Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
(a) The river.
(b) Nothing because of the darkness.
(c) The generator.
(d) A bunch of men, sitting around playing cards.
2. Who does the chief builder say will keep the instructions for leaving the city?
(a) The timekeeper.
(b) Lina's grandmother.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The chief of the guards.
3. What kind of races do the workers in the Pipeworks participate in when they have spare time?
(a) Salamander races.
(b) Climbing races.
(c) Swimming races.
(d) One mile races.
4. Who is Poppy?
(a) Lina's little sister.
(b) Lina's neice.
(c) The child of a neighbor, Mrs. Murdo.
(d) An orphan Lina's grandmother took in.
5. Who has Poppy when Lina finds her?
(b) Nammy Proggs.
(d) Mrs. Murdo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doon say he usually dreams about?
2. How much does the man say he is charging for his colored pencils?
3. What is past the trash heaps?
4. What is Doon's father's job?
5. What does Captain Fleery believe the note might be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first sight that meets the children when they emerge from the tunnel?
2. Describe what and who Doon finds when he opens the door in the tunnel.
3. How do Doon and Lina learn the guards are planning to arrest them for spreading vicious rumors?
4. What is Assignment Day and how are assignments given?
5. What happens that allows Lina to discover what Lizzie has in her sack and what are some of the canned items in the sack?
6. Why does Lina decide she can't ask the mayor to come to her house to see the instructions?
7. What is Doon's father's job and how does his job impact Doon's apartment?
8. Who does Lina show the instructions to first and what is that person's reaction?
9. How do Doon and Lina decide what to do with the information that the mayor is stealing?
10. Briefly describe the room Lina shares with Poppy.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)