|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the handsomest of princes from the castle who was taking a turn on the Public Turntable as Tristan was bathed?
2. Beauty thinks that Tristan's Master may let them see each other again as he seems to be __________.
3. Tristan is awakened and pulled from the bed by one the servants at _______________ of the day.
4. Beauty realizes that in the morning the Mistress will __________ her, just as she does with all of the slaves.
5. When does the strange ritual for the new batch of slaves take place, according to Nicolas as he explains this to Tristan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How must Tristan and the other slaves he is with feed when they are in their stable together?
2. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
3. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
4. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
5. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
6. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about in relation to their roles as pleasure slaves for their owners?
7. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
8. What does Tristan have to do, according to Nicolas, before he can go to see Beauty?
9. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
10. What does Tristan realize when Nicolas is sleeping after their conversation together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The sexual encounters of the slaves are many, with the slave rarely being able to achieve release of orgasm.
Part 1: Why is sexual arousal used in addition to pain in the training of the slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses use sex as a punishment as much as a reward?
Part 3: Do you think the slaves would be as eager to please without the sexual encounters?
Essay Topic 2
In some cases, it seems the owners of the slaves begin to fall in love with their slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners are able to fall in love with their slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that these feelings of love are genuine or just based on how they want to feel about their relationship to the slave?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves should feel about being loved by their Masters or Mistresses?
Essay Topic 3
The slaves are treated like animals during the course of their training, made to live in animal conditions.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves are treated like animals?
Part 2: How do you think the treatment as lesser beings changes the way a slave looks at their Masters or Mistresses?
Part 3: Do you think a slave who was treated more humanely would be as obedient?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)