|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Perspectives on Urban Form and Design.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose insights on urban planning in the face of conflict does LeGate claim to be intellectually rigorous in "How to Study Cities"?
(a) James Q. Wilson's.
(b) John Forester's.
(c) Frederic Stout's.
(d) Lewis Mumford's.
2. When was author and theorist Albrecht Dürer born?
3. Where was author and theorist Albrecht Dürer from?
4. When was the imaginary city surveyed and laid out in "The Almost Perfect Town"?
5. Who wrote "Of the Noble and Magnificent City of Kin-sai"?
(a) Henri Pirenne.
(b) Marco Polo.
(c) H.D.F. Kitto.
(d) Ibn Battuta.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the article "Levittown and America" first published?
2. Richard LeGates points out that colleges and universities today have a tendency to do what to knowledge, according to "How to Study Cities"?
3. The First Edition of The City Reader was published by Routledge in what year?
4. What city is described with the Church initially a factor in its boundaries, though later Charlemagne grew the empire in "City Origins" and "Cities and European Civilization"?
5. Kevin Lynch writes in "The City Image and Its Elements" about concepts that are common to cities and necessary for these areas to be what?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)