|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lina believe the instructions say a person should do in the Pipeworks?
(b) Find a boat.
(c) Look for a door.
(d) Repair the generator.
2. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
(a) That she can climb a lightpole.
(b) That she can jump down six steps at a time.
(c) That she can jump a large hedge.
(d) That she can cartwheel over a small wall.
3. What can the people of Ember feel when they stand still in Plummer Square?
(a) The constant earthquakes.
(b) A warm breeze.
(c) Bitter cold.
(d) The rumble of the river.
4. Who has Poppy when Lina finds her?
(b) Nammy Proggs.
(d) Mrs. Murdo.
5. What is one of the things Lina likes about Doon?
(a) That he doesn't interrupt her when she talks.
(b) That he's always by himself.
(c) That he's curious.
(d) That he's handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lina's first step toward trying to solve the mystery of the note?
2. Why does Lina believe the key to the locked door might be in a pan?
3. What color does the person Lina overhears say he hoped to paint the door of his house?
4. What do Doon and Lina do once they reach Plummer Square?
5. Where does Doon live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Lizzie first tell Lina she got the canned items and what does she eventually reveal as the truth?
2. What do Doon and Lina discover is the sixth step of the instructions?
3. Describe Lina's arrest and her encounter with the mayor.
4. What is the problem Doon and Lina see with using the boat to go downstream and what do they discover that eliminates that problem?
5. What does Doon consider telling his father when his father asks if Doon is worried about something?
6. Why does Clary say the instructions are "hopeful"?
7. How do Doon and Lina decide what to do with the information that the mayor is stealing?
8. What is Clary's job and what does she give Lina on the day they see the man coming back from the Unknown Regions?
9. What does Clary say about everyone having darkness inside them and why does Lina know Clary is right?
10. What happens that allows Lina to discover what Lizzie has in her sack and what are some of the canned items in the sack?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)