|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the officials are quick to do at the meeting in the Ateneo Veneto?
2. Who does Rose recall living next to in Venice?
3. What kind of uniform is Capitano Mario Moro wearing the second time the narrator sees him?
4. What are Signor and Signora Seguso doing when they notice the fire?
5. What does the Count say would have to happen for him to let go of his anger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What examples does the narrator give for the public outpouring of support after the fire at the Fenice?
2. Describe the exchange between Ludovico De Luigi and Venice's mayor during the meeting at the Ateneo Veneto in Chapter 2.
3. Paraphrase what Alvise Loredan tells the narrator at the Carnival ball in Chapter 6.
4. Describe what Gilberto Paggiaro has told Casson that he did from the moment he set out on his rounds at 8:30 to when he greeted the policeman in front of the opera house.
5. How did Felice Casson establish himself as a hard-driving investigator?
6. Describe the problem Patricia Curtis has with her siblings and the Palazzo.
7. Explain the situation that occurs with the seagull and the pigeon while the narrator is talking to Ludovico De Luigi at the beginning of Chapter 10 and its significance.
8. Describe Capitano Mario Moro.
9. Describe Jane Rylands's involvement with Olga.
10. Explain Rose Lauritzen's problems with the "magazzino" as detailed in Chapter 3.
Essay Topic 1
Using what you know about his uncovering of Gladio, explain how Felice Casson is presented in the book as being a bearer of justice.
Essay Topic 2
Using Ezra Pound and Peggy Guggenheim as examples, describe what the Lauritzens say the social life in Venice is like.
Essay Topic 3
Using the Lauritzens "magazzino" as an example, explain the differences between the Venetian and Anglo-Saxon mentalities as described in Chapter 3.
This section contains 2,279 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)