|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty feels badly for the runaway slave as the slave now has no loving ______________ to guide him.
2. Who was the one who tended to the fire when Master Nicolas and Tristan were in the forest?
(c) Both men.
3. Tristan is awakened and pulled from the bed by one the servants at _______________ of the day.
(a) Mid morning.
(b) Early morning.
4. Tristan tells Beauty he has found his Master who brings him into ___________ with all punishments.
5. When Tristan is on display in the house, he is ordered to be ___________ properly, by the Mistress.
(a) Gazing downward.
(c) Turned out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rode in the coach beside a tall man, and his/her appearance was a surprise to Tristan?
2. While Tristan has already been with the Princess in the tent, he realizes his ____________ has redoubled upon going to his Master.
3. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
4. All Beauty could think of was Tristan telling her it would take a lot of _________ to be bad all the time.
5. Beauty thinks that Tristan's Master may let them see each other again as he seems to be __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Tristan as he is instructed to wash each of the slave's genitals with his tongue?
2. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
3. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
4. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
5. Why can't the slaves and other people get into the buildings of the village as the chaos breaks out?
6. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
7. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
8. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
9. What is the rumor that Beauty shares with Tristan as they are talking, and Nicolas overhears this rumor?
10. How does Nicolas surprise Tristan when he returns to the bedchamber?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)