|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty says that Tristan has given his ____________ to his Master and it is something she hasn't done yet.
2. The Whipping Master calls out to Tristan to, "Snap those _________" as he is being punished.
3. What does Mistress Lockley say that the soldiers liked on Beauty when they had their way with her?
4. The Captain realized that ___________ had been Tristan's lover when he was at the castle.
(c) The Queen.
5. Tristan believes it ___________ Nicolas to see Tristan and Beauty to be happily together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
2. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
3. What was the food that was waiting for the slaves in the trough when they arrived back at the stables?
4. What is Tristan to be whipped for when he is taken for shipping, according to Nicolas?
5. What did Tristan hasten to do when he was with his Master at the beginning of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
2. What does Tristan admit to himself about the falling out he had with his previous Master, Lord Stefan?
3. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
4. How does Mistress Lockley handle Tristan when he is brought to the inn by Nicolas?
5. What does Tristan have to do as Nicolas is having dinner for a number of hours?
6. How must Tristan and the other slaves he is with feed when they are in their stable together?
7. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
8. What does Nicolas do as he passes Tristan in the courtyard, though none of the other slaves seems to notice?
9. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
10. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)