|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Beauty forced to do when she entered the room and Mistress Lockley pushed her forward?
(b) Fall on her bottom.
2. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
3. The Captain wants her to do something for him: "You will put your __________ between your legs."
(d) Leather binding.
4. The woman she was with was walking so fast that Beauty had to ________, even if she didn't want to.
5. When the people aren't able to buy a slave at the auction, they can go to the _________ to pay for some time with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commander thinks it would have been a privilege to whip the slaves to press their lips to the Queen's ____________.
2. The _________ came again paralyzing and silencing Beauty's open mouth as the lovemaking continued.
3. Beauty almost screamed with ___________ when the dagger is used on and inside of her.
4. Beauty realizes the slaves are beginning to look normal to her; one cleaned a ______________ on her hands and knees.
5. The ___________ of the dagger entered Beauty as the Captain continued his torments with her.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
2. How is Tristan supposed to enter the house of Nicolas when he is brought there?
3. Describe the conditions the slaves are in as they are being brought to the public auction in order to be sold.
4. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
5. What happens to Beauty as a result of becoming a slave who is to be sold?
6. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
7. Who is Sleeping Beauty infatuated with when she first wakes up after being asleep?
8. What did the Captain order Beauty to do when she entered his room for the first time?
9. What do the slaves have to do in order to get to the auction block in the center of town?
10. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)