|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Captain points it that it wasn't the severity of the beatings which made Tristan connected to the Captain, but the daily __________.
2. Who rode in the coach beside a tall man, and his/her appearance was a surprise to Tristan?
(a) Mistress Julia.
(b) The Captain.
(c) Lord Stefan.
(d) Lord Richard.
3. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
4. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
5. What is Nicolas going to allow Tristan to do in order to make him happy?
(a) Run away.
(b) See Beauty.
(c) Go to the court.
(d) Return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't the Princess see Tristan when he was brought into the room?
2. In a moment of pure madness, Tristan realizes he wants the Captain to take him to the place of ________________.
3. In the early evening, ___________ was a pony again, feeling safe in the harnesses and the position.
4. Tristan talks about being on the Public Turntable again, about being ___________ even though the fear hadn't left him.
5. What does Tristan do as he is taking the Princess as his Mistress commands him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about in relation to their roles as pleasure slaves for their owners?
2. How must Tristan and the other slaves he is with feed when they are in their stable together?
3. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
4. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
5. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
6. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
7. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
8. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
9. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
10. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)