|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mistress is going to spank Beauty _________ so that Beauty will be obedient the entire summer as this will be repeated daily.
2. What is the first thing Tristan sees as he moves into a new room with oil lamps and is told to remain still?
(b) A bed.
3. The Mistress lets Tristan know that it will be rare for them to leave the ___________ unplugged.
4. What color are the eyes of Nicolas, as Tristan discovers when he is stopped with a new order?
5. Nicolas believes that Tristan would have gone for ____________ the price if he had gone later on in the auction.
(a) Three times.
(b) Ten times.
(d) Four times.
6. What did the Captain use in order to inspect the endowments of Beauty as she was laid down?
(a) A knife handle.
(b) A knife.
(c) Gloved hands.
(d) His sword.
7. What is the first way in which Beauty thinks of her new Mistress as she is being led away from the auction block?
(a) Rich innkeeper.
(b) Crazy women.
(c) Rich Courtesan.
(d) Madame of Ill Repute.
8. What did the slave of the court get to experience after the punishments they received?
(b) A walk in the cold.
(c) Warm baths and oils.
(d) More punishments.
9. The slave must always enter the house on ______________ without begin told, according to Nicolas.
(a) The saddle.
(b) The front stoop.
(c) Their Master's knee.
(d) Their hands and knees.
10. Where were the soldiers riding close to so as to make sure they could still reach the slaves to beat them as they traveled?
(a) Carriage seat.
(b) Wooden wheels.
11. Beauty longed to _____________, but could not do so because her hands were bound.
(a) Escape from the cart.
(b) Hurt a guard.
(d) Embrace Tristan.
12. Who consented to Beauty's new life as a slave according to the previous story?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her grandparents.
(d) Her brother.
13. The handle of the dagger was gold and was encrusted with emeralds and _________ as Beauty saw it come toward her.
14. Where was Beauty being taken at the beginning of this section of the book?
(d) Auction block.
15. The ___________ of the dagger entered Beauty as the Captain continued his torments with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which slave was the undisputed favorite of the Prince, according to the opening of the book?
2. Beauty also became infatuated with the Queen's exquisite slave, Prince ____________.
3. For how many gold pieces is Beauty sold when she is put up for auction in the village?
4. Where did the slaves at the Court sleep, unconcerned for the disobedient ones who were being taken away?
5. The woman she was with was walking so fast that Beauty had to ________, even if she didn't want to.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)