Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Prince allow Beauty to get back on the horse in Chapter 2?
2. Why is the Prince grief-stricken at the beginning of the book?
3. Who does Beauty see with Alexi when she sneaks out of the Prince's room?
4. What do the townspeople do when they see the Prince and Beauty riding through town in Chapter 2?
5. What color is the paddle that the prince who drops the wine pitcher in Chapter 4 is punished with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Queen respond to Beauty when she first meets her?
2. Describe how Beauty undresses the Prince in Chapter 11.
3. What does the Prince do when Beauty asks when she can leave his castle?
4. What does Alexi do when the Queen asks him to bring Beauty to her in her chamber?
5. What occurs after Beauty begins to feel calmer while being beaten during the Bridle Path?
6. How does Beauty react when she first sees the Prince's castle?
7. How does Lord Stephan react when he learns his slave Tristan was being sent to the village?
8. Describe Leon's grooming of Beauty for the first time.
9. What does Beauty do that causes her to be sent to the village?
10. What is the nature of the Prince and Lord Gregory's discussion regarding Beauty in Chapter 5?
Discuss the role of the castle in the book. What clues were given early on to hint that this site was not what it appeared?
Examine the role of bathing in the book. What might the author hope for this act to represent to the characters of the book?
Discuss the thought of pain and pleasure being one in the same in the book. What methods were used to create this thought in the slaves?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)