|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the last slave to be loaded into the card, one who had caught the attention of the Commander of the Patrol?
2. In some realm, as Beauty and Tristan were making love, she felt that she was not ___________.
3. What did Beauty believe the Captain must certainly be vain of, in terms of his good looks?
4. Tristan ended up being sold to Nicolas, the Queen's ______________, when he was at the auction.
5. The Hall of ____________ was a place that Beauty had to face in her last station as a slave for her Prince.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first punishment that Beauty is made to do with the other slaves in the middle of the village?
2. Describe the conditions the slaves are in as they are being brought to the public auction in order to be sold.
3. What was Beauty told to do as she walked away from the Captain's room after their first encounter?
4. Who is Sleeping Beauty infatuated with when she first wakes up after being asleep?
5. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
6. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about as they are being carried to the auction?
7. What is the agreement between the slaves and their owners, which Beauty finds out in the beginning?
8. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
9. What is the trouble with Beauty's feelings for the Crown Prince when they are first making love?
10. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The sexual encounters of the slaves are many, with the slave rarely being able to achieve release of orgasm.
Part 1: Why is sexual arousal used in addition to pain in the training of the slaves?
Part 2: Do you think that the Masters and Mistresses use sex as a punishment as much as a reward?
Part 3: Do you think the slaves would be as eager to please without the sexual encounters?
Essay Topic 2
The objectification of the slaves in this book is difficult for some to read and to understand completely, as this is certainly not 'normal' by modern society's standards.
Part 1: Why do you think that the slaves are objectified during the course of their training and auctioning?
Part 2: What might happen if the slaves were allowed to feel like humans during their time as slaves?
Part 3: How does a person change when they are only judged by what they look like?
Essay Topic 3
Tristan decides that he does not want to obey his Masters, preferring instead to rebel, though he is punished often as a result.
Part 1: Why do you think that Tristan decides to rebel in his training with various Masters?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for any slave to rebel in their training?
Part 3: How do you think Tristan is being seen in the eyes of his owners and trainers as a result of his disobedience?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)