|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
(a) It was his mother.
(b) She was old.
(c) It was Beauty.
(d) She was writing.
2. There was also a disobedient slave when Beauty was with the Queen. His name was Prince ___________.
3. Who consented to Beauty's new life as a slave according to the previous story?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her grandparents.
(d) Her brother.
4. Who is Beauty introduced to when she is brought to the new room by Mistress Lockley?
5. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
(a) A stable.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) A dressing room.
(d) A stair behind a fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan and Beauty are sent away to a place of ___________ instead of being in the Court.
2. What did Beauty believe the Captain must certainly be vain of, in terms of his good looks?
3. Even as he was on the auction block, Tristan thought about Beauty's __________ and questions in his mind.
4. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
5. What color was the bodice of the Mistress Lockley as she was taking Beauty back to the inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
2. What was Beauty told to do as she walked away from the Captain's room after their first encounter?
3. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
4. What happens to Beauty as a result of becoming a slave who is to be sold?
5. What does Tristan reveal about his relationship with the Lord Stefan when he is talking with Beauty?
6. What have Sleeping Beauty's parents consented for the Crown Prince to do with Beauty?
7. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
8. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
9. What do the slaves have to do in order to get to the auction block in the center of town?
10. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)