|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "At Water Level".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he's come to Venice in February?
(a) At this time of year, Venetians have Venice all to themselves.
(b) Venice looks best at this time of year.
(c) The weather is perfect at this time of year.
(d) He happens to be doing research for a book.
2. How many major versions of the Fenice does Peter say there have been in 200 years?
3. Who does Count Marcello believe is responsible for the fire?
(a) The government.
(b) The police.
(c) The Mafia.
(d) Save Venice.
4. What was the floor in Rose and Peter's basement apartment previously made of?
5. What does the narrator notice about characters in novels and movies set in Venice?
(a) They aren't Venetian.
(b) They aren't very educated.
(c) They aren't honest.
(d) They aren't convincing characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator ask about the screens on the window?
2. Which paper does the narrator mention that reports on the many suspicious coincidences surrounding the Fenice fire?
3. What does the narrator say the Fenice had been reduced to upon seeing the front of the building?
4. What does the narrator call his game of taking pictures at unplanned moments?
5. What rhythm does Count Marcello tell the narrator that Venice follows?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)