|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the slave that was missed more than any other at the court, even though the slave has to be disciplined often?
2. Tristan is awakened and pulled from the bed by one the servants at _______________ of the day.
(a) Early morning.
(d) Mid morning.
3. What is Nicolas going to allow Tristan to do in order to make him happy?
(a) Run away.
(b) Go to the court.
(c) Return home.
(d) See Beauty.
4. Prince Richard allowed Beauty to _________ a little slowly, though he eventually told her to perk up lest they be whipped.
5. Who does Tristan see hanging of the wall when he enters the inn with Nicolas during this section of the book?
(a) The Mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the runaway that Beauty tells Tristan about, though she seems to want to be captured in the same way?
2. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
3. What is Tristan to be whipped for when he is taken for shipping, according to Nicolas?
4. Tristan immediately asks if Nicolas will ___________ outright, though Nicolas tells him to consider what he is saying.
5. Nicolas tells Tristan, "I have never loved any _________ as I love you," when they are finally alone together.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
2. What does Nicolas do as he passes Tristan in the courtyard, though none of the other slaves seems to notice?
3. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
4. What does Tristan have to do, according to Nicolas, before he can go to see Beauty?
5. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
6. What does the tightness of the harness do to Tristan as he is prepared for the daily activities?
7. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
8. What is the rumor that Beauty shares with Tristan as they are talking, and Nicolas overhears this rumor?
9. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
10. What is Beauty surprised to find when she wakes up in the Captain's room in the morning?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)