|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(d) An honor.
2. What is the first thing Tristan sees as he moves into a new room with oil lamps and is told to remain still?
(b) A bed.
3. Who does Beauty get to travel with as she is brought to her new place of enslavement?
4. What did Tristan remove from himself as he and Beauty were sitting in the cart together?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His leather gag.
(c) His hat.
(d) His handcuffs.
5. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
(a) Wooden paddle.
(c) More leather straps.
6. The Mistress wants Beauty to whimper with ___________ for her supper when she gets it and to lick her plate clean.
7. Where did the slaves at the Court sleep, unconcerned for the disobedient ones who were being taken away?
(a) Silken beds.
(b) The courtyard.
(c) The floor.
(d) The stable.
8. What did Beauty believe the Captain must certainly be vain of, in terms of his good looks?
(a) His eyebrows.
(b) His figure
(c) His blond hair.
(d) His eyes.
9. The Commander doesn't do anything about the way that Beauty and Tristan are behaving because ___________________.
(a) He is ordered not to.
(b) He feels sorry for them.
(c) He wants to buy her unspoiled.
(d) He doesn't notice.
10. What does Beauty bring upon herself as she watched another slave be punished for his actions?
(a) The very same punishment.
(b) A moment of worry.
(c) The highest favor.
11. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
(a) Morning star.
(b) The moon.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The sun.
12. Where is Beauty going to be taken during her journey away from the Court?
(a) To the graveyard.
(b) To a farm.
(c) To the auction block.
(d) To the Sultan.
13. Many princes and princesses are sent to become slaves of the Court until they should be rewarded and sent home to their ___________.
(d) Jail cells.
14. Tristan and Beauty are sent away to a place of ___________ instead of being in the Court.
(a) Ill repute.
(c) Harsh labor.
15. Where is the auction block in the new village where the slaves are being taken?
(a) Village marketplace.
(c) Queen's room.
(d) Jail cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tristan realizes he heard a number of kind words of ___________ from his previous Master, though he had still chosen to disobey.
2. When the people aren't able to buy a slave at the auction, they can go to the _________ to pay for some time with them.
3. What is the first way in which Beauty thinks of her new Mistress as she is being led away from the auction block?
4. The Mistress lets Tristan know that it will be rare for them to leave the ___________ unplugged.
5. For how many gold pieces is Beauty sold when she is put up for auction in the village?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)