|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Rat Man of Treviso".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Massimo Donadon give his company a German name?
(a) So the Venetians would think he was from an exotic country.
(b) Wernher von Braun, the man who designed the rockets that took men to the moon, was his hero.
(c) His grandmother, to whom he owes his business, was German.
(d) He thinks Germany seems solid, scientific, and efficient.
2. What does the Plant Man like to ask people?
(a) "Where are you going?"
(b) "Do you need a plant?"
(c) "Have you got a house?"
(d) "What's your favorite flower?"
3. Who does Rose recall living next to in Venice?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) T.S. Eliot.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Ezra Pound.
4. What is Signor Seguso's nickname?
(a) "Wizard of Fire."
(b) "Fire Magician."
(c) "The Glassmaker."
5. What do the young girls talking with the carabinieri want?
(a) A couple of cigarettes.
(b) A look at the fallen mayor.
(c) A tour of the wreckage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the Ateneo Veneto once housed?
2. What does the Count say Venetians are consumed by?
3. What does the narrator say the Fenice had been reduced to upon seeing the front of the building?
4. What was the floor in Rose and Peter's basement apartment previously made of?
5. Why does Count Volpi say the Venetians vilify his father?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)