|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, A Raft on the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the boys having a difficult time beaching the raft?
(a) They have no strength from not eating.
(b) The current is too strong.
(c) They have no means to steer it.
(d) The banks are too far away.
2. What does Beanpole tell Will as they walk downriver?
(a) What happened with Ulf.
(b) Why Moritz was angry.
(c) How to fish with no pole.
(d) Where the river goes.
3. What does Will do about the men who are upset?
(a) Tells them he's not really from that town.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Let's them dump water on him.
(d) Gets into a fight.
4. Why is Fritz chosen to go to the games?
(a) He has been with the group the longest.
(b) He likes to be alone.
(c) He can shoot a bow better than anyone.
(d) For his strength and ability to succeed.
5. How long does it take the boys to make a raft?
(a) A couple of hours.
(b) Most of the morning.
(c) All day.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first mate's name?
2. When does Moritz become worried about Ulf?
3. From what place does Will tell a man he has come?
4. What is the name of the captain of the barge?
5. What does Will find at the dock when he returns there?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)