|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Visions, Theory, and Practice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of the five zones of the city described in "The Growth of the City: An Introduction to a Research Project"?
(a) The shopping district.
(b) The urban zone.
(c) The financial zone.
(d) The government zone.
2. When was conservative icon Charles Murray born?
3. Lewis Mumford presents the city as a collection of primary groups assembled together, with their physical organization determining levels of what?
4. In comparing U.S. and U.K. governments in "Future Directions for Urban Government in Britain and America," the author concludes the American system is more what?
5. What city does the author of "The Polis" use as an example of the peak of the polis?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author of "The Polis" writes that the term polis refers to more of a what than the current "city"?
2. What does LeGates write "have their advantage that they are based on consistent methods for acquiring knowledge and a more or less agreed upon body of knowledge"?
3. What is the first city plan described by Louis Wirth in "Urbanism as a Way of Life" planned around?
4. When was "The City Image and Its Elements" first published?
5. Engels describes the working-class districts and the public health consequences of these horrors where in "The Great Towns"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)