|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Slow Burn".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters into a P.R. war with Luciano Pavarotti over the benefit concert for the rebuilding of the Fenice?
(a) Franco Corelli.
(b) Plácido Domingo.
(c) José Carreras.
(d) Woody Allen.
2. What does the Count say Venetians are consumed by?
3. What does the narrator say the Ateneo Veneto once housed?
(a) A museum of Venetian history.
(b) A fraternal order dedicated to escorting condemned prisoners to the gallows.
(c) A fraternal order of monks.
(d) The Academy of Art.
4. What rhythm does Count Marcello tell the narrator that Venice follows?
(a) The rhythm of Carnival.
(b) The rhythm of the water.
(c) The rhythm of bella Italia.
(d) The rhythm of the wheel.
5. Who does Count Marcello believe is responsible for the fire?
(a) The Mafia.
(b) The police.
(c) The government.
(d) Save Venice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the narrator physically compare Venice to?
2. When does the narrator say he'd fallen under Venice's spell?
3. In which quarter does the narrator take an apartment?
4. What are Signor and Signora Seguso doing when they notice the fire?
5. What does the narrator notice about characters in novels and movies set in Venice?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)