|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beanpole decide might help the two boys get some food?
(a) Steal from the market.
(b) Work for dinner.
(c) Act like a vagrant.
(d) Look for berries in the woods.
2. How did Will kill the answer to question #10?
(a) With electricity.
(b) With a knife.
(c) With an arrow.
(d) With an ancient metal ball.
3. What does Ulf do when the barge stops at a small village?
(a) Goes to town to see his wife.
(b) Goes into town on business.
(c) Goes into town to see his parents.
(d) Goes to town for dinner.
4. What happens to Beanpole when he tries to get some food?
(a) He is slapped in the face.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He gets dirty water thrown on him.
(d) He hurts his hand.
5. How much dry space is there on the raft?
(a) Three corners.
(b) All of the raft.
(c) Half of the raft.
(d) One corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys realize by lunch time?
2. Why did Ulf decide to leave when he did?
3. What is the name of the captain of the barge?
4. How does Will get out of his predicament?
5. How does Henry feel about not being chosen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beanpole convince Moritz to do?
2. What do Will and Beanpole do when they leave the village?
3. What does Beanpole think might have happened because the barge was gone?
4. Who elects to stay below deck first and where do they stay?
5. What does Will not want to do for the games and how did he get to White Mountain?
6. Why does Moritz become concerned when they stop at a small village?
7. About what do the boys argue and what do they decide while on the river?
8. What was Will forced to do in his journey to White Mountain?
9. What happens to Will when he is arrested?
10. What kind of swimmer is Will and how does Beanpole help him?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)