|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Prince allow Beauty to get back on the horse in Chapter 2?
2. Why is the Prince grief-stricken at the beginning of the book?
3. Who does Beauty see with Alexi when she sneaks out of the Prince's room?
4. What do the townspeople do when they see the Prince and Beauty riding through town in Chapter 2?
5. What color is the paddle that the prince who drops the wine pitcher in Chapter 4 is punished with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Queen respond to Beauty when she first meets her?
2. Describe how Beauty undresses the Prince in Chapter 11.
3. What does the Prince do when Beauty asks when she can leave his castle?
4. What does Alexi do when the Queen asks him to bring Beauty to her in her chamber?
5. What occurs after Beauty begins to feel calmer while being beaten during the Bridle Path?
6. How does Beauty react when she first sees the Prince's castle?
7. How does Lord Stephan react when he learns his slave Tristan was being sent to the village?
8. Describe Leon's grooming of Beauty for the first time.
9. What does Beauty do that causes her to be sent to the village?
10. What is the nature of the Prince and Lord Gregory's discussion regarding Beauty in Chapter 5?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of Lady Juliana in the book. In what way did her presence portray the use of pedophilia in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of dignity in the book. In what way did the slaves have their dignity stripped from them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's portrayal of the Training Hall in the book. What did this room represent to Beauty?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)