|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Slow Burn".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many major versions of the Fenice does Peter say there have been in 200 years?
2. What does the narrator say the officials are quick to do at the meeting in the Ateneo Veneto?
(a) Blame the Mafia for the fire.
(b) Call for the immediate building of a modern opera house.
(c) Absolve themselves of any wrongdoing.
(d) Remind the townspeople that this isn't the first major accident to happen this year.
3. Who does the narrator say gets up before dawn outside his window?
(a) The butcher.
(b) The rats.
(c) The gondolier.
(d) The fruit and vegetable dealer.
4. Who does the narrator say sells Signor Seguso's glass creations as a way of demonstrating his renown?
(a) Saks Fifth Avenue.
(c) Bergdorf Goodman.
5. How did the panel of experts come to its initial conclusion that the Fenice fire was not caused by arson?
(a) Witnesses had come forward that had stated that they saw the fire start slowly.
(b) The construction site was so orderly and well-secured that no one could have gotten in.
(c) It appears that the beams in the lobby on the third level burned slowly.
(d) There was no motive for arson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rhythm does Count Marcello tell the narrator that Venice follows?
2. Who does Count Marcello believe is responsible for the fire?
3. Who enters into a P.R. war with Luciano Pavarotti over the benefit concert for the rebuilding of the Fenice?
4. What do the Lauritzens do while talking that makes it difficult for the narrator to follow them?
5. What is Count Marcello talking about when he mentions oil painting and sunlight as examples?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)