|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count say would have to happen for him to let go of his anger?
2. What animal does the narrator physically compare Venice to?
3. Which covert paramilitary operation was Casson responsible for uncovering?
4. Which paper does the narrator mention that reports on the many suspicious coincidences surrounding the Fenice fire?
5. What was the floor in Rose and Peter's basement apartment previously made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Capitano Mario Moro.
2. What is the pigeon problem in Venice and how is it being dealt with?
3. What does the narrator say about Venice at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. How does the panel of experts come to the conclusion that the Fenice fire must not have been caused by arson?
5. What examples does the narrator give for the public outpouring of support after the fire at the Fenice?
6. Explain what Guerrino Lovato tells the narrator about the interior of the Fenice.
7. How does the Count Giovanni Volpi describe his father?
8. Describe the Plant Man.
9. What does Giampaolo Seguso tell the narrator about the rift with his family?
10. How did Felice Casson establish himself as a hard-driving investigator?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the artist Ludovico De Luigi's view of the Fenice fire and the rebuilding of the opera house, and explain the significance of his view for Venetian politics.
Essay Topic 2
Drawing on what you know about the book's critical reception, explain how the author's own telling of the story plays in to the book's theme of truth and deception.
Essay Topic 3
What graffiti message is Stefani supposed to have left throughout Venice shortly before his death, and how does this message relate to Venice as a whole?
This section contains 1,383 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)