|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the belt that Mistress Lockley had in her hand when she was disciplining Beauty?
2. Tristan tells Beauty that he is more than ______________ in his new role as a slave with Nicolas.
3. While Tristan has already been with the Princess in the tent, he realizes his ____________ has redoubled upon going to his Master.
4. What was the drink the slaves were allowed to lap up when they were eating dinner with the others?
5. What did people carry their wine around in as they were walked about the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
2. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
3. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
4. What does Tristan admit to himself about the falling out he had with his previous Master, Lord Stefan?
5. How must Tristan and the other slaves he is with feed when they are in their stable together?
6. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
7. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
8. What is the rumor that Beauty shares with Tristan as they are talking, and Nicolas overhears this rumor?
9. What is the chore the slaves have to perform when they are in the orchard and what rules must they follow?
10. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The sexual encounters of the slaves are many, with the slave rarely being able to achieve release of orgasm.
Part 1: Why is sexual arousal used in addition to pain in the training of the slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses use sex as a punishment as much as a reward?
Part 3: Do you think the slaves would be as eager to please without the sexual encounters?
Essay Topic 2
In some cases, it seems the owners of the slaves begin to fall in love with their slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners are able to fall in love with their slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that these feelings of love are genuine or just based on how they want to feel about their relationship to the slave?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves should feel about being loved by their Masters or Mistresses?
Essay Topic 3
There are small favors the slaves can enjoy when they are with their Masters and Mistresses.
Part 1: Do you think these small rewards are helpful in the training of slaves?
Part 2: Why do you think the owners reward their slaves at all, especially since they don't have to?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves feel about having small rewards during their training?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)