|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tristan sees a lovely village woman with a pretty ___________ skirt and white ruffled blouse paddling Beauty.
2. The Captain describes ____________ as one of the wildest slaves he's known, broke and ran through the forest when the slave was ordered to strip.
3. The Whipping Master calls out to Tristan to, "Snap those _________" as he is being punished.
4. Richard wants to take what off of the Mistress when he is taken with Beauty up to her bedroom?
(a) Mistress' boots.
(b) His clothing.
(c) Mistress' shirt.
(d) Beauty's clothing.
5. Tristan believes it ___________ Nicolas to see Tristan and Beauty to be happily together.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early evening, ___________ was a pony again, feeling safe in the harnesses and the position.
2. Tristan talks about being on the Public Turntable again, about being ___________ even though the fear hadn't left him.
3. Nicolas kisses Tristan's ___________ quickly as he is in line with the other ponies.
4. What does Nicolas bring to the bed where he and Tristan will be lying down?
5. How many years had Jerard already been a slave in the village, according to his own admission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tristan ask Nicolas about, in relation to the way slaves should act in their new lives?
2. What is the secret that Nicolas reveals to Tristan as they are sitting on a hillside during their trip in the countryside?
3. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
4. What does Tristan have to do, according to Nicolas, before he can go to see Beauty?
5. Why was Jerard now a slave alongside Tristan, as he explains to him when they are able to communicate?
6. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
7. What does Tristan get to do as he is serving Nicolas in the manner described in number #43?
8. Why is Mistress Lockley displeased with Beauty and how does she handle this disobedience?
9. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
10. What does Tristan realize when Nicolas is sleeping after their conversation together?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)