|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the competition as the games continue?
(a) It stays about the same.
(b) The field becomes larger.
(c) It is easier.
(d) It becomes more difficult.
2. Where does Will see Fritz for the first time after being chosen by masters?
(a) In the library.
(b) At the fountain in the center of the city.
(c) At his master's home.
(d) In a common room set aside for human slaves.
3. What does Will's master do when he gets into a rage?
(a) Throws Will outside without a mask.
(b) Beats Will.
(c) Almost drowns Will.
(d) Breaks Will's arm.
4. What does Fritz tell Will about what he saw on a globe?
(a) There are two Tripod cities.
(b) There are three Tripod cities.
(c) Much of the world has been rearranged by the aliens.
(d) There are no other Tripod cities.
5. Why is Will concerned about Fritz?
(a) That Fritz won't make it much longer.
(b) That Fritz is pushing his boundaries.
(c) That Fritz's master beats him.
(d) That Fritz will be killed for being uncapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far up is Will's master's home?
2. What does Fritz tell Will he must do?
3. On what does the master begin to take Will?
4. What is expected when the masters beat their human slaves?
5. What does Will's master likes to have when he takes baths?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will's instructor show him?
2. How does Beanpole feel about his efforts? What happens the day after the games end?
3. What does Fritz tell Will he saw that indicated where the Tripods might live?
4. What happens when Will's master uses more as bubbles than usual? Why is Will worried?
5. What does Will find out about slaves at the end of their lives?
6. When do Will and Beanpole arrive at the Games, who do they see there and what do they do when they arrive?
7. How does Will get to his master's house, what does it look like and where might his master being in the social hierarchy?
8. How are the athletes given to masters and how does Will's situation go in that event?
9. What is the place like where the female slaves go?
10. How does Will learn more about the city and what does he see?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)