|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, "Sleepwalking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Contessa Marcello's main, immediate concern when she hears about the fire?
(a) The inappropriateness of the ball.
(b) Whether the Prime Minister's wife will be coming to the ball.
(c) The safety of her possessions.
(d) The safety of her family.
2. What does the Count say would have to happen for him to let go of his anger?
(a) Venice would have to name a street or square after his father.
(b) Venice would have to repay him for the damages done to his father's estate.
(c) The Comune would have to apologize for the damages done to his father's reputation.
(d) His half-sisters and their husbands would have to apologize.
3. What does Dr. Scattolin say will happen to the healthy pigeons?
(a) They will be castrated.
(b) They will be taken to Rome.
(c) They will be released.
(d) They will be chloroformed.
4. Who do the townspeople talking at Haig's Bar believe is responsible for the fire?
(a) The Mafia.
(b) Save Venice.
(c) The police.
(d) The government.
5. What do the men trying to net the pigeons scatter for them?
(c) Bread crumbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the Palazzo in which he will be living once was?
2. Where does the narrator say he's decided he'll live?
3. When does the narrator say he'd fallen under Venice's spell?
4. What are Signor and Signora Seguso doing when they notice the fire?
5. What does the narrator say the officials are quick to do at the meeting in the Ateneo Veneto?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)