|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the light come on the morning of Granny's death?
2. What is the food most people in Ember eat almost every day?
(d) Green beans.
3. How many people had traveled into the Unknown Regions, never to return?
(b) Four in the past year.
(c) Too many to count.
4. What does Clary give Lina as Lina is leaving the greenhouse?
(a) A message for Looper.
(b) An admonition not to tell anyone about Sadge.
(c) A bean seed and some soil in a pot.
(d) A hug.
5. Who is Alis Fleery?
(a) Lina's grandmother.
(b) The chief messenger.
(c) Doon's mother.
(d) Lina's neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the item Lina feels she needs to buy for Granny?
2. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
3. Where does Lina say the "door" mentioned in the instructions must lead?
4. What is Doon looking for in the "F" section of the library?
5. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Doon go to learn about fire and what are some of the things Doon learns about fire?
2. What happens when Granny wakes Lina in the middle of the night and what does Lina discover when she wakes the following morning?
3. What are some of the old words and phrases Doon finds in a book in the library and what does the book say they mean?
4. Describe the pencils Looper has for sale and Lina's reaction to them.
5. Why does Lina want to be a messenger and why does Doon want to work in the Pipeworks?
6. What interests Doon so much that he has a book about it, what is the book called, and how does he study this subject?
7. What is Mrs. Murdo like and what does Lina like about having her around?
8. What is the plan the Builders have for ensuring the people of Ember can find their way out of the city at the correct time?
9. Describe what lies beyond the light from Ember and what people know about that area.
10. Who does Lina show the instructions to first and what is that person's reaction?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)