|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will's master do when he comes back into the pool room?
(a) Makes him stand at attention for an hour.
(b) Pulls him into the pool.
(c) Remarks on his behavior.
(d) Beats him.
2. What picks up the groups of winners?
(a) A bus.
(b) A train.
(c) A river barge.
(d) The six Tripods at the games.
3. What does Will find out when he goes to visit Fritz?
(a) Fritz has escaped.
(b) Fritz has been given to a new master.
(c) Fritz is in the hospital.
(d) Fritz is at the library.
4. What does Will discover when he returns home after a long errand for his master?
(a) The master's house is messed up.
(b) His master is dead.
(c) His master has left.
(d) His master has gone in his room.
5. What does Will begin to do with the book his master has allowed him to read?
(a) Take notes in the margins.
(b) Use the pages for fires.
(c) Tear out the pages.
(d) Read it out loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the master do when he first brings Will into his home?
2. What is one of the types of events masters attend?
3. What kind of belt does Will win?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 8, Will gets a call to do what?
5. What happens to the competition as the games continue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Will and Fritz do when they see each other for the first time since entering the city?
2. Where does Will go to see Fritz who is sick and what does Fritz tell him?
3. Why did Will have to pick his master up at work early?
4. What does Will's instructor show him?
5. How are the athletes given to masters and how does Will's situation go in that event?
6. Why do Will and Fritz talk about how to get out of the city, what do they think is the best way and what concerns Will?
7. When Will returns home after a long errand for his master what does he find out when he gets there?
8. How does Will learn more about the city and what does he see?
9. What happens when Will's master uses more as bubbles than usual? Why is Will worried?
10. How does Will get to his master's house, what does it look like and where might his master being in the social hierarchy?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)