|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stefani say is the most nonconformist act he knows?
(a) Telling the truth.
(b) Speaking your mind.
(c) Being gay.
(d) Being a poet.
2. Which prize was offered to Lawrence Dow Lovett in Chapter 12?
(a) The Cooper-Hewitt National Design Award.
(b) The Pritzker Prize.
(c) The Aga Khan Award for Architecture.
(d) The Pietro Torta Prize.
3. How many electricians were in the Fenice after the rest of the reconstruction staff had gone home?
4. What does the narrator tell the reader about da Mosto's father?
(a) He's a fascist.
(b) He's a separatist.
(c) He's a racist.
(d) He's a socialist.
5. What is "The Barbaro Project"?
(a) A project to restore the Palazzo to its original state.
(b) A project to write a book about the Palazzo.
(c) A project to restore the Palazzo to its original owners.
(d) A project to send the world's nuclear fire codes to Mars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous Sargent painting did Ariana Curtis refuse to accept as a gift?
2. What does Carella give as an excuse for being found in the attic of the Fenice in his street clothes?
3. Who was the Fenice's custodian at the time of the fire?
4. What does De Luigi say he is painting while he is working on a jeweled dress floating against a barren landscape?
5. Which part of the Palazzo do the Curtises sell in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain who Gianni Agnelli is and why he's considered the favorite to win the bidding competition for the rebuilding of the Fenice.
2. What does the narrator learn about the frescoes inside the Fenice?
3. What is De Luigi's opinion of what's happening with the building project in Chapter 11?
4. Explain the allegations against Renato Carella and how his story finally ends in Chapter 14.
5. Describe Gianpietro Zucchetta's view of the fire and Casson's investigation.
6. Why is Countess Marcello so valuable to Save Venice?
7. Explain Albert Gardin's suspicions about Stefani's death.
8. Describe the feelings Daniel Curtis, Patricia's son, has about the Palazzo.
9. Describe what Gilberto Paggiaro has told Casson that he did from the moment he set out on his rounds at 8:30 to when he greeted the policeman in front of the opera house.
10. Describe Mario Stefani and his role within Venice.
This section contains 1,757 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)