|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
2. What color are the eyes of the Captain, as Beauty finds out when she looks up into his face?
3. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
(a) It was his mother.
(b) She was writing.
(c) She was old.
(d) It was Beauty.
4. What does Beauty bring upon herself as she watched another slave be punished for his actions?
(a) A moment of worry.
(b) The highest favor.
(d) The very same punishment.
5. What did the Captain use in order to inspect the endowments of Beauty as she was laid down?
(a) A knife handle.
(b) A knife.
(c) Gloved hands.
(d) His sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the sometime Mistress of Beauty when she was in the Court as a slave?
2. The Mistress lets Tristan know that it will be rare for them to leave the ___________ unplugged.
3. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
4. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
5. How long had Sleeping Beauty been sleeping when she was awakened from her slumber?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the agreement between the slaves and their owners, which Beauty finds out in the beginning?
2. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about as they are being carried to the auction?
3. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
4. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
5. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
6. Describe the conditions the slaves are in as they are being brought to the public auction in order to be sold.
7. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
8. What was Tristan grateful for as he was walked through the town to his new destination?
9. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
10. Who is Sleeping Beauty infatuated with when she first wakes up after being asleep?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)