|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What essay in the collection was written by Peter Hall?
(a) "It Takes A Village."
(b) "The City of Theory."
(c) "Total Utopia."
(d) "The Factual Town."
2. In comparing U.S. and U.K. governments in "Future Directions for Urban Government in Britain and America," the author concludes the British system is more what?
3. What term refers to a system of persons or things arranged in a graded order?
(c) Pecking order.
4. What does the author of "Public Parks and the Enlargement of Towns" write advanced a democratic society, taking pressure off of different classes by giving them an area that they can all enjoy?
(a) Vertical dwellings.
(b) National parks.
(c) Green space.
(d) Urban centers.
5. What is the first city plan described by Louis Wirth in "Urbanism as a Way of Life" planned around?
(a) Managing power.
(b) Efficient consumption.
(c) Eliminating the difference between producers and consumers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were "Author's Introduction" and "The Town-Country Magnet" first published?
2. Who authored "The City as Image"?
3. Within the city, what are most important to Lewis Mumford in "What is a City?"
4. When was "The Culture of Poverty" first published?
5. When was "What is a City?" first published?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans and theories are presented in "A Contemporary City"?
2. How has planning changed, according to Peter Hall in "The City of Theory"?
3. What did the authors of "Kinship and Community" find in interviews with the residents? What happened after they relocated?
4. How does John Mollenkopf define structuralists and pluralists in "How to Study Urban Political Power"?
5. What negative aspects of poverty does Oscar Lewis describe?
6. What questions are posed in John Mollenkopf's "How to Study Urban Political Power"?
7. What is detailed in "Broadacre City: A New Community Plan"?
8. What does Gerry Stoker write about "neo-pluralists"?
9. What would the outer and inner city contain in "Urbanism as a Way of Life"?
10. What picture of the urban poor is depicted in "The Black Underclass"?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)