|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is contained in Will's private room?
(a) A laser light.
(b) An electric force field.
(c) A gray fog.
2. What does Will's master do when he comes back into the pool room?
(a) Pulls him into the pool.
(b) Beats him.
(c) Remarks on his behavior.
(d) Makes him stand at attention for an hour.
3. What does Will discover when he returns home after a long errand for his master?
(a) His master has left.
(b) The master's house is messed up.
(c) His master has gone in his room.
(d) His master is dead.
4. What does Will's master do with Will as he recovers from his illness?
(a) Beats Will often.
(b) Eats more food than usual.
(c) Talks to Will nearly every day.
(d) Acts slightly senile.
5. What does Will's master say is the method by which the aliens conquered earth?
(a) By possessing the leaders of the world.
(b) By controlling the weather.
(c) By putting drugs in the air.
(d) Through mind control.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will's master feel about humans?
2. What is the place in which scenes from the Earth's landscapes are created?
3. How does Beanpole feel about his loss?
4. What covers the city of the Tripods?
5. What happens to the competition as the games continue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will's master do to him about what he found and what is Will's response?
2. What does the city of the masters look like?
3. When do Will and Beanpole arrive at the Games, who do they see there and what do they do when they arrive?
4. Why did Will have to pick his master up at work early?
5. How does Will manage to see Fritz again?
6. How does Will get out of the city and who is waiting for him? What does that person do?
7. What do the athletes do when they first arrive in the city?
8. How does Will get to his master's house, what does it look like and where might his master being in the social hierarchy?
9. Where does Will go to see Fritz who is sick and what does Fritz tell him?
10. Where does Will keep notes and how does he hide them?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)