|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Will, Henry, and Beanpole travel together?
(a) To see the sights.
(b) To find the people with whom they are living.
(c) As a vacation before college.
(d) They ran away from their parents.
2. What is Will told to curb in his personality?
(a) His tendency to whine.
(b) His friendly demeanor.
(c) His humor.
(d) His impetuous nature.
3. What happened at the first house on whose door Beanpole knocked for food?
(a) No one was home.
(b) They dumped eggs on him.
(c) The porch step broke.
(d) Someone yelled at him to go away.
4. Where does the island man take the boys?
(a) To a forest.
(b) To his home.
(c) To the village.
(d) To his boat.
5. What was wrong with most of the nails the boys tried to use for the raft?
(a) They were too thin.
(b) They were too short.
(d) They were twisted and rusted.
6. What did the boys find to eat at the river side as they were launching their raft?
(a) A nest of bird eggs.
(b) A dead fish.
(c) Water lilies.
7. How did Will kill the answer to question #10?
(a) With an arrow.
(b) With an ancient metal ball.
(c) With electricity.
(d) With a knife.
8. Why does Beanpole suggest they make a raft?
(a) To speed up their journey.
(b) So they don't have to walk.
(c) To catch some fish.
(d) To help find a barge.
9. What is the name of the man on the island?
10. With what are the three boys fitted?
(a) Good running shoes.
(b) A fake cap.
(c) Athletic wear.
(d) A suit of clothes.
11. Where did Will, Henry, and Beanpole travel together?
12. What does the man give Beanpole and Will?
(a) A couple of old books.
(b) Food and dry clothes.
(c) A boat.
13. How does the man on the island feel about meeting the boys?
(a) Reluctant and relieved.
14. How many days early do the boys arrive at the docks?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two days.
15. Why is the man on the island not capped?
(a) He is from another country.
(b) He has removed his cap.
(c) He works for the Tripods.
(d) He has never been around people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Will reminded of when he sees the answer to question #36?
2. Where does the man on the island go when he leaves the island?
3. Why did Ulf decide to leave when he did?
4. Where do the boys stay when they are below deck?
5. Why are the boys having a difficult time beaching the raft?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)