|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Commander doesn't do anything about the way that Beauty and Tristan are behaving because ___________________.
(a) He feels sorry for them.
(b) He wants to buy her unspoiled.
(c) He doesn't notice.
(d) He is ordered not to.
2. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
3. What did the slave of the court get to experience after the punishments they received?
(a) Warm baths and oils.
(c) More punishments.
(d) A walk in the cold.
4. What color are the eyes of the Captain, as Beauty finds out when she looks up into his face?
5. Who was the last slave to be loaded into the card, one who had caught the attention of the Commander of the Patrol?
6. The slave hanging on the front of the inn hung like ripe _________ from a shingle, perking up when the Mistress arrived.
7. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
(a) More leather straps.
(d) Wooden paddle.
8. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
9. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
(c) Have love.
(d) Have anger.
10. Which slave was the undisputed favorite of the Prince, according to the opening of the book?
11. What is the first thing Tristan sees as he moves into a new room with oil lamps and is told to remain still?
(b) A bed.
12. Who did Beauty disobey her orders for as she watched him be one of the disgraced of the castle?
13. The Captain instructs Beauty to always kiss his ___________ when he is at the inn and she is in the room with him.
14. The Hall of ____________ was a place that Beauty had to face in her last station as a slave for her Prince.
15. What does Beauty bring upon herself as she watched another slave be punished for his actions?
(a) The very same punishment.
(b) A moment of worry.
(d) The highest favor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beauty get to travel with as she is brought to her new place of enslavement?
2. Beauty longed to _____________, but could not do so because her hands were bound.
3. What was the ordeal that Beauty had to face in her previous station as a slave in the Court?
4. Beauty also became infatuated with the Queen's exquisite slave, Prince ____________.
5. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)