|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Public Parks and the Enlargement of Towns" first published?
2. What term refers to a system of persons or things arranged in a graded order?
(d) Pecking order.
3. Who wrote "Place and Production in the Global Economy"?
(a) Raymond Unwin.
(b) William Julius Wilson.
(c) Robin Hambleton.
(d) Saskia Sassen.
4. What did Ebenezer Howard call the central area in his Utopian cities in "Author's Introduction" and "The Town-Country Magnet"?
(a) Crystal Palace.
(b) The Ivory Tower.
(c) The Drum Circle.
(d) The Green Obelisk.
5. What does the author of "Public Parks and the Enlargement of Towns" write advanced a democratic society, taking pressure off of different classes by giving them an area that they can all enjoy?
(a) Green space.
(b) National parks.
(c) Vertical dwellings.
(d) Urban centers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Ebenezer Howard born?
2. What is the first of four kinds of power described by the author in "Regime Theory and Urban Politics"?
3. When was "Regime Theory and Urban Politics" first published?
4. In "Future Directions for Urban Government in Britain and America," the author discusses the developments in the U.S. and U.K. for the past how many years?
5. How many residents live in the hypothesized city in "A Contemporary City"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is detailed in "Broadacre City: A New Community Plan"?
2. What are the benefits of public parks, according to Frederick Law Olmstead?
3. What does Oscar Lewis write about in the anthology? What are his theories?
4. Where does the study take place in "Kinship and Community"? Who conducted it?
5. What are Saskia Sassen's views on development? What article discusses this?
6. What case studies are presented in "Regime Theory and Urban Politics"?
7. How does John Mollenkopf define structuralists and pluralists in "How to Study Urban Political Power"?
8. What does John Kasarda concluted in "The Jobs-Skills Mismatch"?
9. How has planning changed, according to Peter Hall in "The City of Theory"?
10. What picture of the urban poor is depicted in "The Black Underclass"?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)