|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Beauty disobey her orders for as she watched him be one of the disgraced of the castle?
2. When Beauty become accustomed to the shadows in the room, she realized there were many other ___________ there.
(c) Naked slaves.
3. Who consented to Beauty's new life as a slave according to the previous story?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her grandparents.
4. The woman she was with was walking so fast that Beauty had to ________, even if she didn't want to.
5. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
(b) Have anger.
(d) Have love.
6. Where did the slaves at the Court sleep, unconcerned for the disobedient ones who were being taken away?
(a) The floor.
(b) The courtyard.
(c) Silken beds.
(d) The stable.
7. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
8. The handle of the dagger was gold and was encrusted with emeralds and _________ as Beauty saw it come toward her.
9. What was just fading out of the morning sky as the slaves were traveling in the cart to their new home?
(a) The moon.
(b) The clouds.
(c) Morning star.
(d) The sun.
10. Tristan clung to the _________ memory of Beauty's exquisite face and the flashing of disobedience in her eyes.
11. Beauty was claimed as the Prince's naked ___________ slave to be taken to his Kingdom.
12. All year, the villagers would ___________ just to have the chance to purchase a slave during the auction.
(a) Wait in line.
(b) Sleep in.
(c) Come from other towns.
(d) Save their money.
13. Beauty is bound up as she is given to her new owner, thinking that it was very clever that she would be led around as though she were a little _________.
14. Who was the last slave to be loaded into the card, one who had caught the attention of the Commander of the Patrol?
15. The Captain says to Beauty, "You will ________ yourself to me," when he finally speaks after looking at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the slave of the court get to experience after the punishments they received?
2. Tristan realizes he heard a number of kind words of ___________ from his previous Master, though he had still chosen to disobey.
3. Tristan notices that his new Master had long and lean ___________ which grab his attention first.
4. The Commander thinks it would have been a privilege to whip the slaves to press their lips to the Queen's ____________.
5. What does Beauty bring upon herself as she watched another slave be punished for his actions?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)