|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sadge say he was looking for when he went into the darkness outside Ember?
(a) Something that could help the people.
(b) A way to carry light into the darkness.
(c) Another city.
2. What is on Lina's wall?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her drawings.
(c) A pot with a bean seed.
(d) Her clothes.
3. What two colored pencils does Lina purchase?
(a) Red and blue.
(b) Blue and green.
(c) Yellow and purple.
(d) Green and orange.
4. What was Lina's father's job before his death?
(a) He was a pipeworks laborer.
(b) He worked at the greenhouses.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He ran the yarn shop.
5. Who does Nammy Proggs say fixes broken things at her house?
(a) Mr. Murdo.
(c) She fixes them herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doon believe are his two possible courses of action?
2. According to the book Doon finds, what is a "hog"?
3. What is past the trash heaps?
4. How does Lina say she believes the people of Ember can reach the city Lina dreams about?
5. What is written at the entrance of the dark tunnel Doon discovers that ends in a locked door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the message the mayor gives during the town hall meeting in chapter six and what it the reaction of the people to his message?
2. What does Nammy Proggs say to Lina after Lina finds Poppy at Doon's father's store?
3. What is the plan the Builders have for ensuring the people of Ember can find their way out of the city at the correct time?
4. What happens when Granny wakes Lina in the middle of the night and what does Lina discover when she wakes the following morning?
5. What does Granny say she saw on her tour of the storerooms as a child and why do children Lina's age not get the opportunity to tour the storerooms?
6. What are the other tragedies Lina thinks about as she stays home from work to take care of Granny?
7. What does Doon discover when he goes into the generator room on his first lunch break and why is he disappointed?
8. What are the clues that the paper from the fancy box was written by the Builders?
9. What are some of the old words and phrases Doon finds in a book in the library and what does the book say they mean?
10. What is Doon's father's job and how does his job impact Doon's apartment?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)