|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beauty began to feel that beatings and paddling were become more ____________ and it seemed strange to her.
2. The slaves were now being condemned to hard labor and cruel use by the ___________ people.
(a) Most dignified.
3. Beauty began to experience a mounting passion to _____________ her Mistress and her Master.
4. Who is Beauty introduced to when she is brought to the new room by Mistress Lockley?
5. Beauty realizes the slaves are beginning to look normal to her; one cleaned a ______________ on her hands and knees.
(d) Shop window.
6. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
(d) Auction block.
7. The Mistress is going to spank Beauty _________ so that Beauty will be obedient the entire summer as this will be repeated daily.
8. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
(a) A kitchen.
(b) A dressing room.
(c) A stable.
(d) A stair behind a fireplace.
9. Beauty longed to _____________, but could not do so because her hands were bound.
(b) Hurt a guard.
(c) Escape from the cart.
(d) Embrace Tristan.
10. Beauty was claimed as the Prince's naked ___________ slave to be taken to his Kingdom.
11. The _________ came again paralyzing and silencing Beauty's open mouth as the lovemaking continued.
12. Where were the soldiers riding close to so as to make sure they could still reach the slaves to beat them as they traveled?
(b) Carriage seat.
(c) Wooden wheels.
13. Beauty also became infatuated with the Queen's exquisite slave, Prince ____________.
14. Many princes and princesses are sent to become slaves of the Court until they should be rewarded and sent home to their ___________.
(c) Jail cells.
15. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the sometime Mistress of Beauty when she was in the Court as a slave?
2. Who was the last slave to be loaded into the card, one who had caught the attention of the Commander of the Patrol?
3. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
4. What does someone shout as Beauty is being described and tormented on the block? "Sell her into the ________!"
5. Tristan tells Beauty that he disobeyed his Master because about a year ago, in another land, Lord Stefan and he were ___________.
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)