|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the bodice of the Mistress Lockley as she was taking Beauty back to the inn?
2. Which slave was the undisputed favorite of the Prince, according to the opening of the book?
3. The Captain wants her to do something for him: "You will put your __________ between your legs."
(a) Leather binding.
4. Who does Beauty get to travel with as she is brought to her new place of enslavement?
5. What did Beauty believe the Captain must certainly be vain of, in terms of his good looks?
(a) His blond hair.
(b) His figure
(c) His eyebrows.
(d) His eyes.
6. Where did Mistress Lockley force Beauty to go up to when she took her out and dried her hair?
(a) A stable.
(b) A stair behind a fireplace.
(c) A dressing room.
(d) A kitchen.
7. What color are the eyes of Nicolas, as Tristan discovers when he is stopped with a new order?
8. What color are the eyes of the Captain, as Beauty finds out when she looks up into his face?
9. When the people aren't able to buy a slave at the auction, they can go to the _________ to pay for some time with them.
10. Tristan is told to hold tight to the ____________ above him as the men are given Nicolas' permission to play with the slave.
(a) Window ledge.
(c) Iron bracket.
(d) Wooden post.
11. The most magnificent sign was that of the Sign of the __________, as Beauty sees the various signs.
12. Beauty realized that it did not matter if she walked to the the platform and the turntable in ____________.
13. Nicolas believes that Tristan would have gone for ____________ the price if he had gone later on in the auction.
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
(c) Ten times.
14. The _________ came again paralyzing and silencing Beauty's open mouth as the lovemaking continued.
15. When Beauty become accustomed to the shadows in the room, she realized there were many other ___________ there.
(d) Naked slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tristan remove from himself as he and Beauty were sitting in the cart together?
2. Where is Beauty going to be taken during her journey away from the Court?
3. Tristan asks Beauty why she decided to ___________ deliberately as they are sitting near each other.
4. The slaves, the Commander thought, never really knew what to expect from their new position, or else they'd never risked the Queen's ________.
5. Tristan clung to the _________ memory of Beauty's exquisite face and the flashing of disobedience in her eyes.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)