|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tristan immediately asks if Nicolas will ___________ outright, though Nicolas tells him to consider what he is saying.
(a) Commit to him.
(b) Leave with him.
(c) Buy him.
(d) Free him.
2. Beauty feels badly for the runaway slave as the slave now has no loving ______________ to guide him.
3. Tristan believes it ___________ Nicolas to see Tristan and Beauty to be happily together.
4. Who rode in the coach beside a tall man, and his/her appearance was a surprise to Tristan?
(a) The Captain.
(b) Mistress Julia.
(c) Lord Stefan.
(d) Lord Richard.
5. What did people carry their wine around in as they were walked about the village?
Short Answer Questions
1. Beauty thought it was positively odd not to be _____________ when she was being bathed and punished.
2. The Captain describes ____________ as one of the wildest slaves he's known, broke and ran through the forest when the slave was ordered to strip.
3. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
4. Who was the handsomest of princes from the castle who was taking a turn on the Public Turntable as Tristan was bathed?
5. What does Tristan do as he is taking the Princess as his Mistress commands him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must the slaves wear in their mouths in order to help control them further during their placement as slaves?
2. What does Beauty do when she first sees Nicolas as she is led into his bedchamber by Prince Richard?
3. Why is Beauty jealous when the Mistress is amusing herself with all of the slaves in the grass?
4. What does Tristan realize when Nicolas is sleeping after their conversation together?
5. What are some signs that others in the village seem to think fondly of Tristan and of his role as a slave?
6. What is the rumor that Beauty shares with Tristan as they are talking, and Nicolas overhears this rumor?
7. What does Tristan have to do, according to Nicolas, before he can go to see Beauty?
8. What does the Mistress Lockley want Tristan to do and she pays ten pence so that it can happen?
9. What does Nicolas do as he passes Tristan in the courtyard, though none of the other slaves seems to notice?
10. Who does the Mistress take into bed with her after the work is done for the day?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)