|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Will and Fritz a moment of panic while they are walking?
(a) Hearing police sirens.
(b) Fritz falling down from being ill.
(c) The lights going dark for a moment.
(d) Running into another master.
2. What do Will and Fritz do when they see each other for the first time after going with their different masters?
(a) Pretend they don't know each other.
(b) Talk about their life outside the city.
(c) Get in a fight.
(d) Compare notes.
3. How early do Will and Beanpole arrive at the games?
(a) Two days early.
(b) They are two hours late but can still compete.
(c) Three hours early.
(d) One day early.
4. What did Fritz see on the globe besides the answer to #135?
(a) Where the city ends.
(b) How large the city is.
(c) Where the river enters the city.
(d) Where the river circles the city.
5. Why is Will becoming worried as the masters look over the athletes?
(a) He is frightened by the procedures.
(b) He is repulsed by their appearances.
(c) He feels sick.
(d) He is one of the last ones taken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns Beanpole about his loss?
2. What happens to Will after his action in question #173?
3. What does Will's master do when he comes back into the pool room?
4. How does Beanpole feel about his loss?
5. What does Fritz tell Will he must do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Will have to pick his master up at work early?
2. How are the athletes given to masters and how does Will's situation go in that event?
3. How does Will get out of the city and who is waiting for him? What does that person do?
4. What does Will find out about slaves at the end of their lives?
5. How does Will get to his master's house, what does it look like and where might his master being in the social hierarchy?
6. What is the final outcome of the games for the boys?
7. What does Will's instructor show him?
8. How does Will's master relax and what kind of information seems to fascinate him?
9. What happens when Will's master uses more as bubbles than usual? Why is Will worried?
10. How does Beanpole feel about his efforts? What happens the day after the games end?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)