|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicolas answer when Tristan asks him if a slave is ever granted a request?
(a) Only one time.
(b) All the time.
(d) Almost never.
2. What does Beauty notice is different as she is walking in the village, though Richard tells her to be quiet?
3. Who does Mistress Lockley kiss which makes Beauty feel jealous of this other slave's position?
4. In the early evening, ___________ was a pony again, feeling safe in the harnesses and the position.
5. The Whipping Master calls out to Tristan to, "Snap those _________" as he is being punished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty was excited for the possible chance to see _________ that evening and the hours dragged on as a result.
2. All Beauty could think of was Tristan telling her it would take a lot of _________ to be bad all the time.
3. Nicolas tells Tristan, "I have never loved any _________ as I love you," when they are finally alone together.
4. Tristan talks about being on the Public Turntable again, about being ___________ even though the fear hadn't left him.
5. When does the strange ritual for the new batch of slaves take place, according to Nicolas as he explains this to Tristan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
2. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
3. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
4. What is the chore the slaves have to perform when they are in the orchard and what rules must they follow?
5. What does Tristan realize when Nicolas is sleeping after their conversation together?
6. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
7. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
8. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
9. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
10. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about in relation to their roles as pleasure slaves for their owners?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)