|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicolas bring to the bed where he and Tristan will be lying down?
(c) A knife.
2. Tristan talks about being on the Public Turntable again, about being ___________ even though the fear hadn't left him.
3. In a moment of pure madness, Tristan realizes he wants the Captain to take him to the place of ________________.
(a) The stables.
(b) The Court.
(c) Public Punishment.
(d) Beauty's room.
4. Beauty was excited for the possible chance to see _________ that evening and the hours dragged on as a result.
(a) The Mistress.
(b) The Captain.
5. The Captain describes ____________ as one of the wildest slaves he's known, broke and ran through the forest when the slave was ordered to strip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the runaway that Beauty tells Tristan about, though she seems to want to be captured in the same way?
2. What did Tristan hasten to do when he was with his Master at the beginning of this section?
3. Richard wants to take what off of the Mistress when he is taken with Beauty up to her bedroom?
4. Why couldn't the Princess see Tristan when he was brought into the room?
5. What was Tristan's Master doing when he entered the bedroom of his Master?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
2. What does Nicolas do as he passes Tristan in the courtyard, though none of the other slaves seems to notice?
3. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
4. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
5. What does Tristan have to do as Nicolas is having dinner for a number of hours?
6. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
7. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
8. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
9. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
10. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)