|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lina use to draw on?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A paper sack.
(c) A soup can label.
(d) A notebook page.
2. What does Lina believe the instructions say a person should do in the Pipeworks?
(a) Find a boat.
(b) Look for a door.
(c) Repair the generator.
3. What is the food most people in Ember eat almost every day?
(b) Green beans.
4. What is the name of the book Doon keeps about the creatures he finds?
(a) Creatures of Ember.
(b) Doon's Book.
(c) It doesn't have a name.
(d) Crawling and Flying Things.
5. What kind of soup does Lina make for Granny?
(a) Chicken noodle.
(b) Spinach and onion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mayor do to try to make his words heard by the crowd gathered for the meeting?
2. What time does Lizzie get off work?
3. How many people had traveled into the Unknown Regions, never to return?
4. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
5. What is Granny doing when Lina gets home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Granny wakes Lina in the middle of the night and what does Lina discover when she wakes the following morning?
2. What is Clary's job and what does she give Lina on the day they see the man coming back from the Unknown Regions?
3. What is Doon's father's job and how does his job impact Doon's apartment?
4. What does Granny say she saw on her tour of the storerooms as a child and why do children Lina's age not get the opportunity to tour the storerooms?
5. What is Lina's Granny's job and what is she doing on the day Lina comes home from work in Chapter 4?
6. Who does Lina show the instructions to first and what is that person's reaction?
7. What is the message the mayor gives during the town hall meeting in chapter six and what it the reaction of the people to his message?
8. List at least three of the jobs that are included in the list of jobs given out to Lina, Doon, and their classmates. Briefly described those jobs.
9. What is the plan the Builders have for ensuring the people of Ember can find their way out of the city at the correct time?
10. Describe the pencils Looper has for sale and Lina's reaction to them.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)