|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will say when his master asks him what he wants?
(a) He says he would like to go swimming.
(b) He says he would like some books to read.
(c) He says he wants some ice cream.
(d) He says he wants to see more of the city.
2. How does Fritz do in his first few matches?
(a) He wins all of them.
(b) He loses half of them.
(c) He wins all but one and comes in second in that one.
(d) He struggles but manages to place second.
3. What do Will and Beanpole have to do before they can move into the competitors' sleeping quarters?
(a) Become capped.
(b) Sign up for the games.
(c) Pay for three nights.
(d) Qualify in their event.
4. What does Will's master do when he comes back into the pool room?
(a) Remarks on his behavior.
(b) Pulls him into the pool.
(c) Beats him.
(d) Makes him stand at attention for an hour.
5. How does Beanpole feel about his loss?
6. Why does Will worry about his action in question #150?
(a) He likes doing a good job.
(b) He might be killed.
(c) His master might figure out he is not capped.
(d) He might not get to eat that night.
7. How does Fritz win in his final race?
(a) He ties for first.
(b) He wins, but barely.
(c) He wins with room to spare.
(d) He comes in second.
8. Why do Fritz and Will walk to the far side of the city?
(a) To collect other humans who want to run.
(b) To find where the river flows out.
(c) To carry the master's body as far away as possible.
(d) To hide from the masters.
9. What does Will do to his master?
(a) Hits him over the head with the book.
(b) Stabs him with a chopping knife.
(c) Kicks him in the legs.
(d) Hits him in the face.
10. What happens to Will after his action in question #173?
(a) He is tossed in the pool.
(b) He is kicked.
(d) He gets thrown across the room.
11. What happens to Will as he enters the city?
(a) His eyesight gets blurry.
(b) He light and energetic.
(c) A heaviness comes over him.
(d) His skin begins to sting all over.
12. What does Will's master do when he gets into a rage?
(a) Breaks Will's arm.
(b) Throws Will outside without a mask.
(c) Beats Will.
(d) Almost drowns Will.
13. How do the winners celebrate their victories?
(a) An awards ceremony.
(b) A winners' feast.
(c) By having their families given money.
(d) A big dance.
14. What does the answer in question #139 do to Will's master?
(a) Intoxicant him.
(b) Tickle him.
(c) Puts him to sleep.
(d) Gives him gas.
15. Why is Beanpole frustrated with his matches?
(a) He is over shadowed by this other tall boy.
(b) He is completely out of the competition.
(c) He loses all of them.
(d) He makes easy mistakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the buildings in the city shaped like?
2. What do Will and Fritz do before they get into their groups the day after the games end?
3. What appears to be wrong with the scenes of landscapes of the world?
4. What kind of illness does Will's master have?
5. What do Will and Fritz do when they see each other for the first time after going with their different masters?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)