|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Will and Henry feel about being chosen?
(a) They don't think about it.
(b) Sometimes good sometimes unsure.
2. Why do Beanpole and Will start to walk downriver?
(a) To try and find a boat.
(b) To go back home.
(c) To go to the Tripod City.
(d) To be out of the village before they discover Will gone.
3. Where does the man on the island go when he leaves the island?
(a) To visit his mother.
(b) A nearby village.
(c) To visit his dad.
(d) To the Tripod City.
4. What is the name of the barge that will take the boys to the games?
(d) River Queen.
5. What happens to people who enter the Tripod City?
(a) They are murdered.
(b) They never come out.
(c) They become rich.
(d) They beome rulers.
6. How does Beanpole save Will's life?
(a) Gives him artificial respiration.
(b) Pulls him from the water.
(c) Pushes on his back making the water come out of his lungs.
(d) Stops the bleeding from his arm.
7. From what place does Will tell a man he has come?
8. What does Beanpole convince Moritz to do when Ulf hasn't returned by evening?
(a) To call the police.
(b) To leave the town.
(c) To let him go look for Moritz.
(d) To let Will go look for Moritz.
9. How long have the boys been without food?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Twelve hours.
10. Why did Will, Henry, and Beanpole travel together?
(a) To find the people with whom they are living.
(b) To see the sights.
(c) They ran away from their parents.
(d) As a vacation before college.
11. What was growing in the field on the island?
12. Begin their journey to the games?
(a) They will walk.
(b) On horses.
(c) On a train.
(d) On an airplane.
13. What was wrong with most of the nails the boys tried to use for the raft?
(b) They were twisted and rusted.
(c) They were too thin.
(d) They were too short.
14. Where does the island man take the boys?
(a) To the village.
(b) To his boat.
(c) To a forest.
(d) To his home.
15. Who tells the boys of the plans for the competitors?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what village did Will come?
2. What does Beanpole tell Will as they walk downriver?
3. What hit Will on the head in the river?
4. Where are Will, Henry, and Beanpole at the start of the book?
5. Why can't the man on the island do his own work?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)