|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prince Alexi do to Beauty at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What happens to many slaves during Beauty's first supper in the Prince's castle?
3. What does the Prince command Alexi to get from a dresser after his beating?
4. What is the name of Chapter 4?
5. How many years penance does Beauty's groomer say most love slaves normally have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Prince order the innkeeper's daughter to do to Beauty in Chapter 2?
2. How does the Prince react when Beauty's mother asks that he not take her?
3. What does Beauty witness between Felix and Alexi at the end of Chapter 7?
4. What does the Prince make the innkeeper's daughter do to Beauty after she dresses her wounds?
5. What does Alexi have to do after dropping a wine pitcher according to the story he tells Beauty in Chapter 18?
6. What does Beauty spend her first supper at the castle doing?
7. What does the Prince do with Beauty after Alexi is taken from the room after his beating?
8. What is the nature of Lady Juliana's speech regarding Beauty in Chapter 12?
9. How does Alexi tell Beauty he acted when he first arrived at the castle?
10. What does the Prince do when he enters the palace of Sleeping Beauty?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the thought of pain and pleasure being one in the same in the book. What methods were used to create this thought in the slaves?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of the village in the book. What did being sent there represent to the slaves at the castle?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Prince in the book. What were his motivations and what was the true nature of his feelings for Beauty?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)