|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
(a) At least two hundred years.
(b) At least five hundred years.
(c) At least twelve hundred years.
(d) At least a hundred years.
2. What is the message Lina delivers to Mayor Cole from Looper?
(a) I have found more food.
(b) There are no more lightbulbs.
(c) Delivery at eight.
(d) You are invited to dinner.
3. Where is Poppy when Lina returns home from work in Chapter 4?
(a) Alone in the shop.
(b) Lost in the street.
(c) Asleep in Lina's bed.
(d) Alone in the apartment.
4. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
(a) She was afraid Lina would be afraid.
(b) She was afraid Lina would tell on Sadge.
(c) She was afraid Lina would try to venter out of Ember.
(d) She was afraid Lina would call Sadge stupid.
5. Why does Clary say the guards grab Sadge?
(a) Sadge is an escaped prisoner.
(b) It's illegal to go into the Unknown Regions.
(c) They'll have fun scaring him.
(d) Sadge is obviously crazy and dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the light come on the morning of Granny's death?
2. How do Lina and Doon know the man in the tunnel has unlocked the door?
3. What two colored pencils does Lina purchase?
4. What does Clary give Lina as Lina is leaving the greenhouse?
5. Based on her experience in Ember, what is the color Lina believes the sky to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things Doon packs to take on the journey out of Ember and what are some of the things he leaves behind?
2. What does Lina say about the reason she brought Poppy along?
3. What interests Doon so much that he has a book about it, what is the book called, and how does he study this subject?
4. What happens when Lina and Doon are trying to figure out a way into the strange door Doon finds in the Pipeworks?
5. How do Doon and Lina get word to the people of Ember how to leave the city?
6. Describe what lies beyond the light from Ember and what people know about that area.
7. What, according to the writer of the book found by Poppy, happened on Friday?
8. What does Doon discover when he goes into the generator room on his first lunch break and why is he disappointed?
9. How do Doon and Lina learn the guards are planning to arrest them for spreading vicious rumors?
10. What are the other tragedies Lina thinks about as she stays home from work to take care of Granny?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)