|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count say would have to happen for him to let go of his anger?
(a) The Comune would have to apologize for the damages done to his father's reputation.
(b) His half-sisters and their husbands would have to apologize.
(c) Venice would have to repay him for the damages done to his father's estate.
(d) Venice would have to name a street or square after his father.
2. What does the Plant Man like to ask people?
(a) "Where are you going?"
(b) "Do you need a plant?"
(c) "What's your favorite flower?"
(d) "Have you got a house?"
3. What rhythm does Count Marcello tell the narrator that Venice follows?
(a) The rhythm of bella Italia.
(b) The rhythm of Carnival.
(c) The rhythm of the water.
(d) The rhythm of the wheel.
4. Where do Venetian glassblowers traditionally work?
(a) On San Michele.
(b) On Tronchetto.
(c) On Giudecca.
(d) On Murano.
5. Who is at the top of the prosecutor's list of possible defendants regarding the Fenice fire?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The director of the restoration work at the Fenice.
(c) The Fenice's general manager.
(d) The Prime Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Count Giuseppe Volpi live?
2. What kind of mentality does Peter say doesn't exist in Venice?
3. What kind of uniform is Capitano Mario Moro wearing the second time the narrator sees him?
4. What did Giampaolo give each of his family members at his fiftieth birthday party?
5. Why did Massimo Donadon give his company a German name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Felice Casson establish himself as a hard-driving investigator?
2. What does Peter say to the narrator about "sloganeering"?
3. Describe Rose's experiences with Ezra Pound.
4. How does the Count Giovanni Volpi describe his father?
5. What does Count Marcello seem to believe about the fire and how does he back up his opinion?
6. What problem does the fire create for Signora Marcello, and how does she deal with the problem?
7. Describe the Plant Man.
8. Describe Archimede Seguso's state of mind and his activities since the Fenice fire.
9. Explain what Guerrino Lovato tells the narrator about the interior of the Fenice.
10. What does the narrator learn about Alistair McAlpine at the party?
This section contains 1,479 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)