|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, "Sleepwalking".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Scattolin say will happen to the healthy pigeons?
(a) They will be released.
(b) They will be chloroformed.
(c) They will be castrated.
(d) They will be taken to Rome.
2. Where does the Count Giuseppe Volpi live?
(a) On the Giudecca.
(b) In Castello.
(c) In Santa Croce.
(d) In Cannaregio.
3. What is Contessa Marcello's main, immediate concern when she hears about the fire?
(a) The safety of her family.
(b) Whether the Prime Minister's wife will be coming to the ball.
(c) The inappropriateness of the ball.
(d) The safety of her possessions.
4. According to the book, who founded the Venice Film Festival?
(a) Count Giuseppe Volpi.
(b) Signor Seguso.
(d) Count Girolamo Marcello.
5. Why does Count Volpi say the Venetians vilify his father?
(a) Because he became wealthy through his hotel business.
(b) Because the Marghera now creates a lot of ecological problems.
(c) Because he never liked Venice.
(d) Because he had a mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Count Marcello believe is responsible for the fire?
2. What animal does the narrator physically compare Venice to?
3. What does the narrator say the officials are quick to do at the meeting in the Ateneo Veneto?
4. What rhythm does Count Marcello tell the narrator that Venice follows?
5. What does Count Marcello insist Venetians never do?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)