|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty longed to _____________, but could not do so because her hands were bound.
2. What did the Captain do as he called Beauty his slave at the end of their time together?
3. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
4. What was on the sign to designate the shop where silver and gold plating was done?
5. Beauty thinks it's amazing that the prince on the torture device is able to keep his _______________ during the pain.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the slaves have to do in order to get to the auction block in the center of town?
2. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
3. What happens to Beauty as a result of becoming a slave who is to be sold?
4. What does the Commander of the Patrol warn the slaves to do as they are being removed from the cart?
5. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
6. What is the trouble with Beauty's feelings for the Crown Prince when they are first making love?
7. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about as they are being carried to the auction?
8. How is Tristan supposed to enter the house of Nicolas when he is brought there?
9. Describe the conditions the slaves are in as they are being brought to the public auction in order to be sold.
10. How do the slaves at the Mistress' inn go about cleaning the floor and the inside of the inn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Slaves are punished publicly for the bad deeds they have done, put into the center of town for display.
Part 1: Do you think public punishment is more or less effective than private punishment?
Part 2: Why do you think public punishment is used for slaves who misbehave?
Part 3: How do you think slaves change after they have been publicly punished for bad behaviors?
Essay Topic 2
The people in the village sometimes are able to fondle the slaves if the slave's Mistress or Master allows them to.
Part 1: Why do you think the villagers seem to want a change to play with the slaves as well?
Part 2: Do you think that it's reasonable for the villagers to have their way with the slave too?
Part 3: How does this ability to be at the service of all affect the way the slave feels about themselves?
Essay Topic 3
There are small favors the slaves can enjoy when they are with their Masters and Mistresses.
Part 1: Do you think these small rewards are helpful in the training of slaves?
Part 2: Why do you think the owners reward their slaves at all, especially since they don't have to?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves feel about having small rewards during their training?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)