|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
2. Nicolas kisses Tristan's ___________ quickly as he is in line with the other ponies.
3. The Whipping Master calls out to Tristan to, "Snap those _________" as he is being punished.
4. Tristan immediately asks if Nicolas will ___________ outright, though Nicolas tells him to consider what he is saying.
5. What does Beauty notice is different as she is walking in the village, though Richard tells her to be quiet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
2. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
3. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
4. What does Tristan realize when Nicolas is sleeping after their conversation together?
5. What does Tristan have to do, according to Nicolas, before he can go to see Beauty?
6. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
7. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
8. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
9. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
10. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are not supposed to talk to each other when they have time together.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves aren't allowed to talk to each other when they are alone?
Part 2: How do you think a Master or Mistress might be able to enforce this no talking rule?
Part 3: What sorts of information can be passed from slave to slave when they talk to each other?
Essay Topic 2
The sexual encounters of the slaves are many, with the slave rarely being able to achieve release of orgasm.
Part 1: Why is sexual arousal used in addition to pain in the training of the slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses use sex as a punishment as much as a reward?
Part 3: Do you think the slaves would be as eager to please without the sexual encounters?
Essay Topic 3
Slaves are punished publicly for the bad deeds they have done, put into the center of town for display.
Part 1: Do you think public punishment is more or less effective than private punishment?
Part 2: Why do you think public punishment is used for slaves who misbehave?
Part 3: How do you think slaves change after they have been publicly punished for bad behaviors?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)