|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will and Fritz do with Will's master?
(a) Pours gas bubbles on him and sets him afire.
(b) Hides him in the car.
(c) Puts him in the pool with a lot of empty gas bubbles.
(d) Buries him.
2. What does Will do wrong when he leaves the pool room?
(a) He takes the gas bubbles with him.
(b) He turns on too much hot water.
(c) He forgets to bow to his master.
(d) He turns off the lights.
3. What appears to be wrong with the scenes of landscapes of the world?
(a) Everything is too alive.
(b) There are no humans anywhere.
(c) Everything is blue and red.
(d) Everything is dead.
4. What happens to the competition as the games continue?
(a) It becomes more difficult.
(b) It stays about the same.
(c) It is easier.
(d) The field becomes larger.
5. How do the winners celebrate their victories?
(a) By having their families given money.
(b) A big dance.
(c) An awards ceremony.
(d) A winners' feast.
6. What concerns Beanpole about his loss?
(a) That Will won't like him anymore.
(b) That he will be killed.
(c) That he did it unconsciously out of fear.
(d) That Julius will be upset.
7. What does Fritz tell Will he must do?
(a) Blow up the city.
(b) Leave to protect himself and the mission.
(c) Find another master.
(d) Kill Fritz's master.
8. What does Will have to learn about his master's car?
(a) How to drive it.
(b) Where to park it.
(c) How to fix it.
(d) How to clean it.
9. Why is Will concerned about Fritz?
(a) That Fritz's master beats him.
(b) That Fritz won't make it much longer.
(c) That Fritz is pushing his boundaries.
(d) That Fritz will be killed for being uncapped.
10. Where do Fritz and Will think the best place to leave the city might be?
(a) The river outflow.
(b) During one of the sporting events.
(c) The east city gate.
(d) Hidden in a Tripod.
11. What does Will have to change in his master's bed?
12. What happens to Will as he enters the city?
(a) His skin begins to sting all over.
(b) His eyesight gets blurry.
(c) He light and energetic.
(d) A heaviness comes over him.
13. What do Will and Beanpole have to do before they can move into the competitors' sleeping quarters?
(a) Sign up for the games.
(b) Become capped.
(c) Pay for three nights.
(d) Qualify in their event.
14. Why does Will worry about his action in question #150?
(a) His master might figure out he is not capped.
(b) He likes doing a good job.
(c) He might not get to eat that night.
(d) He might be killed.
15. What kind of illness does Will's master have?
(a) One that is common to the masters.
(b) A rare illness.
(c) An illness the masters get from humans.
(d) An illness the master get from gas bubbles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will's master do often during baths?
2. What does the answer in question #139 do to Will's master?
3. What covers the city of the Tripods?
4. Why does Will's master go into a rage?
5. Where does Will see Fritz for the first time after being chosen by masters?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)