|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was on the sign to designate the shop where silver and gold plating was done?
(a) Silver cup.
(b) Gold cup.
(d) A slave.
2. What did Beauty believe the Captain must certainly be vain of, in terms of his good looks?
(a) His figure
(b) His eyebrows.
(c) His blond hair.
(d) His eyes.
3. What did the Captain do as he called Beauty his slave at the end of their time together?
(a) Kiss her eyelids.
(b) Slap her face.
(c) Paddle her.
(d) Trace her face with the dagger.
4. The slave hanging on the front of the inn hung like ripe _________ from a shingle, perking up when the Mistress arrived.
5. When the people aren't able to buy a slave at the auction, they can go to the _________ to pay for some time with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Captain instructs Beauty to always kiss his ___________ when he is at the inn and she is in the room with him.
2. All year, the villagers would ___________ just to have the chance to purchase a slave during the auction.
3. What color are the eyes of the Captain, as Beauty finds out when she looks up into his face?
4. Beauty is bound up as she is given to her new owner, thinking that it was very clever that she would be led around as though she were a little _________.
5. Tristan is warned that if he does not obey orders, then he will be strapped on the ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Beauty eventually sold to and for what price during the bidding at the public auction?
2. Who is Sleeping Beauty infatuated with when she first wakes up after being asleep?
3. What do the slaves have to do in order to get to the auction block in the center of town?
4. What is the first punishment that Beauty is made to do with the other slaves in the middle of the village?
5. How did the Queen's Chronicler parade Tristan through town, causing him to think about whether he should have obeyed his other Master?
6. What is Tristan forced to do to Nicolas, which surprisingly arouses him as he does so?
7. What does Beauty find herself enjoying about the Mistress as they are getting to know each other?
8. What does Beauty realize when she is taken to the Court of Eleanor with the Crown Prince?
9. Describe the conditions the slaves are in as they are being brought to the public auction in order to be sold.
10. What is the slave who is being punished and tortured in the middle of the marketplace forced to do?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)