|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tristan says that one has to __________ his Master or Mistress, but he did not feel this way about Stefan.
2. All Beauty could think of was Tristan telling her it would take a lot of _________ to be bad all the time.
3. Once Beauty is done with cleaning up the room where she and the Captain are, she will be cleaned and serve in the __________.
(a) Slave chambers.
4. Beauty was excited for the possible chance to see _________ that evening and the hours dragged on as a result.
(b) The Captain.
(c) The Mistress.
5. Tristan talks about being on the Public Turntable again, about being ___________ even though the fear hadn't left him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tristan to be whipped for when he is taken for shipping, according to Nicolas?
2. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
3. Tristan immediately asks if Nicolas will ___________ outright, though Nicolas tells him to consider what he is saying.
4. What did people carry their wine around in as they were walked about the village?
5. The Captain realized that ___________ had been Tristan's lover when he was at the castle.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the tightness of the harness do to Tristan as he is prepared for the daily activities?
2. What does Tristan realize when Nicolas is sleeping after their conversation together?
3. What does Tristan have to do as Nicolas is having dinner for a number of hours?
4. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
5. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
6. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
7. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
8. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
9. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
10. What is the rumor that Beauty shares with Tristan as they are talking, and Nicolas overhears this rumor?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)