|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Hermit of the Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the boys find to eat at the river side as they were launching their raft?
(a) A dead fish.
(b) A nest of bird eggs.
(c) Water lilies.
2. Why was the vagrant Will spoke with wearing a fake cap?
(a) He was too strong willed for a real one.
(b) His mind couldn't handle a real one.
(c) He was deep in the mountains on his fourteenth birthday.
(d) His parents were part of the resistance.
3. Who does Will want to go to the games with him?
(a) His cousin, Fritz.
(b) His dog.
(c) His father.
(d) His two best friends.
4. How does Beanpole save Will's life?
(a) Pulls him from the water.
(b) Pushes on his back making the water come out of his lungs.
(c) Gives him artificial respiration.
(d) Stops the bleeding from his arm.
5. Who tells the boys of the plans for the competitors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Ulf say they were leaving the village?
2. What was wrong with most of the nails the boys tried to use for the raft?
3. When does the man wake the boys the next morning?
4. What hit Will on the head in the river?
5. What did Beanpole and Will use for a hammer when building their raft?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)