|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Venetian glassblowers traditionally work?
2. Who does Rose say the McAlpines are "hiding out" in Venice from?
3. What word does Woody Allen use to describe the devastation at the Fenice?
4. Why does Giampaolo say he trademarked the name Archimede Seguso?
5. What are Signor and Signora Seguso doing when they notice the fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Guerrino Lovato tells the narrator about the interior of the Fenice.
2. Describe the Plant Man.
3. What does Gino Seguso tell the narrator about Giampaolo's actions and intentions since Giampaolo left the company?
4. Paraphrase what Alvise Loredan tells the narrator at the Carnival ball in Chapter 6.
5. How does the Count Giovanni Volpi describe his father?
6. What does Count Marcello seem to believe about the fire and how does he back up his opinion?
7. Explain what Rose tells the narrator about the safety of the city of Venice.
8. What examples does the narrator give for the public outpouring of support after the fire at the Fenice?
9. Describe Archimede Seguso's state of mind and his activities since the Fenice fire.
10. How does Archimede Seguso react to the fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What graffiti message is Stefani supposed to have left throughout Venice shortly before his death, and how does this message relate to Venice as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Using Archimede Seguso's "La Fenice" collection as an example, explain how beauty and neglect resurface throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using what you know about his uncovering of Gladio, explain how Felice Casson is presented in the book as being a bearer of justice.
This section contains 1,470 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)