|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does the master begin to take Will?
(a) On the train that circles the city.
(b) On plane rides.
(c) Tours of the city.
(d) His business trips.
2. What is the air like outside the building when the athletes leave the induction center?
(a) Overwhelmingly hot and moist.
(b) Cool and moist.
(c) Cold and icy.
(d) Cool and dry.
3. How does Fritz win in his final race?
(a) He ties for first.
(b) He wins, but barely.
(c) He wins with room to spare.
(d) He comes in second.
4. What does Will do to his master?
(a) Kicks him in the legs.
(b) Hits him over the head with the book.
(c) Hits him in the face.
(d) Stabs him with a chopping knife.
5. What is in the room the master thinks is the best room?
(a) Huge plants and insects.
(b) Statues of humans.
(c) Dead human girls.
(d) Large spiders which spin intricate webs.
6. What happens to slaves who go to the place in question #137?
(a) They are released back into the human population.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They are healed.
(d) No one knows what happens there.
7. What happens to the competition as the games continue?
(a) It becomes more difficult.
(b) It stays about the same.
(c) The field becomes larger.
(d) It is easier.
8. What do Will and Fritz talk about when they see each other in Chapter 9?
(a) What kind of food poisons masters.
(b) Finding out the central air facilities.
(c) Getting out of the city.
(d) Killing the aliens.
9. Why does Will's master go into a rage?
(a) He used too many gas bubbles.
(b) Will said no to him.
(c) He slipped on some water.
(d) Will doesn't have the house clean.
10. What does Will do when left in his room?
(a) Play a video game.
(b) Fall asleep.
(c) Slip out.
(d) Destroy the room.
11. How far up is Will's master's home?
(a) At the very top.
(b) At the very bottom.
(c) Near the bottom.
(d) About mid-way up.
12. Why is Will concerned about Fritz?
(a) That Fritz is pushing his boundaries.
(b) That Fritz won't make it much longer.
(c) That Fritz will be killed for being uncapped.
(d) That Fritz's master beats him.
13. What does Will's master do often during baths?
(a) Talks to Will.
(b) Eats dinner.
(c) Watches television.
(d) Has a woman with him.
14. How does Beanpole feel about his loss?
15. What shape is the car in which Will goes to his master's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fritz tell Will about what he saw on a globe?
2. What does Will find out about how Fritz is being treated?
3. Where do Fritz and Will think the best place to leave the city might be?
4. What does Will's master likes to have when he takes baths?
5. Why is Will becoming worried as the masters look over the athletes?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)