|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicolas asks Tristan if Tristan hates him for having him __________ at the public turntable.
2. Who does Tristan see hanging of the wall when he enters the inn with Nicolas during this section of the book?
(a) The Mistress.
3. Tristan says that one has to __________ his Master or Mistress, but he did not feel this way about Stefan.
4. Once Beauty is done with cleaning up the room where she and the Captain are, she will be cleaned and serve in the __________.
(d) Slave chambers.
5. Why couldn't the Princess see Tristan when he was brought into the room?
(a) She did.
(c) She wasn't looking up.
(d) She was turned the other way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan immediately asks if Nicolas will ___________ outright, though Nicolas tells him to consider what he is saying.
2. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
3. Another slave tries to console Tristan's desires by telling him that the one chosen must __________ in the beginning.
4. How many years had Jerard already been a slave in the village, according to his own admission?
5. What is Tristan to be whipped for when he is taken for shipping, according to Nicolas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
2. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
3. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
4. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
5. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about in relation to their roles as pleasure slaves for their owners?
6. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
7. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
8. What does Nicolas do as he passes Tristan in the courtyard, though none of the other slaves seems to notice?
9. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
10. What does Tristan admit to himself about the falling out he had with his previous Master, Lord Stefan?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)