|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty longed to _____________, but could not do so because her hands were bound.
(a) Embrace Tristan.
(b) Escape from the cart.
(d) Hurt a guard.
2. What color are the eyes of the Captain, as Beauty finds out when she looks up into his face?
3. What did Tristan remove from himself as he and Beauty were sitting in the cart together?
(a) His handcuffs.
(b) His hat.
(c) His leather gag.
(d) His clothing.
4. What did the slave of the court get to experience after the punishments they received?
(a) More punishments.
(c) A walk in the cold.
(d) Warm baths and oils.
5. Tristan realizes he heard a number of kind words of ___________ from his previous Master, though he had still chosen to disobey.
6. Where did the slaves at the Court sleep, unconcerned for the disobedient ones who were being taken away?
(a) Silken beds.
(b) The floor.
(c) The courtyard.
(d) The stable.
7. What does someone shout as Beauty is being described and tormented on the block? "Sell her into the ________!"
8. All year, the villagers would ___________ just to have the chance to purchase a slave during the auction.
(a) Come from other towns.
(b) Wait in line.
(c) Sleep in.
(d) Save their money.
9. The _________ came again paralyzing and silencing Beauty's open mouth as the lovemaking continued.
10. Who consented to Beauty's new life as a slave according to the previous story?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her parents.
11. Who was the sometime Mistress of Beauty when she was in the Court as a slave?
12. Beauty almost screamed with ___________ when the dagger is used on and inside of her.
13. What color was the bodice of the Mistress Lockley as she was taking Beauty back to the inn?
14. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
15. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
2. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
3. What is the first thing Tristan sees as he moves into a new room with oil lamps and is told to remain still?
4. What was the ordeal that Beauty had to face in her previous station as a slave in the Court?
5. Who is Beauty introduced to when she is brought to the new room by Mistress Lockley?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)