|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack Wasserman think of Larry Lovett?
(a) His contribution to Save Venice in the form of celebrity and royal attention far outweighs Guthrie's contribution.
(b) He has never been smart enough for Save Venice.
(c) He's aloof and doesn't do the work required for Save Venice.
(d) His behavior is threatening to destroy Save Venice.
2. What was found in the remnants of the floorboards of the Fenice?
(a) A highly combustible solvent.
(b) A remnant of a cigarette.
(c) Electrical sparks.
(d) Blowtorch marks.
3. What was Stefani wearing when he was found in his apartment?
(a) A Carnival costume.
(b) Just a T-shirt.
(c) A pair of jeans and red suspenders.
(d) A wrinkled shirt and baggy trousers.
4. Who did Jane Rylands want painted into the portrait of Dadie Rylands she had commissioned?
(a) The last Roman emperor.
(b) Peggy Guggenheim.
(c) Julian Barrow.
(d) Philip Rylands.
5. Which famous Sargent painting did Ariana Curtis refuse to accept as a gift?
(a) "Portrait of Mrs. Daniel Sargent Curtis."
(b) "An Interior in Venice."
(c) "Madame X."
(d) "Head of an Italian Woman."
6. What kind of bird attacks the pigeon while the narrator is talking to Ludovico De Luigi at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) An albatross.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A pelican.
(d) A seagull.
7. What does the narrator say De Luigi's painted flames match?
(a) His gondola.
(b) His pants.
(c) His dinner jacket.
(d) His temperament.
8. Where does the notary say he found Stefani's last will?
(a) Inside a gift for Anna Bernardi.
(b) In the poet's apartment.
(c) In a stack of papers.
(d) In a book of poems.
9. What work did Ralph Curtis first publish with a group of friends?
(a) The Harvard Lampoon.
(b) The Harvard Crimson.
(c) The Gonzo.
10. What does Stefani say is the most nonconformist act he knows?
(a) Telling the truth.
(b) Being a poet.
(c) Speaking your mind.
(d) Being gay.
11. What statement does Gae Aulenti make upon hearing the news of her expulsion from the rebuilding project?
(a) "To my fans, good night."
(b) "To my predecessor, thanks a lot."
(c) "To my successor, good luck."
(d) "To my critics, I'm sorry."
12. How many electricians were in the Fenice after the rest of the reconstruction staff had gone home?
13. How does Nicola respond when the narrator asks if he's read any of Stefani's poetry?
(a) He says he only read a few handwritten poems Mario gave him.
(b) He says he's never been a great reader.
(c) He says he has a small collection at home.
(d) He says he has read every Stefani poem Gardin ever published.
14. What does da Mosto tell the narrator they will be able to recreate now that they found the architectural plans drawn up in 1836?
(a) The Apollonian rooms.
(b) The Napoleonic royal box.
(c) The acoustics.
(d) The Dionysian rooms.
15. Who or what of the following was never included in Stefani's will?
(a) The Waldensian Church in Venice.
(b) A Venice fireman.
(c) Anna Bernardi.
(d) A cancer research institute in Milan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Fenice's custodian at the time of the fire?
2. How did Impregilo manage to cut time and cost off their bid?
3. What does Philip Rylands do for a living?
4. Why does Carla Ferrara think no one noticed Stefani's loneliness?
5. What does Casson say about the investigation of Renato Carello?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)