|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will's master say is the method by which the aliens conquered earth?
(a) By possessing the leaders of the world.
(b) By putting drugs in the air.
(c) By controlling the weather.
(d) Through mind control.
2. Who greets the athletes when they are directed into a room?
(a) An alien.
(b) A human instructor.
(c) Two women in white gowns.
(d) A voice from a loud speaker.
3. What does Will and Fritz do with Will's master?
(a) Hides him in the car.
(b) Pours gas bubbles on him and sets him afire.
(c) Buries him.
(d) Puts him in the pool with a lot of empty gas bubbles.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 8, Will gets a call to do what?
(a) Pick his master up at work early.
(b) Go to the city gates to meet his master.
(c) Go to the Human Museum.
(d) Pick his master up at the hospital.
5. What are the buildings in the city shaped like?
6. What does Will find out about how Fritz is being treated?
(a) He has only seen his master twice.
(b) He is being beat a lot.
(c) He is actually happy with such a wonderful master.
(d) He has a great deal of freedom.
7. About what does Will's master ask Will?
(a) About Will's early life.
(b) Why humans allow the aliens to oppress them.
(c) Human behavior.
(d) How television works.
8. What does Fritz tell Will he must do?
(a) Kill Fritz's master.
(b) Leave to protect himself and the mission.
(c) Blow up the city.
(d) Find another master.
9. What does Will's master do when he gets into a rage?
(a) Throws Will outside without a mask.
(b) Breaks Will's arm.
(c) Almost drowns Will.
(d) Beats Will.
10. What did Fritz see on the globe besides the answer to #135?
(a) Where the river enters the city.
(b) Where the city ends.
(c) Where the river circles the city.
(d) How large the city is.
11. How does Beanpole feel about his loss?
12. What happens to Will after his action in question #173?
(a) He is tossed in the pool.
(b) He is kicked.
(c) He gets thrown across the room.
13. What do Will and Beanpole have to do before they can move into the competitors' sleeping quarters?
(a) Pay for three nights.
(b) Qualify in their event.
(c) Sign up for the games.
(d) Become capped.
14. What is the air like outside the building when the athletes leave the induction center?
(a) Cool and dry.
(b) Cool and moist.
(c) Cold and icy.
(d) Overwhelmingly hot and moist.
15. What does Will begin to do with the book his master has allowed him to read?
(a) Take notes in the margins.
(b) Tear out the pages.
(c) Read it out loud.
(d) Use the pages for fires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will have to change in his master's bed?
2. What shape is the car in which Will goes to his master's house?
3. What happens to the competition as the games continue?
4. On what does the master begin to take Will?
5. What is expected when the masters beat their human slaves?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)