|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty feels badly for the runaway slave as the slave now has no loving ______________ to guide him.
2. What does Mistress Lockley say that the soldiers liked on Beauty when they had their way with her?
3. The Captain realized that ___________ had been Tristan's lover when he was at the castle.
(c) The Queen.
4. Nicolas kisses Tristan's ___________ quickly as he is in line with the other ponies.
5. The words that Jerard shares with Tristan unnerve him, but at the same time, he realizes that he also ____________ what he is saying.
6. What did Tristan hasten to do when he was with his Master at the beginning of this section?
(a) Clean his fingers.
(b) Bathe him.
(c) Kiss his hand.
(d) Tie his boots.
7. Where does Beauty go when she realizes that the Mistress is upset with her and will probably punish her?
(a) The corner.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) The field.
8. What does Tristan have to pick up in order to show his Mistress that he has a soft mouth?
9. The Captain describes ____________ as one of the wildest slaves he's known, broke and ran through the forest when the slave was ordered to strip.
10. Tristan is awakened and pulled from the bed by one the servants at _______________ of the day.
(b) Mid morning.
(d) Early morning.
11. Tristan felt the first real panic when the ______ was fitted over his head and over his shoulders.
12. What does Beauty notice is different as she is walking in the village, though Richard tells her to be quiet?
13. Richard tied the Mistress' ____________ as Beauty finally woke up after their sexual encounter.
(c) Apron strings.
14. When does the strange ritual for the new batch of slaves take place, according to Nicolas as he explains this to Tristan?
(a) Midsummer Night.
(c) May Day.
15. After the beating, who does Tristan kneel before and hear the command for him to follow to the road along the ramparts.
(b) Whipping boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan started to ___________, weary and desperate from the exertions and the starvation of his loins.
2. Tristan tells Beauty that he is more than ______________ in his new role as a slave with Nicolas.
3. Beauty was excited for the possible chance to see _________ that evening and the hours dragged on as a result.
4. While Tristan has already been with the Princess in the tent, he realizes his ____________ has redoubled upon going to his Master.
5. The Master was wearing a doublet of __________ velvet with fancy balloon sleeves and looked like a Prince.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)