|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
2. What was on the sign to designate the shop where silver and gold plating was done?
3. The Hall of ____________ was a place that Beauty had to face in her last station as a slave for her Prince.
4. Beauty is bound up as she is given to her new owner, thinking that it was very clever that she would be led around as though she were a little _________.
5. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Captain decide to ravage the young Beauty after she pleasured herself in front of him?
2. What is the first punishment that Beauty is made to do with the other slaves in the middle of the village?
3. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
4. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
5. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
6. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
7. What does the Commander of the Patrol warn the slaves to do as they are being removed from the cart?
8. What have Sleeping Beauty's parents consented for the Crown Prince to do with Beauty?
9. What is the trouble with Beauty's feelings for the Crown Prince when they are first making love?
10. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In some cases, it seems the owners of the slaves begin to fall in love with their slaves.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners are able to fall in love with their slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that these feelings of love are genuine or just based on how they want to feel about their relationship to the slave?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves should feel about being loved by their Masters or Mistresses?
Essay Topic 2
Beauty begins to realize she is reacting to pain with pleasure, something she didn't do before.
Part 1: Why might the pain begin to become pleasurable to a person?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses intend for the pain of the slave to become pleasurable?
Part 3: Do you think that the slaves are being trained to interpret pain as pleasure?
Essay Topic 3
Sleeping Beauty is a slave from the moment this book starts to the end, which is a situation few could ever understand.
Part 1: Why do you think that Beauty seems to have come to peace with her role as a slave?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if someone were to take you on as a slave?
Part 3: Do you think that some people are born to be slaves?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)