|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Perspectives on Urban Form and Design.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "The Urban Revolution" first published?
2. The author of "The Polis" writes that the term polis refers to more of a what than the current "city"?
(a) Autocratic state.
(b) Dictatorial state.
(c) Peace state.
3. Where are the slums and factories located in the city from "The Almost Perfect Town"?
(a) Railroad Avenue.
(b) Locust Street.
(c) Myrtle Avenue.
(d) South Main Street.
4. What is the first of the five zones of the city described in "The Growth of the City: An Introduction to a Research Project"?
(a) The government zone.
(b) The urban zone.
(c) The financial zone.
(d) The shopping district.
5. What research method involves the analysis of statistical data?
(b) Number crunching.
Short Answer Questions
1. What urban sociologist did extensive field research in Black ghettos of Chicago?
2. Who is the author of "The Negro Problems of Philadelphia"?
3. The author of "City Origins" and "Cities and European Civilization" describes the growth of cities in Western Europe as historically bound by two elements: a middle class, and what?
4. Kevin Lynch writes in "The City Image and Its Elements" about concepts that are common to cities and necessary for these areas to be what?
5. LeGates writes in "How to Study Cities" that there are "social, spacial and _____ aspects to urban poverty as well as economic ones."
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)