|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What essay in the collection was written by Peter Hall?
(a) "The Factual Town."
(b) "The City of Theory."
(c) "It Takes A Village."
(d) "Total Utopia."
2. What is the fourth of the four kinds of power described by the author in "Regime Theory and Urban Politics"?
3. What current trends of the urban life does Mumford refer to as the "postnucleated city"?
(a) Demoralization and decentralization.
(b) Dissociation and demoralization.
(c) Demoralization and dismay.
(d) Dissociation and decentralization.
4. What is the second of four kinds of power described by the author in "Regime Theory and Urban Politics"?
5. What group concedes that economic forces come into play, but that urban political theory also needs to draw on theories of the state in "How to Study Urban Political Power"?
(a) The structuralists.
(b) The pluralists.
(c) The futurists.
(d) The communists.
6. In "How to Study Urban Political Power," the author writes that there have been two groups of researchers studying city politics: the pluralists, and who?
(a) The realists.
(b) The urbanists.
(c) The ruralists.
(d) The structuralists.
7. Who wrote "Public Parks and the Enlargement of Towns"?
(a) Frederick Law Olmsted.
(b) Saskia Sassen.
(c) Raymond Unwin.
(d) Frank Lloyd Wright.
8. How many boulevards would shoot off the city center in Ebenezer Howard's "The Town-Country Magnet"?
9. When were "Kinship and Community" and "Keeping Themselves to Themselves" first published?
10. Who wrote "Kinship and Community" and "Keeping Themselves to Themselves"?
(a) Peter Willmott and Christopher Alexander.
(b) Oscar Lewis and Peter Willmott.
(c) Oscar Lewis and Christopher Alexander.
(d) Michael Young and Peter Willmott.
11. The author of "The Black Underclass" argues that upwardly mobile men have moved out of poor black communities, depriving these communities of what?
(b) Potential leaders.
(c) Father figures.
12. In comparing U.S. and U.K. governments in "Future Directions for Urban Government in Britain and America," the author concludes the American system is more what?
13. What is the third of four kinds of power described by the author in "Regime Theory and Urban Politics"?
14. When were "Author's Introduction" and "The Town-Country Magnet" first published?
15. Where was Ebenezer Howard from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the authors of "Cities and Uneven Economic Development"?
2. When was "A Contemporary City" first published?
3. When was Patrick Geddes born?
4. When was "Urbanism as a Way of Life" first published?
5. When was conservative icon Charles Murray born?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)