|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another slave tries to console Tristan's desires by telling him that the one chosen must __________ in the beginning.
2. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
3. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
4. While Tristan has already been with the Princess in the tent, he realizes his ____________ has redoubled upon going to his Master.
5. Prince Richard allowed Beauty to _________ a little slowly, though he eventually told her to perk up lest they be whipped.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
2. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
3. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
4. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
5. What does Nicolas do as he passes Tristan in the courtyard, though none of the other slaves seems to notice?
6. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
7. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
8. What does Tristan admit to himself about the falling out he had with his previous Master, Lord Stefan?
9. What is the chore the slaves have to perform when they are in the orchard and what rules must they follow?
10. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In some cases, it seems the owners of the slaves begin to fall in love with their slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners are able to fall in love with their slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that these feelings of love are genuine or just based on how they want to feel about their relationship to the slave?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves should feel about being loved by their Masters or Mistresses?
Essay Topic 2
The slaves are called Princes and Princesses, bought and sold into slavery when they are children.
Part 1: Why do you think Princesses and Princes are turned into slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the value of the slaves goes up if they are royalty? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the suffering and humiliation of a Prince or Princess compares to a slave who is not royalty?
Essay Topic 3
The differences among the slave owners is vast, as those who own Tristan and Beauty at the end of the book seem to worship the slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think slaves are treated different, depending on their owners?
Part 2: Do you think the slave should be treated differently when they are with different owners? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think a slave's knowledge is affected each time they have a new Master or Mistress?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)