|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the men squirt up into Beauty in order to clean her after the orgy which took place?
2. Tristan realizes that being Stefan's lover made his slave role _________ and so Tristan could not submit to him.
3. What did people carry their wine around in as they were walked about the village?
4. Who did Beauty dream of as she slipped into a sleep later on in the evening?
5. Why couldn't the Princess see Tristan when he was brought into the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
2. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
3. What does Tristan have to do, according to Nicolas, before he can go to see Beauty?
4. What is the chore the slaves have to perform when they are in the orchard and what rules must they follow?
5. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
6. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
7. What does the tightness of the harness do to Tristan as he is prepared for the daily activities?
8. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
9. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
10. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are called Princes and Princesses, bought and sold into slavery when they are children.
Part 1: Why do you think Princesses and Princes are turned into slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the value of the slaves goes up if they are royalty? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the suffering and humiliation of a Prince or Princess compares to a slave who is not royalty?
Essay Topic 2
Some of the slaves receive more perks than other slaves might during their ownership and training.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for some of the slaves to get more rewards than other slaves do?
Part 2: How do you think the relationships between the slaves change when they see others getting more rewards?
Part 3: Why do you think owners and other trainers decide to treat some slaves better than others?
Essay Topic 3
The sexual encounters of the slaves are many, with the slave rarely being able to achieve release of orgasm.
Part 1: Why is sexual arousal used in addition to pain in the training of the slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses use sex as a punishment as much as a reward?
Part 3: Do you think the slaves would be as eager to please without the sexual encounters?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)