|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lina believe the instructions say a person should do in the Pipeworks?
(a) Repair the generator.
(b) Find a boat.
(c) Look for a door.
2. Where does Sadge work?
(a) In the Pipeworks.
(b) In the Generator Room.
(c) In the Supply Depot.
(d) In the greenhouse.
3. Which of the reports does Lizzie say she's never allowed to see?
(a) The report for lightbulbs.
(b) The report for children's shoes.
(c) The report for forks.
(d) The report for canned pineapples.
4. What does Granny say she dreamed about?
(b) A baby.
(d) A blue sky.
5. Who has Poppy when Lina finds her?
(a) Nammy Proggs.
(d) Mrs. Murdo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the item Lina feels she needs to buy for Granny?
2. What does Dr. Tower have in her hands when she tells Lina that her mother died?
3. Who is the teacher overseeing Lina's class on Assignment Day?
4. What is the dare Lina shouts to her classmates that causes an argument with Doon?
5. What does Doon give Lina to wear when they go into the Pipeworks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lina think about with regard to being "alone in the world" on her first day back at work after her Granny's death/
2. What is Lina's Granny's job and what is she doing on the day Lina comes home from work in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Lizzie first tell Lina she got the canned items and what does she eventually reveal as the truth?
4. What are some of the things Doon packs to take on the journey out of Ember and what are some of the things he leaves behind?
5. What are some of the old words and phrases Doon finds in a book in the library and what does the book say they mean?
6. Describe the pencils Looper has for sale and Lina's reaction to them.
7. What does Nammy Proggs say to Lina after Lina finds Poppy at Doon's father's store?
8. What is the plan the Builders have for ensuring the people of Ember can find their way out of the city at the correct time?
9. Briefly describe the room Lina shares with Poppy.
10. What is Dr. Tower's first reaction when Lina says her Granny is sick and what does she instruct Lina to do once she's seen Granny?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)