|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mistress Lockley want the man to get for her when Beauty first arrives at the inn?
(b) Wooden paddle.
(c) More leather straps.
2. What color are the eyes of the Captain, as Beauty finds out when she looks up into his face?
3. Beauty longed to _____________, but could not do so because her hands were bound.
(a) Escape from the cart.
(b) Embrace Tristan.
(d) Hurt a guard.
4. What does someone shout as Beauty is being described and tormented on the block? "Sell her into the ________!"
5. How long had Sleeping Beauty been sleeping when she was awakened from her slumber?
6. What is the first thing Tristan sees as he moves into a new room with oil lamps and is told to remain still?
(d) A bed.
7. Even as he was on the auction block, Tristan thought about Beauty's __________ and questions in his mind.
8. Tristan tells Beauty, "In the end, they will _________ over us," as they are moving along in the cart.
(c) Have love.
(d) Have anger.
9. Where were the soldiers riding close to so as to make sure they could still reach the slaves to beat them as they traveled?
(a) Carriage seat.
(b) Wooden wheels.
10. Tristan ended up being sold to Nicolas, the Queen's ______________, when he was at the auction.
11. Beauty began to experience a mounting passion to _____________ her Mistress and her Master.
12. The handle of the dagger was gold and was encrusted with emeralds and _________ as Beauty saw it come toward her.
13. The slave hanging on the front of the inn hung like ripe _________ from a shingle, perking up when the Mistress arrived.
14. It had been _________ to be the playthings of the Court, to be the object of relentless attention, according to the book.
(b) An honor.
15. What did Beauty believe the Captain must certainly be vain of, in terms of his good looks?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His eyebrows.
(c) His figure
(d) His blond hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the bodice of the Mistress Lockley as she was taking Beauty back to the inn?
2. The Hall of ____________ was a place that Beauty had to face in her last station as a slave for her Prince.
3. What begins to take Beauty to her new place of enslavement as the opening chapter ends?
4. The Commander doesn't do anything about the way that Beauty and Tristan are behaving because ___________________.
5. Tristan is told to hold tight to the ____________ above him as the men are given Nicolas' permission to play with the slave.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)