|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the soldiers riding close to so as to make sure they could still reach the slaves to beat them as they traveled?
(c) Carriage seat.
(d) Wooden wheels.
2. What was Beauty forced to do when she entered the room and Mistress Lockley pushed her forward?
(c) Fall on her bottom.
3. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(b) An honor.
4. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
(a) The moon.
(b) Morning star.
(c) The sun.
(d) The clouds.
5. Beauty also became infatuated with the Queen's exquisite slave, Prince ____________.
6. All year, the villagers would ___________ just to have the chance to purchase a slave during the auction.
(a) Save their money.
(b) Come from other towns.
(c) Sleep in.
(d) Wait in line.
7. Beauty began to feel that beatings and paddling were become more ____________ and it seemed strange to her.
8. The Captain's mouth sucked the ___________ out of Beauty as they made love together for the first time in this section.
9. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
10. What was on the sign to designate the shop where silver and gold plating was done?
(a) A slave.
(c) Silver cup.
(d) Gold cup.
11. Tristan asks Beauty why she decided to ___________ deliberately as they are sitting near each other.
12. Tristan is warned that if he does not obey orders, then he will be strapped on the ________________.
(c) Public Turntable.
13. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
(b) More leather straps.
(d) Wooden paddle.
14. Tristan clung to the _________ memory of Beauty's exquisite face and the flashing of disobedience in her eyes.
15. The woman she was with was walking so fast that Beauty had to ________, even if she didn't want to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
2. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
3. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
4. Beauty is bound up as she is given to her new owner, thinking that it was very clever that she would be led around as though she were a little _________.
5. Tristan ended up being sold to Nicolas, the Queen's ______________, when he was at the auction.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)