|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will feel about Fritz's response to him?
2. How does the man on the island feel about the Tripods?
(a) He is working with them.
(b) He has no hostility towards them.
(c) He thinks they are good for the earth.
(d) He hates them.
3. What does Will find at the dock when he returns there?
(a) The barge is gone.
(b) Ulf is in a rage.
(c) Moritz is in trouble with Ulf.
(d) Beanpole beat him back.
4. What does Beanpole convince Moritz to do when Ulf hasn't returned by evening?
(a) To call the police.
(b) To let Will go look for Moritz.
(c) To let him go look for Moritz.
(d) To leave the town.
5. How long do the boys think the work will take?
(a) A week.
(b) They should be done by evening.
(c) Several days.
(d) They don't know.
6. What hit Will on the head in the river?
(a) A log.
(b) A plank from the raft.
(c) A rock.
(d) An oar.
7. When does Moritz become worried about Ulf?
(a) When he doesn't return in a few hours.
(b) When a messenger arrives at the barge.
(c) When the police siren goes off.
(d) When he hears gunfire.
8. Who did Will have to kill while he, Henry, and Beanpole were traveling?
(a) A Tripod.
(b) A rabid dog.
(c) A criminal.
(d) A mountain lion.
9. Where did Will, Henry, and Beanpole travel together?
10. Where does the island man take the boys?
(a) To a forest.
(b) To his boat.
(c) To the village.
(d) To his home.
11. From what place does Will tell a man he has come?
12. What happens to Beanpole when he tries to get some food?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He hurts his hand.
(c) He gets dirty water thrown on him.
(d) He is slapped in the face.
13. Where are Will, Henry, and Beanpole at the start of the book?
(a) The City of Gold.
(b) On an island.
(c) New York.
(d) White Mountain.
14. What time did Ulf say they were leaving the village?
(a) By noon the next day.
(b) The moment he returned.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At midnight.
15. With what are the three boys fitted?
(a) Good running shoes.
(b) A suit of clothes.
(c) Athletic wear.
(d) A fake cap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will go to look for Moritz?
2. What does Beanpole tell the man on the island is the reason Will keeps asking about fighting the Tripods?
3. What did Beanpole and Will use for a hammer when building their raft?
4. What does Ulf do when the barge stops at a small village?
5. Why does Beanpole suggest they make a raft?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)