|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the river seem to go at the Tripod city?
(a) It stops at the city walls.
(b) It flows through the east part of the city.
(c) It flows in a circle around the city.
(d) Directly into the city at its base.
2. What shape is the car in which Will goes to his master's house?
3. How does Will do in his first few matches?
(a) He wins all but one and comes in fourth in that one.
(b) He loses half of them.
(c) He wins all but one and comes in second in that one.
(d) He wins them.
4. Why does Will worry about his action in question #150?
(a) He might not get to eat that night.
(b) He likes doing a good job.
(c) His master might figure out he is not capped.
(d) He might be killed.
5. How does Fritz win in his final race?
(a) He wins with room to spare.
(b) He comes in second.
(c) He ties for first.
(d) He wins, but barely.
6. What does Will discover when he returns home after a long errand for his master?
(a) His master is dead.
(b) His master has left.
(c) The master's house is messed up.
(d) His master has gone in his room.
7. What does Will do wrong when he leaves the pool room?
(a) He takes the gas bubbles with him.
(b) He turns off the lights.
(c) He turns on too much hot water.
(d) He forgets to bow to his master.
8. How does Will's master feel about humans?
(a) They are stupid.
(b) They are foolish.
(c) They are fascinating.
(d) They are more intelligent than his race.
9. Why does Will think he might not be able to exploit his master's talks with him?
(a) He might get angry.
(b) He might figure out he's not capped.
(c) He might think Will is too smart.
(d) He might think Will is a spy.
10. What does Will's master say is the method by which the aliens conquered earth?
(a) By controlling the weather.
(b) By possessing the leaders of the world.
(c) Through mind control.
(d) By putting drugs in the air.
11. What does Will's master do often during baths?
(a) Eats dinner.
(b) Talks to Will.
(c) Has a woman with him.
(d) Watches television.
12. How early do Will and Beanpole arrive at the games?
(a) They are two hours late but can still compete.
(b) Two days early.
(c) One day early.
(d) Three hours early.
13. What happens to slaves who go to the place in question #137?
(a) They are released back into the human population.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They are healed.
(d) No one knows what happens there.
14. Why is Will becoming worried as the masters look over the athletes?
(a) He is frightened by the procedures.
(b) He is one of the last ones taken.
(c) He feels sick.
(d) He is repulsed by their appearances.
15. How do the winners celebrate their victories?
(a) A winners' feast.
(b) By having their families given money.
(c) An awards ceremony.
(d) A big dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Will wear at all times inside the city?
2. What does Will's master do when he sees Will?
3. What does Will's master do when he gets into a rage?
4. Why do Fritz and Will walk to the far side of the city?
5. What concerns Beanpole about his loss?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)