|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, "The Man Who Loved Others".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aldo Rossi insist on being addressed?
2. What does one attendant of the meeting at the Ateneo Veneto bring as a memento from the fire?
(a) A piece of the curtain.
(b) A piece of the chandelier.
(c) A piece of scenery.
(d) A piece of ash.
3. What is "Antica Mole"?
(a) A trattoria near the narrator's new apartment.
(b) A canal near the narrator's new apartment.
(c) A tourist attraction.
(d) An important museum and cultural center.
4. Which reminders of "La Traviata, Rigoletto and Tancredi" were supposedly housed in the Fenice according to one of the dinner guests at the Carnival ball?
(a) The original sets.
(b) The original costumes.
(c) The handwritten original scores.
(d) The original casts' signatures.
5. Who do the townspeople talking at Haig's Bar believe is responsible for the fire?
(a) The Mafia.
(b) The police.
(c) Save Venice.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say defeated Venice at the height of its grandeur?
2. Why does Lovato oppose the building of a modern new opera house?
3. What does Ezra say "Her name was" in the last Canto?
4. What did Giampaolo give each of his family members at his fiftieth birthday party?
5. What is the two-story building not currently owned by the Fenice currently being used as?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)