|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "The Rat Man of Treviso".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Woody Allen use to describe the devastation at the Fenice?
2. What does the narrator say the Palazzo in which he will be living once was?
(a) A Doge's palace.
(b) A British embassy.
(c) A government building.
(d) A center for a fraternal order.
3. Who does the narrator say gets up before dawn outside his window?
(a) The gondolier.
(b) The butcher.
(c) The fruit and vegetable dealer.
(d) The rats.
4. Which paper does the narrator mention that reports on the many suspicious coincidences surrounding the Fenice fire?
(a) Corriere della Sera.
(b) La Repubblica.
(c) Il Gazettino.
(d) Il Giornale.
5. What do the Lauritzens do while talking that makes it difficult for the narrator to follow them?
(a) They keep interrupting each other.
(b) They switch back and forth between English and Italian.
(c) They talk at the same time.
(d) They keep changing the subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rose recall living next to in Venice?
2. What difference does Massimo Donadon claim to have made in the rat poison market?
3. What does Count Marcello insist Venetians never do?
4. What does the narrator say the Fenice had been reduced to upon seeing the front of the building?
5. What does the Plant Man like to ask people?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)