|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the servants bring into Beauty's room after the Prince unlocks the door?
(d) A table and food.
2. When does the Prince allow Beauty to get back on the horse in Chapter 2?
(a) In the middle of town.
(b) At the inn.
(c) At the edge of the woods.
3. What is Alexi doing in the Prince's chamber when he is beaten until he bleeds?
(c) Crawling around.
4. What does the Prince command the person he brings into the room in the second inn to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Braid her hair.
(d) Dress Beauty's welts.
5. What is the name of Chapter 9?
(a) The Hall of Punishments.
(b) The Slaves' Hall.
(c) The Training Hall.
(d) The Learning Time.
6. What does the Prince command Alexi to get from a dresser after his beating?
(a) A stick.
(b) A paddle.
(c) A leather ring.
(d) A whip.
7. Where is Beauty led through when she first enters the Prince's castle?
(a) The Great Hall.
(b) The Hall of Punishments.
(c) The corridor.
(d) The Slaves' Hall.
8. What does Beauty do to the Prince when Lord Gregory leaves them in Chapter 5?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Kisses his boots.
(c) Kisses his hand.
(d) Glares at him.
9. What does the Prince make Beauty grasp in the corner of his chamber in Chapter 5?
(a) A pot.
(b) A chair.
(c) A hook attached to a chain.
(d) A table.
10. What does Lord Gregory suggest may be a hindrance in regards to Beauty that the Prince insists not be changed?
(a) Her nails.
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her skin.
(d) Her hair.
11. In what way does Felix watch the Prince beat Prince Alexi that causes Beauty anger?
12. Where does Beauty stand while contemplating how she can improve her obedience to the Prince in the second inn?
(a) On the floor.
(b) The foot of the Prince's bed.
(c) On the Prince's bed.
(d) At the doorway.
13. What does the Prince command the Innkeeper's daughter to bring into the room from the kitchen in the second inn?
(a) A branch.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A paddle.
(d) A whip.
14. How does the Prince take Beauty to see Alexi's final punishment of the night after his beating in Chapter 7?
(a) By her arm.
(b) By her hair.
(c) Over his shoulder.
(d) In chains.
15. How does the Prince speak to Beauty to calm her nerves before entering the castle grounds?
(a) Speaks softly to her.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Kisses her.
(d) Beats her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prince that drops the wine pitcher in Chapter 4?
2. What is fit in the mouth of the princess Lord Gregory has summoned to the Hall of Punishments?
3. How many years penance does Beauty's groomer say most love slaves normally have?
4. What does the Prince beat Beauty with after she kisses his boots in Chapter 5?
5. What are three walls of the Slave Hall fitted with?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)