|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, "Open House".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What difference does Massimo Donadon claim to have made in the rat poison market?
(a) His rat poison kills rats instantly.
(b) His rat poison is based on what rats like to eat.
(c) His rat poison contains peanut butter.
(d) His rat poison is based on what people like to eat.
2. Who does Count Marcello believe is responsible for the fire?
(a) The government.
(b) The police.
(c) The Mafia.
(d) Save Venice.
3. Why do the President and first lady of Italy decline to have lunch with Larry Lovett?
(a) They wanted to dine with family while they were in Venice.
(b) They disagree heartily with Lovett and decided instead to dine with Bob and Bea Guthrie.
(c) They wanted to have a sentimental lunch at the restaurant they'd dined at on their honeymoon.
(d) They made a statement saying they wanted to stay out of expatriate politics.
4. Who does the narrator say put an end to Carnival?
(c) Mayor Cacciari.
(d) Pope John XXIII.
5. During which period was the Church of Santa Maria dei Miracoli built?
(a) During the Colonial Era.
(b) During the Gothic Era.
(c) During the Renaissance Era.
(d) During the Baroque Era.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to help Save Venice after Larry Lovett and his supporters leave?
2. What do the Lauritzens do while talking that makes it difficult for the narrator to follow them?
3. What does Gardin do each time a message is written on his wife's shop window?
4. What is Giampaolo's view of glassmaking?
5. What does the narrator notice about characters in novels and movies set in Venice?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)