|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days early do the boys arrive at the docks?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Five days.
(d) One day.
2. For what reason is Will chosen to go to the games?
(a) His strength and experience.
(b) His pessimism.
(c) His happy nature.
(d) His temper.
3. How long have the boys been without food?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Twelve hours.
4. How does Beanpole save Will's life?
(a) Gives him artificial respiration.
(b) Stops the bleeding from his arm.
(c) Pushes on his back making the water come out of his lungs.
(d) Pulls him from the water.
5. Why do Beanpole and Will start to walk downriver?
(a) To go back home.
(b) To be out of the village before they discover Will gone.
(c) To go to the Tripod City.
(d) To try and find a boat.
6. What did the boys find to eat at the river side as they were launching their raft?
(a) A nest of bird eggs.
(c) A dead fish.
(d) Water lilies.
7. What does Beanpole decide might help the two boys get some food?
(a) Steal from the market.
(b) Act like a vagrant.
(c) Work for dinner.
(d) Look for berries in the woods.
8. How does the man on the island feel about the Tripods?
(a) He is working with them.
(b) He thinks they are good for the earth.
(c) He has no hostility towards them.
(d) He hates them.
9. What happens to the boys' raft?
(b) It sinks.
(c) It becomes slimy from being wet.
(d) A Tripod breaks it up.
10. What happens to people who enter the Tripod City?
(a) They are murdered.
(b) They become rich.
(c) They beome rulers.
(d) They never come out.
11. Why do Will, Henry, and Beanpole want to win at the games?
(a) To get inside the Tripod City.
(b) To impress the girls.
(c) For money.
(d) For glory and a medal.
12. Where does Will go to look for Moritz?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the police station.
(c) To a bar.
(d) In looks in the farmer's market.
13. When does the man wake the boys the next morning?
(a) Very early.
(b) They sleep until noon.
(c) He wakes them up at 8 A.M.
(d) He waits for them to wake.
14. Why does Beanpole suggest they make a raft?
(a) To help find a barge.
(b) So they don't have to walk.
(c) To speed up their journey.
(d) To catch some fish.
15. What do caps do to humans?
(a) Controls their thoughts and behaviors.
(b) Shortens their lifespan as a population control.
(c) Punishes them.
(d) Makes them very smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first mate's name?
2. Who does Will want to go to the games with him?
3. What is Will told to curb in his personality?
4. What does the man on the island want the boys to do?
5. From what village did Will come?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)