|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Nicolas is telling Tristan how to match, he tells him, "Pick up your __________ and hold your head high and back."
2. Many princes and princesses are sent to become slaves of the Court until they should be rewarded and sent home to their ___________.
(d) Jail cells.
3. What color was the bodice of the Mistress Lockley as she was taking Beauty back to the inn?
4. Beauty almost screamed with ___________ when the dagger is used on and inside of her.
5. How were Beauty's protests silenced during the experience with the Captain?
(a) He choked her.
(b) She simply chose not to talk.
(c) He gagged her.
(d) He kissed her.
6. The Commander thinks it would have been a privilege to whip the slaves to press their lips to the Queen's ____________.
7. Tristan notices that his new Master had long and lean ___________ which grab his attention first.
8. Tristan realizes he heard a number of kind words of ___________ from his previous Master, though he had still chosen to disobey.
9. When Beauty become accustomed to the shadows in the room, she realized there were many other ___________ there.
(c) Naked slaves.
10. For how many gold pieces is Beauty sold when she is put up for auction in the village?
(a) 20 gold pieces.
(b) 10 gold pieces.
(c) 100 gold pieces.
(d) 27 gold pieces.
11. The handle of the dagger was gold and was encrusted with emeralds and _________ as Beauty saw it come toward her.
12. What was Beauty forced to do when she entered the room and Mistress Lockley pushed her forward?
(c) Fall on her bottom.
13. What did Beauty believe the Captain must certainly be vain of, in terms of his good looks?
(a) His eyebrows.
(b) His figure
(c) His blond hair.
(d) His eyes.
14. Beauty realizes the slaves are beginning to look normal to her; one cleaned a ______________ on her hands and knees.
(d) Shop window.
15. Beauty also became infatuated with the Queen's exquisite slave, Prince ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
2. Who was the last slave to be loaded into the card, one who had caught the attention of the Commander of the Patrol?
3. Beauty thinks it's amazing that the prince on the torture device is able to keep his _______________ during the pain.
4. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
5. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)