|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rhythm does Count Marcello tell the narrator that Venice follows?
2. What does the Plant Man like to ask people?
3. What does Dr. Scattolin say will happen to the healthy pigeons?
4. What object does a Sicilian prince bring to Signor Seguso in order to authenticate it?
5. Who enters into a P.R. war with Luciano Pavarotti over the benefit concert for the rebuilding of the Fenice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Fenice custodian's attorney say about the panel of experts?
2. Who is Peter Lauritzen and how has he established himself in Venice?
3. How does Archimede Seguso react to the fire?
4. What does Gino Seguso tell the narrator about Giampaolo's actions and intentions since Giampaolo left the company?
5. What does Rosa Barovier tell the narrator about Murano and the Seguso family?
6. Explain what Rose tells the narrator about the safety of the city of Venice.
7. Explain what Guerrino Lovato tells the narrator about the interior of the Fenice.
8. What does the narrator learn about Alistair McAlpine at the party?
9. What does Count Marcello seem to believe about the fire and how does he back up his opinion?
10. What does Giampaolo Seguso tell the narrator about the rift with his family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What graffiti message is Stefani supposed to have left throughout Venice shortly before his death, and how does this message relate to Venice as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the controversy surrounding Mario Stefani's death and how this controversy relates to the book's overall theme of truth and deception.
Essay Topic 3
Using Ezra Pound and Peggy Guggenheim as examples, describe what the Lauritzens say the social life in Venice is like.
This section contains 1,533 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)