|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
2. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
3. What did the Captain use in order to inspect the endowments of Beauty as she was laid down?
(a) Gloved hands.
(b) His sword.
(c) A knife handle.
(d) A knife.
4. What does Beauty bring upon herself as she watched another slave be punished for his actions?
(a) The very same punishment.
(b) The highest favor.
(c) A moment of worry.
5. The Captain says to Beauty, "You will ________ yourself to me," when he finally speaks after looking at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The slave hanging on the front of the inn hung like ripe _________ from a shingle, perking up when the Mistress arrived.
2. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
3. Which slave was the undisputed favorite of the Prince, according to the opening of the book?
4. The _________ came again paralyzing and silencing Beauty's open mouth as the lovemaking continued.
5. All year, the villagers would ___________ just to have the chance to purchase a slave during the auction.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Beauty as a result of becoming a slave who is to be sold?
2. Describe the conditions the slaves are in as they are being brought to the public auction in order to be sold.
3. What do the slaves have to do in order to get to the auction block in the center of town?
4. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
5. What have Sleeping Beauty's parents consented for the Crown Prince to do with Beauty?
6. What is the trouble with Beauty's feelings for the Crown Prince when they are first making love?
7. What is the first punishment that Beauty is made to do with the other slaves in the middle of the village?
8. What is Tristan forced to do to Nicolas, which surprisingly arouses him as he does so?
9. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about as they are being carried to the auction?
10. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)