|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, "For a Couple of Bucks".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main focus of Count Marcello's private library?
(a) The history of the Marcello family.
(b) Art and artists.
(c) Italian history.
(d) Venetian history.
2. What does Philip Rylands do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a scholar.
(c) He is director of the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.
(d) He is director of the Ezra Pound Foundation.
3. What does the narrator notice about characters in novels and movies set in Venice?
(a) They aren't convincing characters.
(b) They aren't honest.
(c) They aren't Venetian.
(d) They aren't very educated.
4. Who did the catering at the Palazzo Barbaro's private parties, according to Ralph?
(a) Jim Sherwood.
(b) Jacques Pépin.
(c) Wolfgang Puck.
(d) Julia Child.
5. What animal does the narrator physically compare Venice to?
(a) A cat.
(b) A fish.
(c) A frog.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous Sargent painting did Ariana Curtis refuse to accept as a gift?
2. Who enters into a P.R. war with Luciano Pavarotti over the benefit concert for the rebuilding of the Fenice?
3. What does the narrator find at the Beinecke Library in New Haven that surprises him?
4. What does the Plant Man like to ask people?
5. Where does Mary de Rachwiltz live?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)