|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beauty go when she realizes that the Mistress is upset with her and will probably punish her?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The field.
(d) The corner.
2. Who is the man with the green eyes who took Tristan from his homeland, the man Tristan recognizes instantly?
3. What was Tristan's Master doing when he entered the bedroom of his Master?
(d) Changing clothing.
4. What does Mistress Lockley say that the soldiers liked on Beauty when they had their way with her?
5. What did Tristan hasten to do when he was with his Master at the beginning of this section?
(a) Kiss his hand.
(b) Tie his boots.
(c) Bathe him.
(d) Clean his fingers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
2. Beauty is described by the Captain as a naked, ravenous ___________ that foments the passion in him dangerously.
3. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
4. Nicolas tells Tristan that ___________ is up to become a slave for the next year, in accordance with the ritual.
5. Who is the runaway that Beauty tells Tristan about, though she seems to want to be captured in the same way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
2. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
3. What does the tightness of the harness do to Tristan as he is prepared for the daily activities?
4. What does Nicolas do as he passes Tristan in the courtyard, though none of the other slaves seems to notice?
5. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
6. What does Tristan have to do, according to Nicolas, before he can go to see Beauty?
7. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
8. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
9. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
10. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)