|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beauty do when she first enters the Prince's castle grounds?
2. In what way does Felix watch the Prince beat Prince Alexi that causes Beauty anger?
3. Where does Beauty go after the first supper in the castle is over?
4. In what way does the Prince make Beauty fetch his food in Chapter 2?
5. Where is Beauty led through when she first enters the Prince's castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Prince react when Beauty says she wishes he were older than 18?
2. Describe how the Prince makes Beauty undress and bathe him at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What does the Prince do when Beauty asks when she can leave his castle?
4. Describe the interaction between Beauty and the innkeeper's daughter when she enters the room in Chapter 3.
5. Describe how Beauty appears at the beginning of her Bridle Path.
6. What is the nature of Beauty and Lady Juliana's discussion of the Bridle Path?
7. What does Alexi do during the circus he must perform in for the Queen?
8. How does Lord Stephan react when he learns his slave Tristan was being sent to the village?
9. Describe Beauty's interaction with Leon in regards to her slavery sentence.
10. How does the Prince make Beauty eat her dinner in Chapter 2?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of the Training Hall in the book. What did this room represent to Beauty?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of sensuality in the book. What did sensuality represent at the castle and how was it achieved?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the Queen in the book. What about her description suggested her power over the others at the castle?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)