|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mistress is going to spank Beauty _________ so that Beauty will be obedient the entire summer as this will be repeated daily.
2. Beauty began to feel that beatings and paddling were become more ____________ and it seemed strange to her.
3. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
4. What is the first way in which Beauty thinks of her new Mistress as she is being led away from the auction block?
(a) Rich Courtesan.
(b) Rich innkeeper.
(c) Madame of Ill Repute.
(d) Crazy women.
5. Who was the last slave to be loaded into the card, one who had caught the attention of the Commander of the Patrol?
Short Answer Questions
1. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
2. The Mistress lets Tristan know that it will be rare for them to leave the ___________ unplugged.
3. What did Beauty believe the Captain must certainly be vain of, in terms of his good looks?
4. Beauty almost screamed with ___________ when the dagger is used on and inside of her.
5. For how many gold pieces is Beauty sold when she is put up for auction in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
2. What have Sleeping Beauty's parents consented for the Crown Prince to do with Beauty?
3. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
4. What is the agreement between the slaves and their owners, which Beauty finds out in the beginning?
5. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
6. What happens to Beauty as a result of becoming a slave who is to be sold?
7. What was Beauty told to do as she walked away from the Captain's room after their first encounter?
8. How do the slaves at the Mistress' inn go about cleaning the floor and the inside of the inn?
9. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
10. What is Beauty shocked to see as she is brought to the inn and to her new home as a slave?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)