|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan started to ___________, weary and desperate from the exertions and the starvation of his loins.
2. Tristan tells Beauty that he is more than ______________ in his new role as a slave with Nicolas.
3. Another slave tries to console Tristan's desires by telling him that the one chosen must __________ in the beginning.
4. Who was the slave that was missed more than any other at the court, even though the slave has to be disciplined often?
5. What was Tristan's Master doing when he entered the bedroom of his Master?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
2. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
3. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
4. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
5. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
6. How must Tristan and the other slaves he is with feed when they are in their stable together?
7. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
8. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about in relation to their roles as pleasure slaves for their owners?
9. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
10. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The sexual encounters of the slaves are many, with the slave rarely being able to achieve release of orgasm.
Part 1: Why is sexual arousal used in addition to pain in the training of the slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses use sex as a punishment as much as a reward?
Part 3: Do you think the slaves would be as eager to please without the sexual encounters?
Essay Topic 2
Tristan decides that he does not want to obey his Masters, preferring instead to rebel, though he is punished often as a result.
Part 1: Why do you think that Tristan decides to rebel in his training with various Masters?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for any slave to rebel in their training?
Part 3: How do you think Tristan is being seen in the eyes of his owners and trainers as a result of his disobedience?
Essay Topic 3
The slaves are simply objects which can be used and abused for any reason within the story.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners rent out their slaves or give them over to others?
Part 2: Do you think that the slave should be passed from person to person? How does this help/hinder their training?
Part 3: Why do you think that slaves aren't able to stay with just one person during their training?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)