|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beauty hear the Prince doing when she awakes at the end of Chapter 11?
2. What falls to the floor that Beauty picks up her teeth and hands to Lady Juliana?
3. What does Alexi say he did immediately when the Queen unchained him his first time at the castle?
4. What does the Prince direct Beauty to do with a pitcher in Chapter 12?
5. What kind of paddle is Beauty driven forward before she partakes in the Bridle Path?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of humiliation in the book. In what way do members of the Crown humiliate others and what motivations do they have for doing so?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of hate in the book. What did hate represent to the slaves, namely Beauty?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Beauty's chamber in the book. In what way might her and the Prince's time spent there be considered a type of symbolic union between them?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)