|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Prisoner in the Pit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Will told to curb in his personality?
(a) His tendency to whine.
(b) His humor.
(c) His friendly demeanor.
(d) His impetuous nature.
2. Why did Will, Henry, and Beanpole travel together?
(a) They ran away from their parents.
(b) As a vacation before college.
(c) To find the people with whom they are living.
(d) To see the sights.
3. Who tells the boys of the plans for the competitors?
4. How does Fritz respond to Will's friendly overtures?
(a) With silence.
(b) He doesn't, he's shy.
(c) With scorn.
(d) With friendliness.
5. What does Ulf do when the barge stops at a small village?
(a) Goes to town for dinner.
(b) Goes to town to see his wife.
(c) Goes into town on business.
(d) Goes into town to see his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the captain of the barge?
2. What is different about the two men who will get the competitors to the games?
3. What does the boys' guide do when they reach the docks?
4. Where are Will, Henry, and Beanpole at the start of the book?
5. Why do the men get agitated when Will tells them the place he is supposedly from?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)