|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clary say the guards grab Sadge?
(a) It's illegal to go into the Unknown Regions.
(b) They'll have fun scaring him.
(c) Sadge is obviously crazy and dangerous.
(d) Sadge is an escaped prisoner.
2. What does Doon's father say a person gets when he doesn't control his anger?
(a) Put in jail.
(c) Unintended consequences.
(d) A spanking.
3. Where is Poppy during the town meeting?
(a) At home with Granny.
(b) At school.
(c) With Mrs. Murdo.
(d) With Lina.
4. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
(a) She believes they need to build it.
(b) She believes they'll travel down the river.
(c) She belives they need to climb.
(d) She says there might be a door somewhere.
5. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
(a) At least a hundred years.
(b) At least two hundred years.
(c) At least five hundred years.
(d) At least twelve hundred years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the citizens of Ember asked to gather for a public meeting?
2. What color is Poppy's jacket?
3. What is past the trash heaps?
4. Who is Poppy?
5. What is Doon doing when Lina first sees him in the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doon believe he's going to be able to do once he's working in the Pipeworks and why does he believe this?
2. Where does Doon go to learn about fire and what are some of the things Doon learns about fire?
3. What is Doon's father's job and how does his job impact Doon's apartment?
4. Why does Lina decide she can't ask the mayor to come to her house to see the instructions?
5. What is Clary's job and what does she give Lina on the day they see the man coming back from the Unknown Regions?
6. What happens as Lina is looking for Poppy outside Looper's store and what is the decision Lina struggles with during those few minutes?
7. What is the message the mayor gives during the town hall meeting in chapter six and what it the reaction of the people to his message?
8. What interests Doon so much that he has a book about it, what is the book called, and how does he study this subject?
9. What happens when Lina and Doon are trying to figure out a way into the strange door Doon finds in the Pipeworks?
10. What is the plan the Builders have for ensuring the people of Ember can find their way out of the city at the correct time?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)