|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Perspectives on Urban Form and Design.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of the five elements that are common to cities described in "The City Image and Its Elements"?
(b) Emergency services.
2. What kind of research does not necessarily look at numbers or statistical analysis?
3. What city does John Brinckerhoff Jackson describe in "The Almost Perfect Town"?
(a) Optimo City.
(b) Optimizer City.
(c) Opium City
(d) Optimum City.
4. Where was author and theorist Albrecht Dürer from?
5. When was the imaginary city surveyed and laid out in "The Almost Perfect Town"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is described with the Church initially a factor in its boundaries, though later Charlemagne grew the empire in "City Origins" and "Cities and European Civilization"?
2. In "Nature in the Metropolis," Ian McHarg writes about the best way to construct a city in harmony with what?
3. Engels describes the working-class districts and the public health consequences of these horrors where in "The Great Towns"?
4. What was at the center of the imaginary American city when it was first laid out in "The Almost Perfect Town"?
5. What urban designer and his students conducted surveys of residents of Boston and other cities to understand how they perceived the city environment?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)