|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sadge say he was looking for when he went into the darkness outside Ember?
(a) Something that could help the people.
(b) Another city.
(d) A way to carry light into the darkness.
2. Who is the teacher overseeing Lina's class on Assignment Day?
(a) Miss Mayfleet.
(b) Miss Harrow.
(c) Miss. Thorn.
(d) Miss Rose.
3. What is the food most people in Ember eat almost every day?
(c) Green beans.
4. How do Lina and Doon know the man in the tunnel has unlocked the door?
(a) The man says he's going to unlock it.
(b) They don't know.
(c) They see him unlock it.
(d) They hear the key in the lock.
5. Who has Poppy when Lina finds her?
(c) Mrs. Murdo.
(d) Nammy Proggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
2. Who is Alis Fleery?
3. Where is Granny when Lina gets home from the meeting?
4. How many numbered instructions are there on the note?
5. What does Dr. Tower have in her hands when she tells Lina that her mother died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lina want to be a messenger and why does Doon want to work in the Pipeworks?
2. What is Doon's father's job and how does his job impact Doon's apartment?
3. Who does Lina show the instructions to first and what is that person's reaction?
4. What does Nammy Proggs say to Lina after Lina finds Poppy at Doon's father's store?
5. What are the clues that the paper from the fancy box was written by the Builders?
6. What happens when Granny wakes Lina in the middle of the night and what does Lina discover when she wakes the following morning?
7. What is Assignment Day and how are assignments given?
8. Describe the drawing Lina creates on the back of a can label.
9. Where does Doon go to learn about fire and what are some of the things Doon learns about fire?
10. What interests Doon so much that he has a book about it, what is the book called, and how does he study this subject?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)