|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Whipping Master calls out to Tristan to, "Snap those _________" as he is being punished.
2. What was the drink the slaves were allowed to lap up when they were eating dinner with the others?
3. Tristan says that one has to __________ his Master or Mistress, but he did not feel this way about Stefan.
4. Tristan started to ___________, weary and desperate from the exertions and the starvation of his loins.
5. What did people carry their wine around in as they were walked about the village?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tristan hasten to do when he was with his Master at the beginning of this section?
2. Richard tied the Mistress' ____________ as Beauty finally woke up after their sexual encounter.
3. Who was the one who tended to the fire when Master Nicolas and Tristan were in the forest?
4. Beauty thinks that Tristan's Master may let them see each other again as he seems to be __________.
5. What does Nicolas bring to the bed where he and Tristan will be lying down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
2. What does Tristan have to do as Nicolas is having dinner for a number of hours?
3. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
4. What does Tristan realize when Nicolas is sleeping after their conversation together?
5. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
6. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
7. What is the chore the slaves have to perform when they are in the orchard and what rules must they follow?
8. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
9. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
10. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)