|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to take Beauty to her new place of enslavement as the opening chapter ends?
2. Tristan notices that his new Master had long and lean ___________ which grab his attention first.
3. The slave hanging on the front of the inn hung like ripe _________ from a shingle, perking up when the Mistress arrived.
4. Beauty realized that it did not matter if she walked to the the platform and the turntable in ____________.
5. What is the first way in which Beauty thinks of her new Mistress as she is being led away from the auction block?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
2. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
3. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
4. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
5. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
6. What is Beauty shocked to see as she is brought to the inn and to her new home as a slave?
7. Who is Sleeping Beauty infatuated with when she first wakes up after being asleep?
8. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
9. What does the slave who is hanging up do when she realizes Mistress Lockley is coming?
10. What was Tristan grateful for as he was walked through the town to his new destination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The sexual encounters of the slaves are many, with the slave rarely being able to achieve release of orgasm.
Part 1: Why is sexual arousal used in addition to pain in the training of the slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses use sex as a punishment as much as a reward?
Part 3: Do you think the slaves would be as eager to please without the sexual encounters?
Essay Topic 2
Slaves are punished publicly for the bad deeds they have done, put into the center of town for display.
Part 1: Do you think public punishment is more or less effective than private punishment?
Part 2: Why do you think public punishment is used for slaves who misbehave?
Part 3: How do you think slaves change after they have been publicly punished for bad behaviors?
Essay Topic 3
Sleeping Beauty is a slave from the moment this book starts to the end, which is a situation few could ever understand.
Part 1: Why do you think that Beauty seems to have come to peace with her role as a slave?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if someone were to take you on as a slave?
Part 3: Do you think that some people are born to be slaves?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)