|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doon say he usually dreams about?
(a) Locks and clocks.
(b) The river.
(c) A way out of Ember.
2. What is Lina's first step toward trying to solve the mystery of the note?
(a) Sticking the pieces down.
(b) Taking it to Doon.
(c) Taking it to the Mayor.
(d) Rewriting as much as she can.
3. What is the Believer's flute made of?
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A corn stalk.
(d) A drainpipe.
4. Where is Granny when Lina gets home from the meeting?
(a) In the closet.
(b) At Mrs. Murdo's house.
(c) In the yarn shop.
(d) In bed.
5. Who does Captain Fleery believe will show the people of Ember "the way"?
(a) Their ancestors.
(b) No one.
(c) Others who escaped.
(d) The Builders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clary say the guards grab Sadge?
2. What does Lina believe the instructions say a person should do in the Pipeworks?
3. What does Clary give Lina as Lina is leaving the greenhouse?
4. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
5. What does Granny say she dreamed about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Granny say she saw on her tour of the storerooms as a child and why do children Lina's age not get the opportunity to tour the storerooms?
2. What interests Doon so much that he has a book about it, what is the book called, and how does he study this subject?
3. What happens when Lina and Doon are trying to figure out a way into the strange door Doon finds in the Pipeworks?
4. What are some of the old words and phrases Doon finds in a book in the library and what does the book say they mean?
5. What happens when Granny wakes Lina in the middle of the night and what does Lina discover when she wakes the following morning?
6. What does Doon believe he's going to be able to do once he's working in the Pipeworks and why does he believe this?
7. What is Mrs. Murdo like and what does Lina like about having her around?
8. What is the plan the Builders have for ensuring the people of Ember can find their way out of the city at the correct time?
9. What is Clary's job and what does she give Lina on the day they see the man coming back from the Unknown Regions?
10. Describe the pencils Looper has for sale and Lina's reaction to them.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)