|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Tower have in her hands when she tells Lina that her mother died?
(a) A crying baby.
(b) A pan of water.
(c) A bloody towel.
(d) A bowl of soup.
2. What color are the uniforms worn by the guards?
(a) Yellow and orange.
(b) Red and brown.
(c) Blue and green.
(d) Black and white.
3. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
(a) Put them in a box with a timed lock.
(b) Put them in a hidden place so someone will stumble on them.
(c) Put them at the back of a warehouse so they'll be found when supplies run low.
(d) Put them in a box with a date.
4. What do the children Lina's age do on Thursdays?
(a) They work a half day.
(b) They have a day off work.
(c) They work a later shift.
(d) They work an earlier shift.
5. What do the other workers teach Doon about?
(a) Trying to figure out how to fix the generator.
(b) Liking Lina.
(c) Collecting bugs.
(d) Eating sandwiches for lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina believe the instructions say a person should do in the Pipeworks?
2. Which of the reports does Lizzie say she's never allowed to see?
3. What is Doon doing when Lina first sees him in the library?
4. What is the Believer's flute made of?
5. Which of the following is a fact taught by the Book of the City of Ember?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plan the Builders have for ensuring the people of Ember can find their way out of the city at the correct time?
2. What is Lina's Granny's job and what is she doing on the day Lina comes home from work in Chapter 4?
3. What is the message the mayor gives during the town hall meeting in chapter six and what it the reaction of the people to his message?
4. What is Assignment Day and how are assignments given?
5. Describe the drawing Lina creates on the back of a can label.
6. List at least three of the jobs that are included in the list of jobs given out to Lina, Doon, and their classmates. Briefly described those jobs.
7. What happens when Lina and Doon are trying to figure out a way into the strange door Doon finds in the Pipeworks?
8. What is Dr. Tower's first reaction when Lina says her Granny is sick and what does she instruct Lina to do once she's seen Granny?
9. What does Doon discover when he goes into the generator room on his first lunch break and why is he disappointed?
10. What does Nammy Proggs say to Lina after Lina finds Poppy at Doon's father's store?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)