|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tristan sees a lovely village woman with a pretty ___________ skirt and white ruffled blouse paddling Beauty.
2. Beauty is described by the Captain as a naked, ravenous ___________ that foments the passion in him dangerously.
3. Who does Mistress Lockley kiss which makes Beauty feel jealous of this other slave's position?
4. A slave brings out a large bowl and sets it on the ground for the slaves to lap out of. What is in the bowl?
5. Tristan believes it ___________ Nicolas to see Tristan and Beauty to be happily together.
6. The Captain learns that all the ___________ are back, except for one, which alarms him and causes him to ask why not.
7. What does Tristan do as he is taking the Princess as his Mistress commands him to do?
(a) He pretends she is Beauty.
(b) He looks at the Princess the whole time.
(c) He looks at the Mistress.
(d) He fakes his orgasm.
8. When does the strange ritual for the new batch of slaves take place, according to Nicolas as he explains this to Tristan?
(b) May Day.
(d) Midsummer Night.
9. Nicolas tells Tristan that ___________ is up to become a slave for the next year, in accordance with the ritual.
10. What did people carry their wine around in as they were walked about the village?
11. What is Tristan to be whipped for when he is taken for shipping, according to Nicolas?
(a) His good looks.
(b) His slowness.
(c) His feet.
(d) His smart mouth.
12. Nicolas kisses Tristan's ___________ quickly as he is in line with the other ponies.
13. What was the food that was waiting for the slaves in the trough when they arrived back at the stables?
14. Tristan felt the first real panic when the ______ was fitted over his head and over his shoulders.
15. Who did Beauty dream of as she slipped into a sleep later on in the evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Master was wearing a doublet of __________ velvet with fancy balloon sleeves and looked like a Prince.
2. When Tristan is on display in the house, he is ordered to be ___________ properly, by the Mistress.
3. Beauty says that Tristan has given his ____________ to his Master and it is something she hasn't done yet.
4. Nicolas asks Tristan if Tristan hates him for having him __________ at the public turntable.
5. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)