|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "The Culture of Poverty" first published?
2. In comparing U.S. and U.K. governments in "Future Directions for Urban Government in Britain and America," the author concludes the British system is more what?
3. When was Ebenezer Howard born?
4. Who wrote "Future Directions for Urban Government in Britain and America"?
(a) Saskia Sassen.
(b) Robin Hambleton.
(c) Raymond Unwin.
(d) Frank Lloyd Wright.
5. When were "Kinship and Community" and "Keeping Themselves to Themselves" first published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second of four kinds of power described by the author in "Regime Theory and Urban Politics"?
2. How many boulevards would shoot off the city center in Ebenezer Howard's "The Town-Country Magnet"?
3. When was "What is a City?" first published?
4. Lewis Mumford presents the city as a collection of primary groups assembled together, with their physical organization determining levels of what?
5. Who authored "The City as Image"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would the outer and inner city contain in "Urbanism as a Way of Life"?
2. How does John Mollenkopf define structuralists and pluralists in "How to Study Urban Political Power"?
3. What questions are posed in John Mollenkopf's "How to Study Urban Political Power"?
4. What does Ebenezer Howard propose for urban developers? Which articles are his?
5. What is questioned in "Future Directions for Urban Government in Britain and America"?
6. What did the authors of "Kinship and Community" find in interviews with the residents? What happened after they relocated?
7. What negative aspects of poverty does Oscar Lewis describe?
8. How has planning changed, according to Peter Hall in "The City of Theory"?
9. What are the benefits of public parks, according to Frederick Law Olmstead?
10. What plans and theories are presented in "A Contemporary City"?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)