|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty realized that it did not matter if she walked to the the platform and the turntable in ____________.
2. Tristan and Beauty are sent away to a place of ___________ instead of being in the Court.
3. The handle of the dagger was gold and was encrusted with emeralds and _________ as Beauty saw it come toward her.
4. Who is Beauty introduced to when she is brought to the new room by Mistress Lockley?
5. The slave hanging on the front of the inn hung like ripe _________ from a shingle, perking up when the Mistress arrived.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first punishment that Beauty is made to do with the other slaves in the middle of the village?
2. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
3. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
4. What have Sleeping Beauty's parents consented for the Crown Prince to do with Beauty?
5. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
6. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
7. What was Beauty told to do as she walked away from the Captain's room after their first encounter?
8. What does the slave who is hanging up do when she realizes Mistress Lockley is coming?
9. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
10. What was Tristan grateful for as he was walked through the town to his new destination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are called Princes and Princesses, bought and sold into slavery when they are children.
Part 1: Why do you think Princesses and Princes are turned into slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the value of the slaves goes up if they are royalty? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the suffering and humiliation of a Prince or Princess compares to a slave who is not royalty?
Essay Topic 2
The slaves are treated like animals during the course of their training, made to live in animal conditions.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves are treated like animals?
Part 2: How do you think the treatment as lesser beings changes the way a slave looks at their Masters or Mistresses?
Part 3: Do you think a slave who was treated more humanely would be as obedient?
Essay Topic 3
Sleeping Beauty is a slave from the moment this book starts to the end, which is a situation few could ever understand.
Part 1: Why do you think that Beauty seems to have come to peace with her role as a slave?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if someone were to take you on as a slave?
Part 3: Do you think that some people are born to be slaves?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)