|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the teacher overseeing Lina's class on Assignment Day?
(a) Miss Harrow.
(b) Miss. Thorn.
(c) Miss Rose.
(d) Miss Mayfleet.
2. Who has Poppy when Lina finds her?
(a) Mrs. Murdo.
(d) Nammy Proggs.
3. Based on her experience in Ember, what is the color Lina believes the sky to be?
4. What kind of races do the workers in the Pipeworks participate in when they have spare time?
(a) Climbing races.
(b) One mile races.
(c) Swimming races.
(d) Salamander races.
5. Which of the reports does Lizzie say she's never allowed to see?
(a) The report for children's shoes.
(b) The report for forks.
(c) The report for lightbulbs.
(d) The report for canned pineapples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina use to draw on?
2. What is the item Lina feels she needs to buy for Granny?
3. What does Doon believe are his two possible courses of action?
4. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
5. How many times does Granny say she had pineapple before the supply was gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. List at least three of the jobs that are included in the list of jobs given out to Lina, Doon, and their classmates. Briefly described those jobs.
2. Describe the drawing Lina creates on the back of a can label.
3. What are Granny and Poppy doing when Lina gets home from the town meeting?
4. What is Mrs. Murdo like and what does Lina like about having her around?
5. What is Dr. Tower's first reaction when Lina says her Granny is sick and what does she instruct Lina to do once she's seen Granny?
6. What is the plan the Builders have for ensuring the people of Ember can find their way out of the city at the correct time?
7. Who does Lina show the instructions to first and what is that person's reaction?
8. What does Doon say about the situation in Ember and what is the Mayor's reaction?
9. What are the clues that the paper from the fancy box was written by the Builders?
10. What are some of the old words and phrases Doon finds in a book in the library and what does the book say they mean?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)