|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the last slave to be loaded into the card, one who had caught the attention of the Commander of the Patrol?
2. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
3. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
4. The ___________ of the dagger entered Beauty as the Captain continued his torments with her.
5. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the slave who is hanging up do when she realizes Mistress Lockley is coming?
2. What happens to Beauty as a result of becoming a slave who is to be sold?
3. Who is Beauty eventually sold to and for what price during the bidding at the public auction?
4. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
5. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
6. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
7. What does the Commander of the Patrol warn the slaves to do as they are being removed from the cart?
8. How did the Captain decide to ravage the young Beauty after she pleasured herself in front of him?
9. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
10. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The slaves are treated like animals during the course of their training, made to live in animal conditions.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves are treated like animals?
Part 2: How do you think the treatment as lesser beings changes the way a slave looks at their Masters or Mistresses?
Part 3: Do you think a slave who was treated more humanely would be as obedient?
Essay Topic 2
There are small favors the slaves can enjoy when they are with their Masters and Mistresses.
Part 1: Do you think these small rewards are helpful in the training of slaves?
Part 2: Why do you think the owners reward their slaves at all, especially since they don't have to?
Part 3: How do you think the slaves feel about having small rewards during their training?
Essay Topic 3
Slaves are punished publicly for the bad deeds they have done, put into the center of town for display.
Part 1: Do you think public punishment is more or less effective than private punishment?
Part 2: Why do you think public punishment is used for slaves who misbehave?
Part 3: How do you think slaves change after they have been publicly punished for bad behaviors?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)