|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fritz do to Will?
(a) Hits him in the arm.
(b) Takes his air mask.
(c) Seals his air mask.
(d) Slaps him when Will gets hysterical.
2. What does Will's master say is the method by which the aliens conquered earth?
(a) By controlling the weather.
(b) By possessing the leaders of the world.
(c) By putting drugs in the air.
(d) Through mind control.
3. What does Will's master likes to have when he takes baths?
(b) Gas bubbles.
(c) Lit candles.
4. How do the humans in the city appear?
(a) The same as any other human.
(b) Older than they really are.
(c) Younger than they really are.
(d) They seem to have gray skin.
5. Where do Fritz and Will think the best place to leave the city might be?
(a) The east city gate.
(b) The river outflow.
(c) During one of the sporting events.
(d) Hidden in a Tripod.
6. What does Will do to his master?
(a) Kicks him in the legs.
(b) Hits him over the head with the book.
(c) Stabs him with a chopping knife.
(d) Hits him in the face.
7. Who greets the athletes when they are directed into a room?
(a) Two women in white gowns.
(b) A human instructor.
(c) An alien.
(d) A voice from a loud speaker.
8. How do the winners celebrate their victories?
(a) By having their families given money.
(b) A big dance.
(c) A winners' feast.
(d) An awards ceremony.
9. What does Will's master do when he gets into a rage?
(a) Breaks Will's arm.
(b) Beats Will.
(c) Throws Will outside without a mask.
(d) Almost drowns Will.
10. What kind of illness does Will's master have?
(a) An illness the masters get from humans.
(b) One that is common to the masters.
(c) A rare illness.
(d) An illness the master get from gas bubbles.
11. What do Will and Fritz talk about when they see each other in Chapter 9?
(a) Killing the aliens.
(b) Finding out the central air facilities.
(c) Getting out of the city.
(d) What kind of food poisons masters.
12. What happens to Will after his action in question #173?
(a) He is kicked.
(b) He is tossed in the pool.
(d) He gets thrown across the room.
13. Where is Will expected to drive his master?
(a) To museums and libraries.
(b) To work and the library.
(c) To work and social functions.
(d) To social functions and the museum.
14. What must Will wear at all times inside the city?
(a) Black gloves.
(b) Wet suits.
(c) An air mask.
(d) An identification tag.
15. In Chapter 8 what does Will's master do when he comes home?
(a) Gets in his pool and asks for gas bubbles.
(b) Hits Will.
(c) Removes Will's books from his room.
(d) Asks Will to fix him an unusual dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will do in his first few matches?
2. What does the location of Will's master's home suggest?
3. Why does Will's master go into a rage?
4. What is the air like outside the building when the athletes leave the induction center?
5. Where does Will see Fritz for the first time after being chosen by masters?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)