|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beauty bring upon herself as she watched another slave be punished for his actions?
(a) A moment of worry.
(b) The highest favor.
(c) The very same punishment.
2. Beauty began to experience a mounting passion to _____________ her Mistress and her Master.
3. Tristan is told to hold tight to the ____________ above him as the men are given Nicolas' permission to play with the slave.
(b) Iron bracket.
(c) Wooden post.
(d) Window ledge.
4. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
(b) Have love.
(c) Have anger.
5. All year, the villagers would ___________ just to have the chance to purchase a slave during the auction.
(a) Sleep in.
(b) Save their money.
(c) Wait in line.
(d) Come from other towns.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mistress wants Beauty to whimper with ___________ for her supper when she gets it and to lick her plate clean.
2. Who did Beauty disobey her orders for as she watched him be one of the disgraced of the castle?
3. What did the slave of the court get to experience after the punishments they received?
4. There was also a disobedient slave when Beauty was with the Queen. His name was Prince ___________.
5. Where is Beauty going to be taken during her journey away from the Court?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sleeping Beauty infatuated with when she first wakes up after being asleep?
2. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
3. How do the slaves at the Mistress' inn go about cleaning the floor and the inside of the inn?
4. Describe the conditions the slaves are in as they are being brought to the public auction in order to be sold.
5. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about as they are being carried to the auction?
6. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
7. Who is Beauty eventually sold to and for what price during the bidding at the public auction?
8. What is Beauty shocked to see as she is brought to the inn and to her new home as a slave?
9. What happens to Beauty as a result of becoming a slave who is to be sold?
10. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)