|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ordeal that Beauty had to face in her previous station as a slave in the Court?
(a) Truth Torture.
(b) Black Death.
(c) Grazing Manacle.
(d) Bridle Path.
2. Who was the last slave to be loaded into the card, one who had caught the attention of the Commander of the Patrol?
3. The Mistress is going to spank Beauty _________ so that Beauty will be obedient the entire summer as this will be repeated daily.
4. Tristan clung to the _________ memory of Beauty's exquisite face and the flashing of disobedience in her eyes.
5. Tristan realizes he heard a number of kind words of ___________ from his previous Master, though he had still chosen to disobey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
2. What did the Captain do as he called Beauty his slave at the end of their time together?
3. The ___________ of the dagger entered Beauty as the Captain continued his torments with her.
4. The way Mistress Lockley ___________ made Beauty interested in her and engaged by her.
5. Beauty began to experience a mounting passion to _____________ her Mistress and her Master.
Short Essay Questions
1. When are the slaves not ignored by the villagers, according to the observations of Beauty as she walks through town?
2. What does Nicolas ask Tristan if he had learned as Tristan was being paraded through the street?
3. What are Tristan and Beauty able to do since they are being jostled about in the cart?
4. Describe the conditions the slaves are in as they are being brought to the public auction in order to be sold.
5. What does Beauty decide to do as she cannot bear to be humiliated anymore by the crowd?
6. What was Beauty told to do as she walked away from the Captain's room after their first encounter?
7. How is Tristan supposed to enter the house of Nicolas when he is brought there?
8. How did the Captain decide to ravage the young Beauty after she pleasured herself in front of him?
9. What do Tristan and Beauty talk about as they are being carried to the auction?
10. What do the slaves have to do in order to get to the auction block in the center of town?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)