|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tristan see hanging of the wall when he enters the inn with Nicolas during this section of the book?
(a) The Mistress.
2. What color was the belt that Mistress Lockley had in her hand when she was disciplining Beauty?
3. A slave brings out a large bowl and sets it on the ground for the slaves to lap out of. What is in the bowl?
4. Tristan felt the first real panic when the ______ was fitted over his head and over his shoulders.
5. Nicolas tells Tristan that ___________ is up to become a slave for the next year, in accordance with the ritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tristan do as he is taking the Princess as his Mistress commands him to do?
2. Jerard admits that he now feels the most proud when he is _____________ for his Mistress.
3. Tristan realizes that being Stefan's lover made his slave role _________ and so Tristan could not submit to him.
4. Prince Richard allowed Beauty to _________ a little slowly, though he eventually told her to perk up lest they be whipped.
5. Who was the slave that was missed more than any other at the court, even though the slave has to be disciplined often?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
2. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
3. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
4. What does Tristan have to do, according to Nicolas, before he can go to see Beauty?
5. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
6. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
7. What is the rumor that Beauty shares with Tristan as they are talking, and Nicolas overhears this rumor?
8. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
9. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
10. How must Tristan and the other slaves he is with feed when they are in their stable together?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)