|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the citizens of Ember asked to gather for a public meeting?
(a) At the Vegetable Market.
(b) At the greenhouse.
(c) At Harken Square.
(d) At Plummer Street.
2. Where does Lizzie say she was when the big blackout occurred?
(a) At the store.
(b) At work.
(c) At the greenhouse.
(d) At home.
3. Based on her experience in Ember, what is the color Lina believes the sky to be?
4. What does the mayor do to try to make his words heard by the crowd gathered for the meeting?
(a) Has a woman shout out his messages.
(b) Yells really loudly.
(c) Uses a megaphone.
(d) Stands on a roof.
5. How do Lina and Doon know the man in the tunnel has unlocked the door?
(a) They hear the key in the lock.
(b) The man says he's going to unlock it.
(c) They see him unlock it.
(d) They don't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lina's first step toward trying to solve the mystery of the note?
2. Who does Captain Fleery believe will show the people of Ember "the way"?
3. What two colored pencils does Lina purchase?
4. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
5. What color does the person Lina overhears say he hoped to paint the door of his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Tower's first reaction when Lina says her Granny is sick and what does she instruct Lina to do once she's seen Granny?
2. Who does Lina show the instructions to first and what is that person's reaction?
3. What does Doon say about the situation in Ember and what is the Mayor's reaction?
4. What does Granny say she saw on her tour of the storerooms as a child and why do children Lina's age not get the opportunity to tour the storerooms?
5. What is the plan the Builders have for ensuring the people of Ember can find their way out of the city at the correct time?
6. Describe the pencils Looper has for sale and Lina's reaction to them.
7. Describe what lies beyond the light from Ember and what people know about that area.
8. What happens when Granny wakes Lina in the middle of the night and what does Lina discover when she wakes the following morning?
9. What are Granny and Poppy doing when Lina gets home from the town meeting?
10. What happens as Lina is looking for Poppy outside Looper's store and what is the decision Lina struggles with during those few minutes?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)