|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, "For a Couple of Bucks".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator find at the Beinecke Library in New Haven that surprises him?
(a) A handwritten letter from Ezra to Mary.
(b) A "restricted" box.
(c) A handwritten copy of The Aspern Papers.
(d) A handwritten letter from Mary to Olga.
2. What are Signor and Signora Seguso doing when they notice the fire?
(a) Reading the newspaper.
(b) Getting ready for bed.
(c) Sitting down to dinner.
(d) Watching television.
3. Who does Rose say the McAlpines are "hiding out" in Venice from?
(a) The ETA.
(b) The police.
(c) The IRS.
(d) The IRA.
4. According to the book, who founded the Venice Film Festival?
(a) Signor Seguso.
(c) Count Giuseppe Volpi.
(d) Count Girolamo Marcello.
5. Which part of the Palazzo do the Curtises sell in Chapter 8?
(a) The piano nobile.
(b) The ballroom.
(c) The wine cellar.
(d) The upper apartments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Fenice's custodian at the time of the fire?
2. Who does the narrator say gets up before dawn outside his window?
3. Why doesn't Venice use Donadon's rat poison?
4. Who does Donadon claim to be old friends with?
5. How did the panel of experts come to its initial conclusion that the Fenice fire was not caused by arson?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)