|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tristan and Beauty are sent away to a place of ___________ instead of being in the Court.
(b) Harsh labor.
(c) Ill repute.
2. Who was the last slave to be loaded into the card, one who had caught the attention of the Commander of the Patrol?
3. What was Beauty forced to do when she entered the room and Mistress Lockley pushed her forward?
(d) Fall on her bottom.
4. Beauty also became infatuated with the Queen's exquisite slave, Prince ____________.
5. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
(a) A dressing room.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) A stable.
(d) A stair behind a fireplace.
6. In some realm, as Beauty and Tristan were making love, she felt that she was not ___________.
(b) A slave.
(c) A girl.
(d) A woman.
7. What surprised Tristan about the woman in the room, as she finally came into focus?
(a) She was writing.
(b) It was his mother.
(c) It was Beauty.
(d) She was old.
8. Who consented to Beauty's new life as a slave according to the previous story?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her grandparents.
9. Who does Beauty get to travel with as she is brought to her new place of enslavement?
10. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(c) An honor.
11. Tristan ended up being sold to Nicolas, the Queen's ______________, when he was at the auction.
12. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
13. The Captain instructs Beauty to always kiss his ___________ when he is at the inn and she is in the room with him.
14. The question that torments Tristan is: Is it not easier to __________ than to choose not to?
15. The Commander thinks it would have been a privilege to whip the slaves to press their lips to the Queen's ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the people aren't able to buy a slave at the auction, they can go to the _________ to pay for some time with them.
2. For how many gold pieces is Beauty sold when she is put up for auction in the village?
3. Beauty sees that Tristan's face is a little __________ than that of most of the men, with strong bones.
4. Where were the soldiers riding close to so as to make sure they could still reach the slaves to beat them as they traveled?
5. Tristan clung to the _________ memory of Beauty's exquisite face and the flashing of disobedience in her eyes.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)