|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Narrative of the Life of Fredrick Douglass.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name "Olaudah" mean in Vassa's native language, according to his description of his childhood?
2. During her time in Bermuda, Prince reports that Mr. D-------- frequently abuses not only his slaves but also which of the following relatives?
3. According to Douglass, which of the following is NOT the name of one of the master's sons?
4. What is the name of the ship on which Vassa travels to Italy?
5. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld had prior to Douglass' arrival?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Douglass say he went to St. Michael's?
2. In what year does Vassa arrive in Montserrat for the first time?
3. Upon attending church for Christmas with the Woods family, Prince meets a ranger who feels guilty for the way he has treated fellow slaves. What is the ranger's name?
4. Garrison states in his Preface that Douglass proves slaves in Maryland were treated slightly better than slaves in all BUT WHICH of the following states?
5. What is the name of Vassa's friend who teaches him to shave and read?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)