|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Will, Henry, and Beanpole at the start of the book?
(a) The City of Gold.
(b) New York.
(c) White Mountain.
(d) On an island.
2. How much dry space is there on the raft?
(a) Three corners.
(b) Half of the raft.
(c) All of the raft.
(d) One corner.
3. Why is Beanpole worried about his practice?
(a) He thinks he can do better.
(b) He sprained his ankle.
(c) He's not worried.
(d) He loses to his competitor often.
4. Why did Will, Henry, and Beanpole travel together?
(a) They ran away from their parents.
(b) To find the people with whom they are living.
(c) As a vacation before college.
(d) To see the sights.
5. What does Will do about the men who are upset?
(a) Let's them dump water on him.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Tells them he's not really from that town.
(d) Gets into a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the captain of the barge?
2. What does Beanpole decide might help the two boys get some food?
3. What is the name of the man on the island?
4. Why are the boys having a difficult time beaching the raft?
5. What was wrong with most of the nails the boys tried to use for the raft?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Will when he is arrested?
2. How do Will and Beanpole get food as they walk and what idea does Beanpole have about getting food? How did that work out for them?
3. What kind of swimmer is Will and how does Beanpole help him?
4. How did Will and his friends learn about White Mountain?
5. What does Beanpole tell Will about what Ulf said about Will not being at the barge?
6. About what do the boys argue and what do they decide while on the river?
7. Since the boys arrive at the dock early what do they do?
8. What does the man say when he answers the boys' question?
9. What does the person the boys see do and what do they ask him?
10. What do the boys do when they wake up and what does Hans show them?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)