|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tristan sees as many as 8 or 10 slaves attached and harnessed to larger _____________.
2. When Nicolas is telling Tristan how to match, he tells him, "Pick up your __________ and hold your head high and back."
3. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
(a) Morning star.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
4. Who was the sometime Mistress of Beauty when she was in the Court as a slave?
5. Tristan notices that his new Master had long and lean ___________ which grab his attention first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the bodice of the Mistress Lockley as she was taking Beauty back to the inn?
2. What was the ordeal that Beauty had to face in her previous station as a slave in the Court?
3. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
4. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
5. Where is Beauty going to be taken during her journey away from the Court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Commander of the Patrol warn the slaves to do as they are being removed from the cart?
2. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
3. Who is Beauty eventually sold to and for what price during the bidding at the public auction?
4. How do the slaves at the Mistress' inn go about cleaning the floor and the inside of the inn?
5. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
6. What is the trouble with Beauty's feelings for the Crown Prince when they are first making love?
7. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
8. How is Tristan supposed to enter the house of Nicolas when he is brought there?
9. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
10. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)