|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, I Strike a Desperate Blow, Chapter 10, Under the Golden Wall, and Chapter 11, Two Go Home.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man on the island say he will pay the boys for work?
(a) He just wants it done as a favor.
(b) By taking them in his boat to the games.
(c) With gold.
(d) With the food and clothes he gave them.
2. With what do the boys use to build a raft?
(a) One wall of a building.
(b) Some plastic milk jugs.
(c) A couple of wooden barrels.
(d) Some saplings they push over.
3. What does Beanpole decide might help the two boys get some food?
(a) Act like a vagrant.
(b) Work for dinner.
(c) Steal from the market.
(d) Look for berries in the woods.
4. How does Will feel about Fritz's response to him?
5. What does Will's master do when he comes back into the pool room?
(a) Pulls him into the pool.
(b) Beats him.
(c) Remarks on his behavior.
(d) Makes him stand at attention for an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What picks up the groups of winners?
2. What do Will and Fritz do before they get into their groups the day after the games end?
3. What happens to slaves who go to the place in question #137?
4. What does Will have to change in his master's bed?
5. What does Fritz do to Will?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)