Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Prince allow Beauty to get back on the horse in Chapter 2?
2. Why is the Prince grief-stricken at the beginning of the book?
3. Who does Beauty see with Alexi when she sneaks out of the Prince's room?
4. What do the townspeople do when they see the Prince and Beauty riding through town in Chapter 2?
5. What color is the paddle that the prince who drops the wine pitcher in Chapter 4 is punished with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Queen respond to Beauty when she first meets her?
2. Describe how Beauty undresses the Prince in Chapter 11.
3. What does the Prince do when Beauty asks when she can leave his castle?
4. What does Alexi do when the Queen asks him to bring Beauty to her in her chamber?
5. What occurs after Beauty begins to feel calmer while being beaten during the Bridle Path?
6. How does Beauty react when she first sees the Prince's castle?
7. How does Lord Stephan react when he learns his slave Tristan was being sent to the village?
8. Describe Leon's grooming of Beauty for the first time.
9. What does Beauty do that causes her to be sent to the village?
10. What is the nature of the Prince and Lord Gregory's discussion regarding Beauty in Chapter 5?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the kitchen in the book. What about Alexi's time there explains the true motivations of the castle's occupants?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of bathing in the book. What might the author hope for this act to represent to the characters of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Beauty's chamber in the book. In what way might her and the Prince's time spent there be considered a type of symbolic union between them?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)