|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mistress Lockley say that the soldiers liked on Beauty when they had their way with her?
2. Who is the runaway that Beauty tells Tristan about, though she seems to want to be captured in the same way?
3. Richard tied the Mistress' ____________ as Beauty finally woke up after their sexual encounter.
(b) Apron strings.
4. Tristan believes it ___________ Nicolas to see Tristan and Beauty to be happily together.
5. Who is the man with the green eyes who took Tristan from his homeland, the man Tristan recognizes instantly?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a moment of pure madness, Tristan realizes he wants the Captain to take him to the place of ________________.
2. Tristan immediately asks if Nicolas will ___________ outright, though Nicolas tells him to consider what he is saying.
3. Who rode in the coach beside a tall man, and his/her appearance was a surprise to Tristan?
4. Who does Tristan see hanging of the wall when he enters the inn with Nicolas during this section of the book?
5. The Whipping Master calls out to Tristan to, "Snap those _________" as he is being punished.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
2. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
3. What does Tristan have to do, according to Nicolas, before he can go to see Beauty?
4. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
5. What is Beauty surprised to find when she wakes up in the Captain's room in the morning?
6. What does Tristan admit to himself about the falling out he had with his previous Master, Lord Stefan?
7. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
8. What does Nicolas do as he passes Tristan in the courtyard, though none of the other slaves seems to notice?
9. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
10. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)