|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Beauty disobey her orders for as she watched him be one of the disgraced of the castle?
2. Beauty is bound up as she is given to her new owner, thinking that it was very clever that she would be led around as though she were a little _________.
3. Where is the auction block in the new village where the slaves are being taken?
4. Even as he was on the auction block, Tristan thought about Beauty's __________ and questions in his mind.
5. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Captain decide to ravage the young Beauty after she pleasured herself in front of him?
2. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
3. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
4. What happens to Beauty as a result of becoming a slave who is to be sold?
5. Who is Sleeping Beauty infatuated with when she first wakes up after being asleep?
6. What is Beauty shocked to see as she is brought to the inn and to her new home as a slave?
7. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
8. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
9. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
10. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about as they are being carried to the auction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some of the slaves receive more perks than other slaves might during their ownership and training.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair for some of the slaves to get more rewards than other slaves do?
Part 2: How do you think the relationships between the slaves change when they see others getting more rewards?
Part 3: Why do you think owners and other trainers decide to treat some slaves better than others?
Essay Topic 2
The slaves are simply objects which can be used and abused for any reason within the story.
Part 1: Why do you think the slave owners rent out their slaves or give them over to others?
Part 2: Do you think that the slave should be passed from person to person? How does this help/hinder their training?
Part 3: Why do you think that slaves aren't able to stay with just one person during their training?
Essay Topic 3
The humiliation the slaves suffer during their lives is palpable in the story, with slaves feeling lower and lower as they are mistreated.
Part 1: Do you think that the slaves need to be humiliated in order to become obedient?
Part 2: Why is being humiliated such a painful experience for a slave?
Part 3: How do you think you would change if you were humiliated day after day?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)