|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Tristan sees as he moves into a new room with oil lamps and is told to remain still?
(b) A bed.
2. Beauty began to experience a mounting passion to _____________ her Mistress and her Master.
3. Beauty began to feel that beatings and paddling were become more ____________ and it seemed strange to her.
4. Many princes and princesses are sent to become slaves of the Court until they should be rewarded and sent home to their ___________.
(d) Jail cells.
5. What does someone shout as Beauty is being described and tormented on the block? "Sell her into the ________!"
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mistress wants Beauty to whimper with ___________ for her supper when she gets it and to lick her plate clean.
2. Tristan ended up being sold to Nicolas, the Queen's ______________, when he was at the auction.
3. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
4. Beauty longed to _____________, but could not do so because her hands were bound.
5. The Captain instructs Beauty to always kiss his ___________ when he is at the inn and she is in the room with him.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
2. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
3. What does the slave who is hanging up do when she realizes Mistress Lockley is coming?
4. What was Beauty told to do as she walked away from the Captain's room after their first encounter?
5. What was Tristan grateful for as he was walked through the town to his new destination?
6. How do the slaves at the Mistress' inn go about cleaning the floor and the inside of the inn?
7. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
8. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
9. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
10. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)