|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Olga say in the letter sent to the Cleveland attorney after she realized what had happened?
(a) She had reconsidered the sale of her archive.
(b) She had reconsidered the sale of Ezra's personal belongings.
(c) She would fight until she got her house back.
(d) It was her firm intention to dissolve the "Ezra Pound Foundation".
2. What does Laura Migliori say caused the most damage to the Fenice frescoes?
(a) The heat of the flames.
(b) The negligent work of the Impregilo rebuilding team.
(c) The muddy salt water used to put out the fire.
(d) The humid Venice air.
3. Which Mafioso becomes a suspect in the Fenice fire?
(a) Edoardo "Angel Face" Contini.
(b) Felice "Angel Face" Maniero.
(c) Salvatore "Totuccio" Contorn.
(d) Gilberto "Lolli" Boatto.
4. What does Carella give as an excuse for being found in the attic of the Fenice in his street clothes?
(a) He was hoping to catch a glimpse of the sun setting over the lagoon.
(b) He was hoping to catch a glimpse of a woman taking her clothes off in a window across the street.
(c) He was just checking on some wiring.
(d) He had gotten confused about which floor he was supposed to be working on.
5. What does the fire expert Zucchetta think about the fire?
(a) The scene at the Fenice before the fire was so chaotic he's sure it was negligence.
(b) There's so much at stake for the politicians that he's sure the electricians didn't do it, but the politicians want it to seem like they did.
(c) There are so many holes in Carella's story, he's sure Carella did it.
(d) The Mafia had been talking about burning the Fenice so long, he's sure they did it.
6. Which prize was offered to Lawrence Dow Lovett in Chapter 12?
(a) The Pritzker Prize.
(b) The Cooper-Hewitt National Design Award.
(c) The Aga Khan Award for Architecture.
(d) The Pietro Torta Prize.
7. What was the first thing Carella said to Marchetti when they got into their car after the round of police questioning mentioned in Chapter 14?
(a) "This is madness."
(b) "Casson's crazy."
(c) "Mauro better not rat."
(d) "Mauro better get his story in line."
8. How long did Daniel Curtis spend in jail before immigrating to Venice?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
9. Where does Mary de Rachwiltz live?
(a) On San Michele.
(b) In Venice.
(c) In the South Tyrol.
(d) In Germany.
10. What is Gae Aulenti known for?
(a) Her work on the Musée D'Orsay.
(b) Her work on the Louvre.
(c) Her work on the Gare de Lyon.
(d) Her work on the Opéra de Paris.
11. Where did the quote on Stefani's gravestone come from?
(a) Gardin wrote it.
(b) Nicola wrote it.
(c) The Ateneo Veneto wrote it.
(d) Stefani wrote it himself.
12. What is the two-story building not currently owned by the Fenice currently being used as?
(a) A rehearsal room.
(b) A laundry.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A magazzino for sets.
13. Where does the notary say he found Stefani's last will?
(a) In a stack of papers.
(b) Inside a gift for Anna Bernardi.
(c) In a book of poems.
(d) In the poet's apartment.
14. Whose death did Daniel Curtis describe in his diary?
(a) Claude Monet's.
(b) Alfred Tennyson's.
(c) Robert Browning's.
(d) Henry James's.
15. How does Migliori intend to secure the fresco?
(a) She'll cover it with Japanese paper to keep pieces from falling off.
(b) She'll cover it with plaster.
(c) She has policeman on constant patrol.
(d) She'll build a security wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which period was the Church of Santa Maria dei Miracoli built?
2. Who else served a term at the prison Marchetti is sent to?
3. What does Mayor Costa erect in front of the Fenice when Sacaim begins rebuilding?
4. During which week does the Save Venice Gala occur throughout Chapter 12?
5. What does Casson say about the investigation of Renato Carello?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)