|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She says there might be a door somewhere.
(b) She believes they'll travel down the river.
(c) She believes they need to build it.
(d) She belives they need to climb.
2. What does Sadge say he was looking for when he went into the darkness outside Ember?
(b) Another city.
(c) Something that could help the people.
(d) A way to carry light into the darkness.
3. What is the item Lina feels she needs to buy for Granny?
(a) A coat.
(b) Colored pencils.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A blanket.
4. How many numbered instructions are there on the note?
5. Where is Granny when Lina gets home from the meeting?
(a) In the closet.
(b) At Mrs. Murdo's house.
(c) In the yarn shop.
(d) In bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
2. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
3. What do the children Lina's age do on Thursdays?
4. According to the book Doon finds, what is a "hog"?
5. What kind of shop does Lina's grandmother run?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the drawing Lina creates on the back of a can label.
2. What are some of the old words and phrases Doon finds in a book in the library and what does the book say they mean?
3. What happens when Granny wakes Lina in the middle of the night and what does Lina discover when she wakes the following morning?
4. What is Clary's job and what does she give Lina on the day they see the man coming back from the Unknown Regions?
5. What interests Doon so much that he has a book about it, what is the book called, and how does he study this subject?
6. What happens as Lina is looking for Poppy outside Looper's store and what is the decision Lina struggles with during those few minutes?
7. What is Dr. Tower's first reaction when Lina says her Granny is sick and what does she instruct Lina to do once she's seen Granny?
8. What is the plan the Builders have for ensuring the people of Ember can find their way out of the city at the correct time?
9. What are the other tragedies Lina thinks about as she stays home from work to take care of Granny?
10. What is the message the mayor gives during the town hall meeting in chapter six and what it the reaction of the people to his message?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)