he sought the aid of the General Agent of the Massachusetts Anti-Slavery Society. What is the name of this man?
2. At the beginning of his narrative, Vassa informs readers that he was born in which African province?
3. In his discussion of the Indians in Cadiz, how many wives does Vassa say the Indians have?
4. When discussing the plight of slaves in Barbados, Vassa says the average life expectancy for a slave there is how long?
5. Prince reports that she was baptized in August 1817 by which of the following individuals?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)