|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, "Beware of Falling Angels".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guthrie tell Lovett that he "...titled himself into oblivion"?
(a) Guthrie has so many titles that no one takes him seriously anymore.
(b) Lovett's title doesn't really exist.
(c) Guthrie's title doesn't really exist.
(d) Lovett has so many titles that no one takes him seriously anymore.
2. Who does the narrator say gets up before dawn outside his window?
(a) The butcher.
(b) The fruit and vegetable dealer.
(c) The rats.
(d) The gondolier.
3. Where does the Count Giuseppe Volpi live?
(a) In Santa Croce.
(b) In Castello.
(c) On the Giudecca.
(d) In Cannaregio.
4. According to the book, who founded the Venice Film Festival?
(a) Count Girolamo Marcello.
(c) Count Giuseppe Volpi.
(d) Signor Seguso.
5. Which part of the Palazzo do the Curtises sell in Chapter 8?
(a) The upper apartments.
(b) The wine cellar.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The piano nobile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the narrator physically compare Venice to?
2. What does the Count say Venetians are consumed by?
3. What work did Ralph Curtis first publish with a group of friends?
4. Who did the catering at the Palazzo Barbaro's private parties, according to Ralph?
5. Besides plants, what else does the Plant Man sell?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)