|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nicolas asks Tristan if Tristan hates him for having him __________ at the public turntable.
2. The Master was wearing a doublet of __________ velvet with fancy balloon sleeves and looked like a Prince.
3. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
4. What did the men squirt up into Beauty in order to clean her after the orgy which took place?
5. Tristan felt the first real panic when the ______ was fitted over his head and over his shoulders.
6. Jerard admits that he now feels the most proud when he is _____________ for his Mistress.
7. Only vaguely was Beauty aware of the ____________ being jerked by the Captain as she was sleeping.
(d) Bell chain.
8. The Captain learns that all the ___________ are back, except for one, which alarms him and causes him to ask why not.
9. All Beauty could think of was Tristan telling her it would take a lot of _________ to be bad all the time.
10. In a moment of pure madness, Tristan realizes he wants the Captain to take him to the place of ________________.
(a) The stables.
(b) Beauty's room.
(c) Public Punishment.
(d) The Court.
11. How many years had Jerard already been a slave in the village, according to his own admission?
12. Who was the slave that was missed more than any other at the court, even though the slave has to be disciplined often?
13. What does Nicolas bring to the bed where he and Tristan will be lying down?
(c) A knife.
14. Beauty is described by the Captain as a naked, ravenous ___________ that foments the passion in him dangerously.
15. Nicolas tells Tristan, "I have never loved any _________ as I love you," when they are finally alone together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beauty go when she realizes that the Mistress is upset with her and will probably punish her?
2. What does Tristan finally answer that he felt when he was subjected to all of the tortures and the roles?
3. Who was the one who tended to the fire when Master Nicolas and Tristan were in the forest?
4. Once the night with Nicolas is over, Tristan thinks that the soreness in all of his muscles and in his flesh is __________.
5. What was the drink the slaves were allowed to lap up when they were eating dinner with the others?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)