|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ulf decide to leave when he did?
(a) A storm was coming.
(b) He was behind schedule.
(c) The tide was going out.
(d) He found Beanpole gone.
2. How do Will and Henry feel about being chosen?
(a) Sometimes good sometimes unsure.
(b) They don't think about it.
3. When did the man on the island dad die?
(a) Last year.
(b) He never knew his dad.
(c) When he was fourteen.
(d) Four years ago.
4. What is strange about the man who is on the island?
(a) He has golden eyes.
(b) He is un-capped man.
(c) He is very old.
(d) He has an extremely long beard.
5. What happens to Beanpole when he tries to get some food?
(a) He hurts his hand.
(b) He is slapped in the face.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He gets dirty water thrown on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the man lived on the island?
2. What is the first mate's name?
3. Where does the man on the island go when he leaves the island?
4. What did Beanpole and Will use for a hammer when building their raft?
5. How does Henry feel about not being chosen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Will and Beanpole do when they leave the village?
2. Why do the boys want to win in their sporting event?
3. Where do the boys end up when they get to shore? What is different about the man there and how does he feel about the boys being there?
4. How do the boys end up in the river?
5. How does Henry feel about missing out on the games?
6. What do the boys figure out by lunch time?
7. What does the person the boys see do and what do they ask him?
8. What does Beanpole suggest might be a good way to get downriver?
9. Why does Moritz become concerned when they stop at a small village?
10. Where does Will go to look for Ulf and what does he buy there?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)