|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Beanpole frustrated with his matches?
(a) He makes easy mistakes.
(b) He is completely out of the competition.
(c) He loses all of them.
(d) He is over shadowed by this other tall boy.
2. Why is Will concerned about Fritz?
(a) That Fritz will be killed for being uncapped.
(b) That Fritz's master beats him.
(c) That Fritz is pushing his boundaries.
(d) That Fritz won't make it much longer.
3. How early do Will and Beanpole arrive at the games?
(a) They are two hours late but can still compete.
(b) One day early.
(c) Three hours early.
(d) Two days early.
4. What does Will's master do with Will as he recovers from his illness?
(a) Talks to Will nearly every day.
(b) Eats more food than usual.
(c) Acts slightly senile.
(d) Beats Will often.
5. How do the humans in the city appear?
(a) They seem to have gray skin.
(b) Younger than they really are.
(c) Older than they really are.
(d) The same as any other human.
6. What covers the city of the Tripods?
(a) A gold dome.
(b) A red light.
(c) A gray fog.
(d) A glass dome.
7. Where does the river seem to go at the Tripod city?
(a) It flows through the east part of the city.
(b) Directly into the city at its base.
(c) It stops at the city walls.
(d) It flows in a circle around the city.
8. What does Fritz do to Will?
(a) Hits him in the arm.
(b) Takes his air mask.
(c) Seals his air mask.
(d) Slaps him when Will gets hysterical.
9. What is contained in Will's private room?
(a) A laser light.
(c) An electric force field.
(d) A gray fog.
10. Who pulls Will from the river outside the city?
(c) A Tripod.
11. About what does Will's master ask Will?
(a) Why humans allow the aliens to oppress them.
(b) Human behavior.
(c) How television works.
(d) About Will's early life.
12. What kind of illness does Will's master have?
(a) An illness the masters get from humans.
(b) One that is common to the masters.
(c) An illness the master get from gas bubbles.
(d) A rare illness.
13. In Chapter 8 what does Will's master do when he comes home?
(a) Asks Will to fix him an unusual dinner.
(b) Gets in his pool and asks for gas bubbles.
(c) Removes Will's books from his room.
(d) Hits Will.
14. How do the winners celebrate their victories?
(a) By having their families given money.
(b) A winners' feast.
(c) An awards ceremony.
(d) A big dance.
15. Why is Will becoming worried as the masters look over the athletes?
(a) He is one of the last ones taken.
(b) He is frightened by the procedures.
(c) He is repulsed by their appearances.
(d) He feels sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will do wrong when he leaves the pool room?
2. What does Will do when left in his room?
3. On what does the master begin to take Will?
4. Why do Fritz and Will walk to the far side of the city?
5. Why does Will's master go into a rage?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)