|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Open House".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which prize was offered to Lawrence Dow Lovett in Chapter 12?
(a) The Cooper-Hewitt National Design Award.
(b) The Pietro Torta Prize.
(c) The Aga Khan Award for Architecture.
(d) The Pritzker Prize.
2. What did the custodian do when he realized the Fenice was on fire?
(a) He ran directly to the photographer's office.
(b) He called the fire department.
(c) He ran downstairs to open the door.
(d) He ran back to his office to get his cap and coat.
3. What is Gino Seguso's view of glassmaking?
(a) He's a traditionalist.
(b) He believes only artists should make glass.
(c) He believes that family is more important than glassmaking.
(d) He's a daring designer.
4. Who was closest to Peggy Guggenheim when Philip and Jane befriended her?
(a) Arrigo Cipriani.
(b) John Hohnsbeen.
(c) Peter Lauritzen.
(d) Pablo Picasso.
5. During which period was the Church of Santa Maria dei Miracoli built?
(a) During the Gothic Era.
(b) During the Colonial Era.
(c) During the Renaissance Era.
(d) During the Baroque Era.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the notice in the Gazzettino say about Daniel Curtis?
2. What does Ezra say "Her name was" in the last Canto?
3. According to the book, who founded the Venice Film Festival?
4. What difference does Massimo Donadon claim to have made in the rat poison market?
5. Whose lawyer does Renato Carella hire for his own defense?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)