|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Prince allow Beauty to get back on the horse in Chapter 2?
(a) At the edge of the woods.
(b) In the middle of town.
(d) At the inn.
2. Why is the Prince grief-stricken at the beginning of the book?
(a) His wife left him.
(b) His father died.
(c) His child ran away.
(d) His mother died.
3. Who does Beauty see with Alexi when she sneaks out of the Prince's room?
(b) The Queen.
(c) Lord Gregory.
(d) Lady Juliana.
4. What do the townspeople do when they see the Prince and Beauty riding through town in Chapter 2?
(a) Look out the windows.
(c) Yell at her.
(d) Gather in the streets.
5. What color is the paddle that the prince who drops the wine pitcher in Chapter 4 is punished with?
6. What does Beauty's groomer mold onto her privates?
7. What does Lord Gregory suggest may be a hindrance in regards to Beauty that the Prince insists not be changed?
(a) Her skin.
(b) Her nails.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her hair.
8. What does the Prince do to Beauty after he commends her obedience in Chapter 3?
(a) Kisses her.
(b) Paddles her.
(c) Sleeps with her.
(d) Yells at her.
9. What is the name of Chapter 3?
(a) The Punishment.
(b) The Prince and Beauty.
10. Who does the Prince order to his room at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Lady Juliana and Squire Felix.
(b) Squire Felix and Prince Alexi.
(c) The Queen and Lady Juliana.
(d) The Queen and Prince Alexi.
11. What does the Prince do when the palace awakes?
(a) Bolts the door.
(c) Opens the door.
12. Where is Beauty led through when she first enters the Prince's castle?
(a) The corridor.
(b) The Hall of Punishments.
(c) The Great Hall.
(d) The Slaves' Hall.
13. What attributes about another girl makes Beauty become overcome with jealousy in Chapter 9?
(a) Her thinness and beauty.
(b) Her fuller breasts and curlier hair.
(c) Her height and build.
(d) Her fair skin and eyes.
14. Where does Beauty stand while contemplating how she can improve her obedience to the Prince in the second inn?
(a) At the doorway.
(b) The foot of the Prince's bed.
(c) On the Prince's bed.
(d) On the floor.
15. What does Beauty's groomer do to her after she bathes?
(a) Whips her.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Massages her.
(d) Paddles her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prince that drops the wine pitcher in Chapter 4?
2. Where does the innkeeper's daughter kiss Beauty before leaving the room in Chapter 3?
3. What does the Prince say Beauty is that causes him to be jealous of her?
4. What does Prince Alexi do to Beauty at the end of Chapter 4?
5. Who does Beauty try and appease to after being left outside the first inn?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)