|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan immediately asks if Nicolas will ___________ outright, though Nicolas tells him to consider what he is saying.
2. Tristan talks about being on the Public Turntable again, about being ___________ even though the fear hadn't left him.
3. What did people carry their wine around in as they were walked about the village?
4. What is between Beauty's legs as she is sleeping in her bound position?
5. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
2. What is the rumor that Beauty shares with Tristan as they are talking, and Nicolas overhears this rumor?
3. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
4. How must Tristan and the other slaves he is with feed when they are in their stable together?
5. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
6. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
7. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
8. What does Nicolas do as he passes Tristan in the courtyard, though none of the other slaves seems to notice?
9. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
10. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about in relation to their roles as pleasure slaves for their owners?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are not supposed to talk to each other when they have time together.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves aren't allowed to talk to each other when they are alone?
Part 2: How do you think a Master or Mistress might be able to enforce this no talking rule?
Part 3: What sorts of information can be passed from slave to slave when they talk to each other?
Essay Topic 2
Slaves are punished publicly for the bad deeds they have done, put into the center of town for display.
Part 1: Do you think public punishment is more or less effective than private punishment?
Part 2: Why do you think public punishment is used for slaves who misbehave?
Part 3: How do you think slaves change after they have been publicly punished for bad behaviors?
Essay Topic 3
The slaves are treated like animals during the course of their training, made to live in animal conditions.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves are treated like animals?
Part 2: How do you think the treatment as lesser beings changes the way a slave looks at their Masters or Mistresses?
Part 3: Do you think a slave who was treated more humanely would be as obedient?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)