|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tristan hasten to do when he was with his Master at the beginning of this section?
2. When does the strange ritual for the new batch of slaves take place, according to Nicolas as he explains this to Tristan?
3. What did the men squirt up into Beauty in order to clean her after the orgy which took place?
4. Jerard admits that he now feels the most proud when he is _____________ for his Mistress.
5. What does Nicolas offer Tristan to drink as they are talking in the bedroom together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
2. What is the chore the slaves have to perform when they are in the orchard and what rules must they follow?
3. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
4. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
5. What does the tightness of the harness do to Tristan as he is prepared for the daily activities?
6. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
7. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
8. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
9. What does Tristan admit to himself about the falling out he had with his previous Master, Lord Stefan?
10. What is the rumor that Beauty shares with Tristan as they are talking, and Nicolas overhears this rumor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The sexual encounters of the slaves are many, with the slave rarely being able to achieve release of orgasm.
Part 1: Why is sexual arousal used in addition to pain in the training of the slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses use sex as a punishment as much as a reward?
Part 3: Do you think the slaves would be as eager to please without the sexual encounters?
Essay Topic 2
In some cases, it seems the owners of the slaves begin to fall in love with their slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners are able to fall in love with their slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that these feelings of love are genuine or just based on how they want to feel about their relationship to the slave?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves should feel about being loved by their Masters or Mistresses?
Essay Topic 3
Sleeping Beauty is a slave from the moment this book starts to the end, which is a situation few could ever understand.
Part 1: Why do you think that Beauty seems to have come to peace with her role as a slave?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if someone were to take you on as a slave?
Part 3: Do you think that some people are born to be slaves?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)