|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
(a) Whipping boy.
2. Jerard admits that he now feels the most proud when he is _____________ for his Mistress.
3. Who did Beauty dream of as she slipped into a sleep later on in the evening?
4. What does Tristan do as he is taking the Princess as his Mistress commands him to do?
(a) He pretends she is Beauty.
(b) He looks at the Princess the whole time.
(c) He looks at the Mistress.
(d) He fakes his orgasm.
5. The Captain realized that ___________ had been Tristan's lover when he was at the castle.
(c) The Queen.
6. A slave brings out a large bowl and sets it on the ground for the slaves to lap out of. What is in the bowl?
7. What does Nicolas bring to the bed where he and Tristan will be lying down?
(d) A knife.
8. Who was the slave that was missed more than any other at the court, even though the slave has to be disciplined often?
9. When does the strange ritual for the new batch of slaves take place, according to Nicolas as he explains this to Tristan?
(a) May Day.
(c) Midsummer Night.
10. Tristan believes it ___________ Nicolas to see Tristan and Beauty to be happily together.
11. What was the food that was waiting for the slaves in the trough when they arrived back at the stables?
12. While Tristan has already been with the Princess in the tent, he realizes his ____________ has redoubled upon going to his Master.
13. Tristan felt the first real panic when the ______ was fitted over his head and over his shoulders.
14. All Beauty could think of was Tristan telling her it would take a lot of _________ to be bad all the time.
15. What is between Beauty's legs as she is sleeping in her bound position?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Captain learns that all the ___________ are back, except for one, which alarms him and causes him to ask why not.
2. The Captain points it that it wasn't the severity of the beatings which made Tristan connected to the Captain, but the daily __________.
3. What does Mistress Lockley say that the soldiers liked on Beauty when they had their way with her?
4. Beauty feels badly for the runaway slave as the slave now has no loving ______________ to guide him.
5. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)