|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty thought it was positively odd not to be _____________ when she was being bathed and punished.
(b) Listened to.
(c) Spoken to.
(d) Looked at.
2. Tristan believes it ___________ Nicolas to see Tristan and Beauty to be happily together.
3. What does Nicolas answer when Tristan asks him if a slave is ever granted a request?
(a) Almost never.
(c) Only one time.
(d) All the time.
4. What did Tristan hasten to do when he was with his Master at the beginning of this section?
(a) Kiss his hand.
(b) Tie his boots.
(c) Bathe him.
(d) Clean his fingers.
5. The Captain describes ____________ as one of the wildest slaves he's known, broke and ran through the forest when the slave was ordered to strip.
6. What is Nicolas going to allow Tristan to do in order to make him happy?
(a) Go to the court.
(b) Run away.
(c) Return home.
(d) See Beauty.
7. Tristan immediately asks if Nicolas will ___________ outright, though Nicolas tells him to consider what he is saying.
(a) Free him.
(b) Leave with him.
(c) Commit to him.
(d) Buy him.
8. Jerard admits that he now feels the most proud when he is _____________ for his Mistress.
9. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
10. What does Mistress Lockley say that the soldiers liked on Beauty when they had their way with her?
11. The Whipping Master calls out to Tristan to, "Snap those _________" as he is being punished.
12. Who is the man with the green eyes who took Tristan from his homeland, the man Tristan recognizes instantly?
13. What was Tristan's Master doing when he entered the bedroom of his Master?
(c) Changing clothing.
14. In a moment of pure madness, Tristan realizes he wants the Captain to take him to the place of ________________.
(a) The stables.
(b) The Court.
(c) Public Punishment.
(d) Beauty's room.
15. Why couldn't the Princess see Tristan when he was brought into the room?
(a) She wasn't looking up.
(b) She did.
(c) She was turned the other way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan talks about being on the Public Turntable again, about being ___________ even though the fear hadn't left him.
2. Beauty was excited for the possible chance to see _________ that evening and the hours dragged on as a result.
3. Tristan feels as though he was emptied like a __________ when the phallus is removed from his body.
4. The Captain realized that ___________ had been Tristan's lover when he was at the castle.
5. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)