|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the auction block in the new village where the slaves are being taken?
(a) Jail cell.
(c) Village marketplace.
(d) Queen's room.
2. The Captain instructs Beauty to always kiss his ___________ when he is at the inn and she is in the room with him.
3. The Mistress lets Tristan know that it will be rare for them to leave the ___________ unplugged.
4. How long had Sleeping Beauty been sleeping when she was awakened from her slumber?
5. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does someone shout as Beauty is being described and tormented on the block? "Sell her into the ________!"
2. What is the first thing Tristan sees as he moves into a new room with oil lamps and is told to remain still?
3. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
4. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
5. Tristan tells Beauty that he disobeyed his Master because about a year ago, in another land, Lord Stefan and he were ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
2. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
3. What does the slave who is hanging up do when she realizes Mistress Lockley is coming?
4. How do the slaves at the Mistress' inn go about cleaning the floor and the inside of the inn?
5. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
6. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
7. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
8. What is the agreement between the slaves and their owners, which Beauty finds out in the beginning?
9. What is Tristan forced to do to Nicolas, which surprisingly arouses him as he does so?
10. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)