|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nicolas believes that Tristan would have gone for ____________ the price if he had gone later on in the auction.
2. What is the first way in which Beauty thinks of her new Mistress as she is being led away from the auction block?
3. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
4. The _________ came again paralyzing and silencing Beauty's open mouth as the lovemaking continued.
5. Who was the sometime Mistress of Beauty when she was in the Court as a slave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tristan supposed to enter the house of Nicolas when he is brought there?
2. What was Beauty told to do as she walked away from the Captain's room after their first encounter?
3. What is Tristan forced to do to Nicolas, which surprisingly arouses him as he does so?
4. What is the first punishment that Beauty is made to do with the other slaves in the middle of the village?
5. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
6. What happens to Beauty as a result of becoming a slave who is to be sold?
7. What was Tristan grateful for as he was walked through the town to his new destination?
8. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
9. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
10. Who is Sleeping Beauty infatuated with when she first wakes up after being asleep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are not supposed to talk to each other when they have time together.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves aren't allowed to talk to each other when they are alone?
Part 2: How do you think a Master or Mistress might be able to enforce this no talking rule?
Part 3: What sorts of information can be passed from slave to slave when they talk to each other?
Essay Topic 2
Beauty begins to realize she is reacting to pain with pleasure, something she didn't do before.
Part 1: Why might the pain begin to become pleasurable to a person?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses intend for the pain of the slave to become pleasurable?
Part 3: Do you think that the slaves are being trained to interpret pain as pleasure?
Essay Topic 3
Tristan decides that he does not want to obey his Masters, preferring instead to rebel, though he is punished often as a result.
Part 1: Why do you think that Tristan decides to rebel in his training with various Masters?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for any slave to rebel in their training?
Part 3: How do you think Tristan is being seen in the eyes of his owners and trainers as a result of his disobedience?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)