|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
2. Jerard admits that he now feels the most proud when he is _____________ for his Mistress.
3. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
(c) Whipping boy.
4. What does the Mistress apply to Tristan as he is bound to the wall during the day?
5. Who was the slave that was missed more than any other at the court, even though the slave has to be disciplined often?
6. Prince Richard allowed Beauty to _________ a little slowly, though he eventually told her to perk up lest they be whipped.
7. A slave brings out a large bowl and sets it on the ground for the slaves to lap out of. What is in the bowl?
8. Tristan sees a lovely village woman with a pretty ___________ skirt and white ruffled blouse paddling Beauty.
9. Beauty was excited for the possible chance to see _________ that evening and the hours dragged on as a result.
(c) The Mistress.
(d) The Captain.
10. Beauty thinks that Tristan's Master may let them see each other again as he seems to be __________.
11. What did people carry their wine around in as they were walked about the village?
12. Who rode in the coach beside a tall man, and his/her appearance was a surprise to Tristan?
(a) Mistress Julia.
(b) Lord Richard.
(c) The Captain.
(d) Lord Stefan.
13. Who does Tristan see hanging of the wall when he enters the inn with Nicolas during this section of the book?
(a) The Mistress.
14. What did Tristan hasten to do when he was with his Master at the beginning of this section?
(a) Bathe him.
(b) Kiss his hand.
(c) Clean his fingers.
(d) Tie his boots.
15. Tristan talks about being on the Public Turntable again, about being ___________ even though the fear hadn't left him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a moment of pure madness, Tristan realizes he wants the Captain to take him to the place of ________________.
2. What was the drink the slaves were allowed to lap up when they were eating dinner with the others?
3. The Whipping Master calls out to Tristan to, "Snap those _________" as he is being punished.
4. Where does Beauty go when she realizes that the Mistress is upset with her and will probably punish her?
5. What does Mistress Lockley say that the soldiers liked on Beauty when they had their way with her?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)