|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they decide to do about steering the raft?
(a) Abandon the raft and swim for shore.
(b) Beach it by a highway.
(d) Push it into the faster current.
2. Why is Beanpole worried about his practice?
(a) He thinks he can do better.
(b) He sprained his ankle.
(c) He's not worried.
(d) He loses to his competitor often.
3. How does Will feel about what he did to the man on the island?
4. Why are Will, Henry, and Beanpole with the uncapped people?
(a) Spy on them.
(b) Help them.
(c) Kill them eventually.
(d) Use them for money.
5. Where did Will, Henry, and Beanpole travel together?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the boys to make a raft?
2. Why did Ulf decide to leave when he did?
3. How do Will and Henry feel about being chosen?
4. How does Beanpole save Will's life?
5. What do the boys realize by lunch time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julius say about the plan for the boys?
2. Who elects to stay below deck first and where do they stay?
3. What do the boys figure out by lunch time?
4. What does Beanpole think might have happened because the barge was gone?
5. Why does Moritz become concerned when they stop at a small village?
6. Where does Will go to look for Ulf and what does he buy there?
7. What happens to Will when he is arrested?
8. What does the man say when he answers the boys' question?
9. How do the boys get away from the man?
10. Since the boys arrive at the dock early what do they do?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)