|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
2. The Commander doesn't do anything about the way that Beauty and Tristan are behaving because ___________________.
3. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
4. Where is Beauty going to be taken during her journey away from the Court?
5. Tristan asks Beauty why she decided to ___________ deliberately as they are sitting near each other.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about as they are being carried to the auction?
2. Who is Sleeping Beauty infatuated with when she first wakes up after being asleep?
3. What was Beauty told to do as she walked away from the Captain's room after their first encounter?
4. Why was Tristan told that he had to wear the large phallus when he was first starting his slave training?
5. What does the slave who is hanging up do when she realizes Mistress Lockley is coming?
6. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
7. What does the Commander of the Patrol warn the slaves to do as they are being removed from the cart?
8. How is Tristan supposed to enter the house of Nicolas when he is brought there?
9. What have Sleeping Beauty's parents consented for the Crown Prince to do with Beauty?
10. What is Beauty shocked to see as she is brought to the inn and to her new home as a slave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tristan decides that he does not want to obey his Masters, preferring instead to rebel, though he is punished often as a result.
Part 1: Why do you think that Tristan decides to rebel in his training with various Masters?
Part 2: Do you think it's a good idea for any slave to rebel in their training?
Part 3: How do you think Tristan is being seen in the eyes of his owners and trainers as a result of his disobedience?
Essay Topic 2
Slaves are punished publicly for the bad deeds they have done, put into the center of town for display.
Part 1: Do you think public punishment is more or less effective than private punishment?
Part 2: Why do you think public punishment is used for slaves who misbehave?
Part 3: How do you think slaves change after they have been publicly punished for bad behaviors?
Essay Topic 3
The slaves are not supposed to talk to each other when they have time together.
Part 1: Why do you think the slaves aren't allowed to talk to each other when they are alone?
Part 2: How do you think a Master or Mistress might be able to enforce this no talking rule?
Part 3: What sorts of information can be passed from slave to slave when they talk to each other?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)