|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does da Mosto tell the narrator they will be able to recreate now that they found the architectural plans drawn up in 1836?
2. How does Migliori intend to secure the fresco?
3. How is Patricia Curtis dressed when the narrator first sees her?
4. What does the graffiti the narrator begins to notice around Venice claim loneliness is?
5. What statement does Gae Aulenti make upon hearing the news of her expulsion from the rebuilding project?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story of Daniel Curtis's expatriation to Venice.
2. Describe what Casson tells the narrator made him certain that Carella and Marchetti were guilty.
3. Describe Larry Lovett and his position with Save Venice.
4. Explain the situation that occurs with the seagull and the pigeon while the narrator is talking to Ludovico De Luigi at the beginning of Chapter 10 and its significance.
5. Describe what Gilberto Paggiaro has told Casson that he did from the moment he set out on his rounds at 8:30 to when he greeted the policeman in front of the opera house.
6. Describe Mayor Costa's role in the Fenice rebuilding.
7. Describe Bob Guthrie and his position with Save Venice.
8. What is De Luigi's opinion of what's happening with the building project in Chapter 11?
9. Explain who Gianni Agnelli is and why he's considered the favorite to win the bidding competition for the rebuilding of the Fenice.
10. Describe Mario Stefani and his role within Venice.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What graffiti message is Stefani supposed to have left throughout Venice shortly before his death, and how does this message relate to Venice as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conflict between nobility and democracy the narrator weaves at the Carnival ball in Chapter 6 through the narrative about the characters of Alvise Loredan and the "Rat Man" of Treviso, and explain how this conflict is relevant to Venetian culture as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the narrator says at the beginning of Chapter 2 about Venice's beauty and how this relates to his explanation of the fall of Venice at the end of the chapter.
This section contains 1,672 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)