|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tristan see hanging of the wall when he enters the inn with Nicolas during this section of the book?
(a) The Mistress.
2. Beauty was excited for the possible chance to see _________ that evening and the hours dragged on as a result.
(c) The Captain.
(d) The Mistress.
3. Another slave tries to console Tristan's desires by telling him that the one chosen must __________ in the beginning.
4. Who did Beauty dream of as she slipped into a sleep later on in the evening?
5. What was the food that was waiting for the slaves in the trough when they arrived back at the stables?
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
2. Tristan started to ___________, weary and desperate from the exertions and the starvation of his loins.
3. Jerard admits that he now feels the most proud when he is _____________ for his Mistress.
4. The Captain describes ____________ as one of the wildest slaves he's known, broke and ran through the forest when the slave was ordered to strip.
5. What did the men squirt up into Beauty in order to clean her after the orgy which took place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
2. What is the chore the slaves have to perform when they are in the orchard and what rules must they follow?
3. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
4. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
5. What is Beauty surprised to find when she wakes up in the Captain's room in the morning?
6. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
7. What does the tightness of the harness do to Tristan as he is prepared for the daily activities?
8. What does Nicolas do as he passes Tristan in the courtyard, though none of the other slaves seems to notice?
9. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
10. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)