|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Perspectives on Urban Form and Design.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author of "The Polis" writes that the term polis refers to more of a what than the current "city"?
(a) Autocratic state.
(b) Dictatorial state.
(d) Peace state.
2. Whose insights on urban planning in the face of conflict does LeGate claim to be intellectually rigorous in "How to Study Cities"?
(a) Lewis Mumford's.
(b) James Q. Wilson's.
(c) Frederic Stout's.
(d) John Forester's.
3. What research method involves the analysis of statistical data?
(c) Number crunching.
4. The editors write in the Introduction from the Editors that their students have asked for the past how many years what the best writings in urban development are?
5. Richard LeGates points out that colleges and universities today have a tendency to do what to knowledge, according to "How to Study Cities"?
(a) Over analyze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is described with the Church initially a factor in its boundaries, though later Charlemagne grew the empire in "City Origins" and "Cities and European Civilization"?
2. Whose "thoughtful prescriptions for urban poverty" are discussed by LeGate in "How to Study Cities"?
3. Who wrote "A City Is Not a Tree"?
4. Who was a Moroccan Berber Islamic scholar and traveller who is known for the account of his travels and excursions called the Rihla?
5. Who wrote the article "The Urbanization of the Human Population"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)