|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lord Gregory take Beauty after they leave the Slaves' Hall?
2. What does the Prince command the person he brings into the room in the second inn to do?
3. About what does the innkeeper's daughter tell Beauty that the rich women in the town are envious?
4. How does the Prince appear after Lord Gregory leaves his room in Chapter 5?
5. Who is chosen to train Beauty in her duties to the Prince?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between the Prince and Beauty's father.
2. What occurs after Beauty begins to feel calmer while being beaten during the Bridle Path?
3. How does Beauty react when she first sees the Prince's castle?
4. How does Alexi respond when Beauty says she would do anything if he loved her?
5. How does the Prince react when Beauty says she wishes he were older than 18?
6. What does the Queen do after beating Beauty in her chamber?
7. Describe how the Prince makes Beauty undress and bathe him at the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. Describe Beauty's appearance at the beginning of Chapter 13.
9. How does the Prince make Beauty eat her dinner in Chapter 2?
10. What do Alexi and Beauty do after he frees her from her chains?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the village in the book. What did being sent there represent to the slaves at the castle?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of dignity in the book. In what way did the slaves have their dignity stripped from them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the kitchen in the book. What about Alexi's time there explains the true motivations of the castle's occupants?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)