|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doon see when he steps through the door marked "main tunnel"?
(a) Nothing because of the darkness.
(b) A bunch of men, sitting around playing cards.
(c) The river.
(d) The generator.
2. How does the chef builder intend to arrange for the instructions to be found at the proper time?
(a) Put them in a box with a date.
(b) Put them at the back of a warehouse so they'll be found when supplies run low.
(c) Put them in a hidden place so someone will stumble on them.
(d) Put them in a box with a timed lock.
3. What does Clary tell Lina to get for Sadge?
(a) Apple juice.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A drink of water.
4. How many times does Granny say she had pineapple before the supply was gone?
(a) Every day.
5. What job does Doon say he desperately wanted?
(b) Electrician's helper.
(c) Greenhouse assistant.
(d) Pipeworks laborer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the chief builder say the people of Ember must stay in the city?
2. Why does Clary say she told Lina to leave when Sadge arrived?
3. Where does Sadge work?
4. What does Doon's father say a person gets when he doesn't control his anger?
5. Which of the following is a fact taught by the Book of the City of Ember?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the message the mayor gives during the town hall meeting in chapter six and what it the reaction of the people to his message?
2. What is Mrs. Murdo like and what does Lina like about having her around?
3. Why does Lina decide she can't ask the mayor to come to her house to see the instructions?
4. Describe what lies beyond the light from Ember and what people know about that area.
5. What does Doon say about the situation in Ember and what is the Mayor's reaction?
6. Who does Lina show the instructions to first and what is that person's reaction?
7. Where does Doon go to learn about fire and what are some of the things Doon learns about fire?
8. What are the clues that the paper from the fancy box was written by the Builders?
9. What is the plan the Builders have for ensuring the people of Ember can find their way out of the city at the correct time?
10. What is Clary's job and what does she give Lina on the day they see the man coming back from the Unknown Regions?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)