|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "The Man Who Loved Others".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rhythm does Count Marcello tell the narrator that Venice follows?
(a) The rhythm of Carnival.
(b) The rhythm of the wheel.
(c) The rhythm of the water.
(d) The rhythm of bella Italia.
2. When do the police say they'll arrest De Luigi?
(a) When they feel like it.
(b) When he does something illegal.
(c) Next week.
3. Who was the Fenice's custodian at the time of the fire?
(a) Renato Carella.
(b) Gilberto Paggiaro.
(c) Giuseppe Bonannini.
(d) Vitaliano Bonicelli.
4. What animal does the narrator physically compare Venice to?
(a) A fish.
(b) A lion.
(c) A cat.
(d) A frog.
5. Why did Massimo Donadon give his company a German name?
(a) His grandmother, to whom he owes his business, was German.
(b) Wernher von Braun, the man who designed the rockets that took men to the moon, was his hero.
(c) So the Venetians would think he was from an exotic country.
(d) He thinks Germany seems solid, scientific, and efficient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difference does Massimo Donadon claim to have made in the rat poison market?
2. What sport is Casson passionate about?
3. During which period was the Church of Santa Maria dei Miracoli built?
4. What was found in the remnants of the floorboards of the Fenice?
5. Who or what of the following was never included in Stefani's will?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)