|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will's master feel about humans?
(a) They are stupid.
(b) They are more intelligent than his race.
(c) They are fascinating.
(d) They are foolish.
2. What does Will's master decide is his and Will's relationship?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are business partners.
(c) They are nothing but slave and master.
(d) They are enemies.
3. What does Fritz tell Will about what he saw on a globe?
(a) Much of the world has been rearranged by the aliens.
(b) There are two Tripod cities.
(c) There are three Tripod cities.
(d) There are no other Tripod cities.
4. What is one of the types of events masters attend?
(a) Sporting events.
(c) Polictical rallies.
(d) Educational lectures.
5. How far up is Will's master's home?
(a) About mid-way up.
(b) At the very top.
(c) Near the bottom.
(d) At the very bottom.
6. What appears to be wrong with the scenes of landscapes of the world?
(a) Everything is dead.
(b) There are no humans anywhere.
(c) Everything is blue and red.
(d) Everything is too alive.
7. What is in the room the master thinks is the best room?
(a) Dead human girls.
(b) Large spiders which spin intricate webs.
(c) Statues of humans.
(d) Huge plants and insects.
8. Why does Will worry about his action in question #150?
(a) He likes doing a good job.
(b) He might not get to eat that night.
(c) He might be killed.
(d) His master might figure out he is not capped.
9. Why is Will becoming worried as the masters look over the athletes?
(a) He is repulsed by their appearances.
(b) He is one of the last ones taken.
(c) He is frightened by the procedures.
(d) He feels sick.
10. What does Will's master say is the method by which the aliens conquered earth?
(a) Through mind control.
(b) By putting drugs in the air.
(c) By controlling the weather.
(d) By possessing the leaders of the world.
11. What happens to slaves who go to the place in question #137?
(a) No one knows what happens there.
(b) They are released back into the human population.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are healed.
12. Who greets the athletes when they are directed into a room?
(a) A voice from a loud speaker.
(b) An alien.
(c) A human instructor.
(d) Two women in white gowns.
13. How does Fritz win in his final race?
(a) He comes in second.
(b) He wins, but barely.
(c) He wins with room to spare.
(d) He ties for first.
14. Why is Will concerned about Fritz?
(a) That Fritz's master beats him.
(b) That Fritz is pushing his boundaries.
(c) That Fritz won't make it much longer.
(d) That Fritz will be killed for being uncapped.
15. Why does Will's master go into a rage?
(a) Will said no to him.
(b) Will doesn't have the house clean.
(c) He used too many gas bubbles.
(d) He slipped on some water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will's master do when he sees Will?
2. What does Will begin to do with the book his master has allowed him to read?
3. How long does Will wait to see if Fritz comes?
4. What happens to Will after his action in question #173?
5. What does Fritz tell Will he must do?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)