|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicolas tells Beauty that she will return to her regular __________ once she leaves the room after seeing Tristan.
2. The Captain realized that ___________ had been Tristan's lover when he was at the castle.
(c) The Queen.
3. Tristan tells Beauty that he is more than ______________ in his new role as a slave with Nicolas.
4. How many years had Jerard already been a slave in the village, according to his own admission?
5. Richard wants to take what off of the Mistress when he is taken with Beauty up to her bedroom?
(a) His clothing.
(b) Mistress' boots.
(c) Beauty's clothing.
(d) Mistress' shirt.
6. Tristan sees a lovely village woman with a pretty ___________ skirt and white ruffled blouse paddling Beauty.
7. Tristan started to ___________, weary and desperate from the exertions and the starvation of his loins.
8. What does Nicolas bring to the bed where he and Tristan will be lying down?
(b) A knife.
9. Prince Richard allowed Beauty to _________ a little slowly, though he eventually told her to perk up lest they be whipped.
10. Tristan felt the first real panic when the ______ was fitted over his head and over his shoulders.
11. What does the Mistress apply to Tristan as he is bound to the wall during the day?
12. In a moment of pure madness, Tristan realizes he wants the Captain to take him to the place of ________________.
(a) Public Punishment.
(b) Beauty's room.
(c) The stables.
(d) The Court.
13. The Captain points it that it wasn't the severity of the beatings which made Tristan connected to the Captain, but the daily __________.
14. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
(a) Whipping boy.
15. Who does Tristan see hanging of the wall when he enters the inn with Nicolas during this section of the book?
(c) The Mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. All Beauty could think of was Tristan telling her it would take a lot of _________ to be bad all the time.
2. Beauty thinks that Tristan's Master may let them see each other again as he seems to be __________.
3. Jerard admits that he now feels the most proud when he is _____________ for his Mistress.
4. Who did Beauty dream of as she slipped into a sleep later on in the evening?
5. A slave brings out a large bowl and sets it on the ground for the slaves to lap out of. What is in the bowl?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)