|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Chapter 1?
2. What does Beauty's groomer mold onto her privates?
3. How old is the Prince?
4. What is the name of Chapter 9?
5. What does the Prince command Alexi to get from a dresser after his beating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Beauty's appearance at the beginning of Chapter 13.
2. What does the Prince do to Beauty after she grasps the hook attached to his ceiling?
3. What does Alexi do with the Queen when he first enters her chamber in Chapter 14?
4. Describe how Beauty appears at the beginning of her Bridle Path.
5. Describe Beauty's interaction with Leon in regards to her slavery sentence.
6. How does Beauty react when she first sees the Prince's castle?
7. How does the Prince react when Beauty's mother asks that he not take her?
8. What does Alexi tell Beauty he first did when learning he would be a Tribute to the Queen?
9. What does the Prince do when Beauty asks when she can leave his castle?
10. How does the Queen respond to Beauty when she first meets her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of the Training Hall in the book. What did this room represent to Beauty?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's portrayal of the innkeeper's daughter in the book. What reasons does she have for including this character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Lady Juliana in the book. In what way did her presence portray the use of pedophilia in the book?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)